What does yours look like?

It would look a lot like this:

View attachment 320158

Its a metaphor for the entire nation. The conservatives pride themselves on self sufficiency, being self-made people, etc... In truth few if anyone is truly self-sufficient and few if anyone is self-made. Did you get a good education? That is because some liberal decided that compulsory education nationwide was a good thing. Kudos to you for taking full advantage of it but you got a leg-up before you were even born!!!

Isn't it funny how your utopia requires people to suffer.

You really are a despicable piece of shit.
not necessarily....maybe it represents the conflict between a society based on rugged individual competition and a society built on mutual cooperation.
Unless your goal is mine... It isn’t mutual...

Your Utopia? And I mean realistically. There is no doubt that the vast majority of people on this forum are divided into two camps. Then there is the odd neutral like myself. If you could chuck all the liberals on one side of the country and the conservatives on the other, what would your society look like.

A conservative society would probably have no abortion, high gun ownership, the death penalty.
A democrat society would probably have no death penalty, affirmative action etc.

Both would probably be founded on the US BOR and Constitution.
I think the conservative society would have a lower crime rate, but the liberal society would be more just.

Guess I don't believe in Utopias.. Not really anything to DO in a "utopia" because everyone's NEEDS are resolved.. I've figured out the left/right divide is largely over this one word -- RISK ---.. Left tries to annihilate risk anywhere they see it -- the right realizes it's a fact of life and DRIVES us to innovate, open businesses, not get complacent about your future..
This part is interesting. I never thought of tbe differences in terms of risk, but that is a good point. I agree with it.

I would also add another point: inclusive vs. exclusive. The left tries to include the many in it’s definition of “us”, the right excludes those who don’t fit.

The right views equality as an equal playing field, the left, equality of outcome. The first ignores the fact that some folks start out lengths behind, the second diminishes the power of individual effort,

A leftist utopia would be the ultimate nanny state,a rightest utopia, the survival of the fittest.

View attachment 320158

Its a metaphor for the entire nation. The conservatives pride themselves on self sufficiency, being self-made people, etc... In truth few if anyone is truly self-sufficient and few if anyone is self-made. Did you get a good education? That is because some liberal decided that compulsory education nationwide was a good thing. Kudos to you for taking full advantage of it but you got a leg-up before you were even born!!!

not necessarily....maybe it represents the conflict between a society based on rugged individual competition and a society built on mutual cooperation.

Well Utopia is overrated and this is perfect even with it imperfections...

View attachment 320158

Doesn't require people to suffer.
People like you choose to suffer. This is why every one of your post is a complaint, a whine, or you calling someone names.
Were you looking in a mirror when you posted this?
You bitch so much I would assume you're a canine.

Your Utopia? And I mean realistically. There is no doubt that the vast majority of people on this forum are divided into two camps. Then there is the odd neutral like myself. If you could chuck all the liberals on one side of the country and the conservatives on the other, what would your society look like.

A conservative society would probably have no abortion, high gun ownership, the death penalty.
A democrat society would probably have no death penalty, affirmative action etc.

I think the conservative society would have a lower crime rate, but the liberal society would be more just.

Guess I don't believe in Utopias.. Not really anything to DO in a "utopia" because everyone's NEEDS are resolved.. I've figured out the left/right divide is largely over this one word -- RISK ---.. Left tries to annihilate risk anywhere they see it -- the right realizes it's a fact of life and DRIVES us to innovate, open businesses, not get complacent about your future..
This part is interesting. I never thought of tbe differences in terms of risk, but that is a good point. I agree with it.

I would also add another point: inclusive vs. exclusive. The left tries to include the many in it’s definition of “us”, the right excludes those who don’t fit.

The right views equality as an equal playing field, the left, equality of outcome. The first ignores the fact that some folks start out lengths behind, the second diminishes the power of individual effort,

A leftist utopia would be the ultimate nanny state,a rightest utopia, the survival of the fittest.

Uhm so where are all these atheist homeless shelters at?

well...not sure how atheism fits in with this

It's quite obvious, you are implying that in the conservative god fearing places none exist.

you wouldnt,,,

Not sure what Bill Gates has to do with anything.

Bill Gates has EVERYTHING to do with it... He's one of those awful "self made" "self reliant" people that --- IN YOUR MIND --- is just out for himself and selfish... The people that know that "risk in life" is to be MANAGED -- not purged are the ones that CAN contribute more to society...

Just like the fact that people "not self reliant" are not really in a POSITION to help anyone else...

I don't think these risk takers and self reliant people should be taken out of ANY Utopian wet dream as in the meme you posted.. Because WITHOUT them -- we wouldn't all be able to buy ladders and peck bushels... And instead would crawling over one another to get the apples..

Again, never said anything remotely close to that.

Someone put a school near his home. Someone made sure the water he drank was clean. Someone made sure the food he ate was inspected. It was government regulations enacted, most likely, by liberal politicians—it may have been either party

Just like millions of other kids.

Gates and others made the most of their opportunities but if they didn’t get the opportunity...none of it happens.

Gates—as far as I know—isn’t under the delusion that his success was only due to his efforts.

View attachment 320158

Doesn't require people to suffer.
People like you choose to suffer. This is why every one of your post is a complaint, a whine, or you calling someone names.
Were you looking in a mirror when you posted this?
You bitch so much I would assume you're a canine.

I debate in the manner I’m debated. Usually blob supporters like yourself reflexively resort to profanity and insults (just like your master) so I respond in kind.

Not sure what Bill Gates has to do with anything.

Bill Gates has EVERYTHING to do with it... He's one of those awful "self made" "self reliant" people that --- IN YOUR MIND --- is just out for himself and selfish... The people that know that "risk in life" is to be MANAGED -- not purged are the ones that CAN contribute more to society...

Just like the fact that people "not self reliant" are not really in a POSITION to help anyone else...

I don't think these risk takers and self reliant people should be taken out of ANY Utopian wet dream as in the meme you posted.. Because WITHOUT them -- we wouldn't all be able to buy ladders and peck bushels... And instead would crawling over one another to get the apples..

Again, never said anything remotely close to that.

Someone put a school near his home. Someone made sure the water he drank was clean. Someone made sure the food he ate was inspected. It was government regulations enacted, most likely, by liberal politicians—it may have been either party

Just like millions of other kids.

Gates and others made the most of their opportunities but if they didn’t get the opportunity...none of it happens.

Gates—as far as I know—isn’t under the delusion that his success was only due to his efforts.

Stop with the pocahontas bull shit, (whom Obama plagiarized from)

That RISK difference in attitudes shows up EVERYWHERE in politics... Water can't BE too pure. Investing in stocks for most people is TOO risky.. "Living Wage" is THOUGHT to "remove all risk" of poverty.. Cali has to put TYLENOL on the "cancer causing" list...

It's in almost every discussion...

The inclusive/exclusive thing is anecdotally true.. But misunderstood by the left. The fact that the right does not PANDER to minorities, but offers them the SAME DEAL as everyone else is not being exclusive... Quotas, severe race consciousness, just isn't their bag.. They are largely NOT as fixated on human differences as the Left is.. If someone can do the job -- they are hired to do the job.. Aint counting diversity points at every business round table..

I like the 3rd one about level playing field vs "compensating"... Because I BELIEVE in fixing poverty and the "wage gap"... And too often (Bernie Sanders) some lefties attempt to argue that MONEY is the disadvantage.. It is NOT.. You CANNOT "paper over" those roots causes of gaps and poverty with checks from DC or "living wages"... You MUST PROMOTE the people themselves... Not inflate their wages...

you wouldnt,,,
True, I don't happen to be an athiest but it still seems a complate non-sequeter.

I see o,entry of homeless shelters that are secular.

You are not neutral.
Mine is simple. Accountability for everyone.

That is basically mine too. But also to help those that are vulnerable. Not talking about lazy arses.

Don't take my disgust of Trump as me being pro Democratic. My distaste of him started long before he was a politician. I don't dislike him because he is right wing (although there is an argument to be had he's not even that - more an opportunist).

I am no friend of communism. I like a mixture of socialism and capitalism.

You also have to realise that the US version of conservatism is way to the right of most moderate conservative agendas in other first world countries. You guys are really, really, skewed to the right.

you wouldnt,,,
True, I don't happen to be an athiest but it still seems a complate non-sequeter.

Name them, please and thank you..

you wouldnt,,,

it also applies to abortion clinics but reversed,,,

You are not neutral.
Mine is simple. Accountability for everyone.

That is basically mine too. But also to help those that are vulnerable. Not talking about lazy arses.

Don't take my disgust of Trump as me being pro Democratic. My distaste of him started long before he was a politician. I don't dislike him because he is right wing (although there is an argument to be had he's not even that - more an opportunist).

I am no friend of communism. I like a mixture of socialism and capitalism.

You also have to realise that the US version of conservatism is way to the right of most moderate conservative agendas in other first world countries. You guys are really, really, skewed to the right.

1st world countries?

The ones that don't have the 1st or 2nd ammendment and rely on U.S. military power for their libtard Utopia?

Those countries?

That RISK difference in attitudes shows up EVERYWHERE in politics... Water can't BE too pure. Investing in stocks for most people is TOO risky.. "Living Wage" is THOUGHT to "remove all risk" of poverty.. Cali has to put TYLENOL on the "cancer causing" list...

It's in almost every discussion...

The inclusive/exclusive thing is anecdotally true.. But misunderstood by the left. The fact that the right does not PANDER to minorities, but offers them the SAME DEAL as everyone else is not being exclusive... Quotas, severe race consciousness, just isn't their bag.. They are largely NOT as fixated on human differences as the Left is.. If someone can do the job -- they are hired to do the job.. Aint counting diversity points at every business round table..

I like the 3rd one about level playing field vs "compensating"... Because I BELIEVE in fixing poverty and the "wage gap"... And too often (Bernie Sanders) some lefties attempt to argue that MONEY is the disadvantage.. It is NOT.. You CANNOT "paper over" those roots causes of gaps and poverty with checks from DC or "living wages"... You MUST PROMOTE the people themselves... Not inflate their wages...

Disagree on paragraph 2, not talking party politics at all. But the left, in general is willing to accept the black Jewish gay transexual paraplegic who identifies as the Easter Bunny as one of them, and in that acceptance - allow them to be who they are fully and equally. It isn’t fixated on differences, itis accepting them without insisting they be closeted.

Forum List

Back