What don't you like about Newt Gingrich?

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score
For me it goes back to the 90's and the ugly side he showed when he so brazenly and unsympathetically judged and politicized the heinous case of the baby being cut out of a mother's belly.

Politically it was on par with Obama's incredibly unpresidential "acted stupidly" comment about the Cambridge police officers arresting Henry Gates. On a humanity level, it was worse.

Sometimes I try to give Newt a chance. Sometimes he makes sense. But he's had enough hiccups to make me not try too hard. His comments on the mosque near Ground Zero are an example of how he manages to turn me off whenever I start to think I should take him seriously. He has made me not care about trying too hard to see any particular good in what he brings with him to the campaign.

Full-Auto

Gold Member
Reaction score
For me it goes back to the 90's and the ugly side he showed when he so brazenly and unsympathetically judged and politicized the heinous case of the baby being cut out of a mother's belly.

Politically it was on par with Obama's incredibly unpresidential "acted stupidly" comment about the Cambridge police officers arresting Henry Gates. On a humanity level, it was worse.

Sometimes I try to give Newt a chance. Sometimes he makes sense. But he's had enough hiccups to make me not try too hard. His comments on the mosque near Ground Zero are an example of how he manages to turn me off whenever I start to think I should take him seriously. He has made me not care about trying too hard to see any particular good in what he brings with him to the campaign.

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I dislike everything about Gingrich. Plus, he has a face I'd like to slap.

OP
Amelia

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score
He's a lying, cheating, hypocritical little man who acts like he's the smartest person in the room.

He has a good chance of being the smartest person in most rooms. ( :

Last edited:

Navy1960

Reaction score
During his term as Speaker, eighty-four ethics charges were filed against him; eighty-three of them were dropped.[61] The remaining charge concerned a 20-hour college course called "Renewing American Civilization" that Gingrich had taught through a tax-deductible foundation, Kennesaw State College Foundation. Allegations of tax improprieties led to two counts "of failure to seek legal advice" and one count of "providing the committee with information which he knew or should have known was inaccurate" concerning the use of a tax exempt college course for political purposes.

Republicans lost five seats in the House in the 1998 midterm elections—the worst performance in 64 years for a party that didn't hold the presidency. Polls showed that Gingrich and the Republican Party's attempt to remove President Clinton from office was widely unpopular among Americans

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most likely because he has shown himself to lacking in ethics, and a willingness waste the time of the American public in terms of both money and legislation to seek political power. So while he may appear to have a vast knowledge of the inner workings of Washington D.C. theres a good reason for that, he's a former Speaker of the House.

jillian

Princess
Reaction score
He's a lying, cheating, hypocritical little man who acts like he's the smartest person in the room.

He has a good chance of being the smartest person in most rooms. ( :
not really. though i know people like to say that. smart people don't devolve into nutbarworld... he vacillates between intelligent analysis and the freakzone.

mostly, he's a hypocrite who served his wife with divorce papers while she was lying on her hospital bed after having a mastectomy... and carrying on an affair while pushing for bill clinton's impeachment for having an affair.

i can't say i much like pondscum.

Last edited:

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Reaction score
Politically it was on par with Obama's incredibly unpresidential "acted stupidly" comment about the Cambridge police officers arresting Henry Gates.
What an interesting perspective.

Darkwind

Gold Member
Reaction score
During his term as Speaker, eighty-four ethics charges were filed against him; eighty-three of them were dropped.[61] The remaining charge concerned a 20-hour college course called "Renewing American Civilization" that Gingrich had taught through a tax-deductible foundation, Kennesaw State College Foundation. Allegations of tax improprieties led to two counts "of failure to seek legal advice" and one count of "providing the committee with information which he knew or should have known was inaccurate" concerning the use of a tax exempt college course for political purposes.

Republicans lost five seats in the House in the 1998 midterm elections—the worst performance in 64 years for a party that didn't hold the presidency. Polls showed that Gingrich and the Republican Party's attempt to remove President Clinton from office was widely unpopular among Americans

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most likely because he has shown himself to lacking in ethics, and a willingness waste the time of the American public in terms of both money and legislation to seek political power. So while he may appear to have a vast knowledge of the inner workings of Washington D.C. theres a good reason for that, he's a former Speaker of the House.
Hmm....sounds a lot like Nancy Pelosi and other assorted Democrats.

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Board trolls bored? Several irrelevant old ass threads suddenly on the front page
I've recently taken an interest in discussions about unpresidential behavior.
You are trolling. That content ran its course and was dismissed in its rime.

The real question is what news are you trying to avoid or bury by bumping this old shit?

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Reaction score
Board trolls bored? Several irrelevant old ass threads suddenly on the front page
I've recently taken an interest in discussions about unpresidential behavior.
You are trolling. That content ran its course and was dismissed in its rime.

The real question is what news are you trying to avoid or bury by bumping this old shit?
Gee, tell me more Oh wise sage, knower of everything and reader of minds.

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Who even remembers the House Speaker ten years ago let alone 25 or 30. All I remember is that the media managed to blame the government shutdown on Gingrich instead of Clinton. The post belongs in the history forum.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List