What exactly is the Democrats' reasoning when they oppose requiring voter ID as racism?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
I understand that the real goal is twofold - to further the "non-Democrats are racist" narrative and to protect the suffrage of the solidly Democratic-voting illegal immigrant bloc. I'm still curious what their case is in their own words - how they actually justify it legally and rhetorically. I can't really seem to find much more than vague assertions and talking points though. Maybe somebody well versed in their platform (preferably at least a Democrat themselves if not connected to the issue in some active way) could explain it?

Perhaps they think that many Democrat voters either lack the funds, the organizational skills or the legal requirements to attain ID?

Can't think of anything else really.

Voter ID is the least of it. Reducing the number of voting places, reducing hours, making it harder to vote period and then boasting that the GOP will win elections with these disgusting, anti American and rotten tactics and those comments coming from the GOP leadership. Things you come to expect from the GOP. Right?

Voter ID is the least of it. Reducing the number of voting places, reducing hours, making it harder to vote period and then boasting that the GOP will win elections with these disgusting, anti American and rotten tactics and those comments coming from the GOP leadership. Things you come to expect from the GOP. Right?
I don't really hold the GOP in very high regard either, especially since Karl Rove himself put our last Democratic governor in prison on bullshit charges to get Riley in office and neutralize Siegelman before he became a national level threat then had the house of the lawyer investigating the case burned down as a warning. That's not really here nor there though.

Perhaps they think that many Democrat voters either lack the funds, the organizational skills or the legal requirements to attain ID?

It's not that hard to get something though. I walked down to the courthouse and got a non-driver ID right before showing up for basic. It took all of a few hours and a negligible amount of cash.

I understand that the real goal is twofold - to further the "non-Democrats are racist" narrative and to protect the suffrage of the solidly Democratic-voting illegal immigrant bloc. I'm still curious what their case is in their own words - how they actually justify it legally and rhetorically. I can't really seem to find much more than vague assertions and talking points though. Maybe somebody well versed in their platform (preferably at least a Democrat themselves if not connected to the issue in some active way) could explain it?

As someone often accused of being a liberal (though a-political, I think of myself as a moderate) I'm all for presenting some kind of valid ID in order to vote and have your identity recorded to proof against voter fraud. Seems like common sense to me. Whether or not voter fraud is rampant is immaterial. Have to present ID for all manner of things. Isn't racism then, why is it to vote?

Obama-voter-ID-610x400.jpg

Anybody who doesn't cave to EVERYTHING the race baiters want is a "racist".

It's not real but its all they have.

Will new photo ID laws keep down the black vote in the South - Investigations

Regards from Rosie

OK...I'll try

Surveys have shown large percentages of blacks do not have appropriate ID or documentation that would support obtaining ID. There is nothing indicating they are not legal voters
Blocking those voters from the polls will result In a 2-3% shift intend polls. Enough to influence many elections

An estimated 81,983 voters in South Carolina do not possess a government-issued photo ID, mainly because of missing or inaccurate personal documents. These are mostly elderly, black longtime residents.

I'll make an offer. Provide documentation to 99% of the voters and then you can require it

I don't really hold the GOP in very high regard either, especially since Karl Rove himself put our last Democratic governor in prison on bullshit charges to get Riley in office and neutralize Siegelman before he became a national level threat then had the house of the lawyer investigating the case burned down as a warning. That's not really here nor there though.

It's not that hard to get something though. I walked down to the courthouse and got a non-driver ID right before showing up for basic. It took all of a few hours and a negligible amount of cash.
Any cash at all means you have to pay to vote. That's is against the law.

My grandmother was born at home in Virginia by a midwife. Nothing was filed. She had no birth certificate. Neither did her mother. They are both dead. But would they have been allowed to vote today? With both being white, I suspect they wouldn't have had a problem.

If voter ID can block 80,000 blacks from voting, Republicans are willing to try it

First, tell us why you think that a pictured government ID card after they have registered to vote, is necessary for our citizens to vote now, when it has never been required for 240 years, AND what kind of fraud do you actually have proof of, that this government issued photo id could stop by showing your gvt issued photo id for at the polling place?

The republican party members/politicians have revealed several times over, that they want to LIMIT CITIZEN'S vote so that the Republicans can win elections.

this is "Papers Please" and we are all going to be required to carry them, just like the Gestapo....and I don't ever want to live in a Nation like that....

And there are many seniors that do not have gvt issued photo id's along with many poor people that are citizens, both rural and in cities that do not have photo id's....and they should not be mandated to have one by our gvt.....

If you want to stop TRUE voter fraud, the proper vetting should happen when a person registers to vote.... and for some reason you want an ID at the polls, then a person's SS card and an electric bill or your electric bill and your work id or payroll stub is enough identification to prove you are the person registered.

If you truly cared about voter fraud, you would do something about taking dead people off of the voter rolls, I mean, HOW HARD can that be for them to do? You would care about absentee ballots and how loose as a goose that system is and could be corrupted by insiders....

So many places where voter fraud has actually occurred....

Yet ALL of these things are completely IGNORED by those Republicans who CLAIM they want to stop voter fraud with a mandatory gvt issued photo id card on every single one of us...when the fraud takes place elsewhere....?

Trust me, this measure is simply to prevent CITIZENS from voting in their own elections in their own Nation.

Last edited:
Voter ID works out to this

We, as a society are willing to block 100 legitimate voters from voting in order to keep 1 ineligible voter from voting

my motherinlaw, would not have a govt photo id to vote.... for 55 years of her voting life she did not drive, so only the last 11 did she have a driver's license.

People who choose not to drive, should not be made to go through a hoop that was not put before other voters.....

People who drive already, already have this gvt issued photo id and don't have to take any extra measures in order to vote while those who don't drive are put through a measure of having to miss work, take a cab or bus to a gvt agency, buy and pay for a birth certificate that they may not have, all in order to be able to vote....

that does not seem like equal treatment, under the law...?

the only reason to resist making it harder to cheat is if you need to cheating to win........

the only reason to resist making it harder to cheat is if you need to cheating to win........
cheating, is putting in a non essential measure... in the GUISE of saying it would prevent voter fraud... when it has been PROVEN that this measure does NOT stop voter fraud, but prevents CITIZENS from voting.

Cheating, is preventing American Citizens from being able to vote in their own Nation's elections.

Blacks don't seem to have any problem providing ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, sign up for welfare, get a fishing license, board a plane or train, shall I continue?

If it was just Voter ID laws the GOP supported you "might" possibly have a point....but they also support reducing early voting, stopping sunday voting, reducing the number of polling stations in urban areas, and purging voter roles of minorities specifically.

It doesn't take a fricking genius to put the pieces together and see what they're trying to do.

Forum List

Back