What does yours look like?

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Your Utopia? And I mean realistically. There is no doubt that the vast majority of people on this forum are divided into two camps. Then there is the odd neutral like myself. If you could chuck all the liberals on one side of the country and the conservatives on the other, what would your society look like.

A conservative society would probably have no abortion, high gun ownership, the death penalty.
A democrat society would probably have no death penalty, affirmative action etc.

Both would probably be founded on the US BOR and Constitution.
I think the conservative society would have a lower crime rate, but the liberal society would be more just.

Your Utopia? And I mean realistically. There is no doubt that the vast majority of people on this forum are divided into two camps. Then there is the odd neutral like myself. If you could chuck all the liberals on one side of the country and the conservatives on the other, what would your society look like.

A conservative society would probably have no abortion, high gun ownership, the death penalty.
A democrat society would probably have no death penalty, affirmative action etc.

I think the conservative society would have a lower crime rate, but the liberal society would be more just.

More responsibility awarded by the government to each citizen, and along with that, more trust. A more independent society where every citizen strives harder to be resourceful and trustworthy. Self-policing of neighborhoods, more family centric—that sort of thing. Perhaps a return to the hunter/gatherer/agricultural small village way of life, but encapsulated somehow within our monolithic modern civilization.

More responsibility awarded by the government to each citizen, and along with that, more trust. A more independent society where every citizen strives harder to be resourceful and trustworthy. Self-policing of neighborhoods, more family centric—that sort of thing. Perhaps a return to the hunter/gatherer/agricultural small village way of life, but encapsulated somehow within our monolithic modern civilization.

Self policing would be an interesting one...

The Left would have all the good looking women.
The Right would have all the crumbs.

I'd be a dictator. My first order of business would be to move all murderers off death row so that fat people could take their place.

Tell you what. If you put a lot of fatties on a fat farm for six months and got them into good habits it would be interesting to see how much of an effect it would have on your health system.

Are you asking what my version of utopia is or are you asking what I think a completely divided country would look like?

In the truest sense of definition, liberalism is conservatism.

Are you asking what my version of utopia is or are you asking what I think a completely divided country would look like?

Fair question. I'm guess I'm asking if you divided the US into two separate states - one being conservative the other liberal - and all things being equal it is divided with the same amount of land, wealth etc - and there was no civil war - it was done all nicely etc, what would your country look like compared to the other.

I think it might happen eventually. Too much water under the bridge over the past two decades. Might even be a civil war over it. But i'm curious what the reality of each state would actually look like once the dust has settled.

You are not a middle of the roader. You are hard core lefty. That being said, utopia is a world where those who wish to work are rewarded for their efforts. Where crime and disease don't exist, and where people can do what they want, with who they want, when they want.

It would look a lot like this:

1586238076424.png

Its a metaphor for the entire nation. The conservatives pride themselves on self sufficiency, being self-made people, etc... In truth few if anyone is truly self-sufficient and few if anyone is self-made. Did you get a good education? That is because some liberal decided that compulsory education nationwide was a good thing. Kudos to you for taking full advantage of it but you got a leg-up before you were even born!!!

Unbridled anything will result in cruelty.

View attachment 320158

Its a metaphor for the entire nation. The conservatives pride themselves on self sufficiency, being self-made people, etc... In truth few if anyone is truly self-sufficient and few if anyone is self-made. Did you get a good education? That is because some liberal decided that compulsory education nationwide was a good thing. Kudos to you for taking full advantage of it but you got a leg-up before you were even born!!!

Isn't it funny how your utopia requires people to suffer.

You really are a despicable piece of shit.

View attachment 320158

Isn't it funny how your utopia requires people to suffer.

You really are a despicable piece of shit.

Doesn't require people to suffer.
People like you choose to suffer. This is why every one of your post is a complaint, a whine, or you calling someone names.

Guess I don't believe in Utopias.. Not really anything to DO in a "utopia" because everyone's NEEDS are resolved.. I've figured out the left/right divide is largely over this one word -- RISK ---.. Left tries to annihilate risk anywhere they see it -- the right realizes it's a fact of life and DRIVES us to innovate, open businesses, not get complacent about your future..

IDEALLY -- I'd like to see a Congress unmuzzled and unchained from the 2 party system.. MORE independents that can SPEAK AND ACT for themselves without Pelosi, McCarthy, Shumer and McTurtle stifling them.. Would like to see people concerned about their Civil Liberties and freedom.. And not allow a monstrously huge govt that can't faithfully the BASIC stuff that the Constitution asks of them..

Like to have a MEDIA that INVESTIGATES and WORKS for stories.. EXPECTS more of their subscribers and viewers.. And an education system that doesn't EXPECT LESS of underprivileged kids.. EVERYONE motivated by their educational mentors to become life long learners and contributors...

Did you get a good education? That is because some liberal decided that compulsory education nationwide was a good thing. Kudos to you for taking full advantage of it but you got a leg-up before you were even born!!!

Too many kids don't get an education at all.. More like an incarceration and a pass on academics.. ALSO from "some liberals"... Like Biden says -- "poor kids are just as smart as White kids".... Kinda liberal honest moment there...

Fair question. I'm guess I'm asking if you divided the US into two separate states - one being conservative the other liberal - and all things being equal it is divided with the same amount of land, wealth etc - and there was no civil war - it was done all nicely etc, what would your country look like compared to the other.

I think it might happen eventually. Too much water under the bridge over the past two decades. Might even be a civil war over it. But i'm curious what the reality of each state would actually look like once the dust has settled.
Ok so let's say we divided the country into the West US and the East US and all the Conservatives lived in the East and all the Liberals in the West. Let's also say that we advance the clock 60 years so that at least 2 generations mature. So initially I think the Liberal and Conservative ideals would be fervently pursued. But as the initial polarized founders of this country died out and the younger generations grew up, I think both sides after a couple of generations would begin to resemble the original country with people having a mix of views.

Forum List

Back