What Happened To"Always Keep At Least 6 Months Money Supply In The Bank"?,Well,For About 100 Million People

LeeOnLido

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2018
There are millions of people out there that just "Make It And Spend It". We all know one of the most basic rules of life if you make an average salary, always keep a decent amount of cash in your accounts god forbid something happens.
I have often heard that up to half of us barely have 1000 in savings. I find that odd with such a great economy. Nowadays, even if you have between 5 and 10K put away, thats really not a lot of money in this world.
Well now these 45/50% of us are learning the lesson they have been told for years. Keep At Least Six Months Supply In The Bank, or at least a decent credit line just in case anything happens.
And now we have Queen Pelosi stalling on helping these millions who are about to go broke.

i wonder how many millions of low percentage checks will be written these next two weeks. I really dont want to use my 0% offers, but I have no choice

I read both of your posts.
That would be #1 and #2.

Can you translate?
You wrote a bunch of words, but clearly didn't say anything relevant.

My best guess:
1) You are saying your have 6+ months of available cash in the bank? Is that true?
2) You can't fathom the concept that 1/2 the Nation has less than $1,000 available in cash. Is that what you are saying?
3) You mentioned the "Great Economy" and because of that you can't understand, or find it odd, that people don't have more than $1,000 in available cash. You said that? Correct.

We have a massive consumer driven economy that uses credit way too much. I feel for people whose incomes barely cover monthly expenses but on the other hand we have all seen the scenes from Black Friday sales. Those aren't wall street fat cats fighting over the 60 inch HD TVs.

We have a massive consumer driven economy that uses credit way too much. I feel for people whose incomes barely cover monthly expenses but on the other hand we have all seen the scenes from Black Friday sales. Those aren't wall street fat cats fighting over the 60 inch HD TVs.
i think a lot of people went a little crazy with their lines of credit assuming they would always have a job so long as Trump was President. now what do they do?

Nobody mentions people in jobs that pay only enough, and maybe not enough, to cover legitimate expenses. Putting aside money in the bank presupposes that one earns enough to do so. Talking about over-spending and credit problems is a way of deflecting from this basic fact and functions merely as a part of the "blame game."

Plus, the push by financial institutions to get people to accept credit has been phenomenal for decades. I got so many offers of credit over the last 20 years that I had the shredder going constantly. I shudder when I think about people who were not well-educated and got hooked. Now nobody wants to talk about it.

We have a consumer driven economy where the consumer goods are made in china

America lost millions of manufacturing jobs and our REAL economic engine through 40 years of stupid trade policy

New Topics

Forum List

Back