What does the future look like for Putin?

Holy shit.

NOW he's done it.

1200x0.jpg
I didn't realize he also has small hands.

There have been many reports that Vlad's BMW is no longer hitting on all cylinders, as it were. His borscht has dripped off his spoon. His ikra has slid off its cracker. But up until this invasion, he was still an integrated player on the national stage.

But now, is he literally going to be treated as a war criminal, isolated in the Kremlin? Will he ever get back outside those walls, to the West? Is he now a psychotic despot in decay, paranoid of everyone and everything around him? What does this guy look like in five, ten years, and how will he now be treated globally?

It also makes me wonder if a guy who's lost his marbles and is still in control of all those nukes will decide "fuck it", and do a global version of what Hitler did in his bunker.

This was your fantasy with Trump, too.

You think about this a lot, don't you?

It's folly to accept the propaganda that Putin is anything less than stable and fully in charge. It's the same silly tactic that liberals used on Trump. It sells papers, but doesn't reflect reality without an ounce of evidence.

I didn't, Mac1958 did. And so did you, of course.
No he didn't. I wouldn't either.

For whatever is going on with Putin, Trump is entirely incapable of putting together any sort of lasting coalition, either internationally or domestically. Half the people he put it the White House thinks he's either a crook, incompetent or a "fucking moron" as they say.

In the meantime Biden has managed to be a part of the global community fighting against fascism, not complementing it. And that is such a low, low, low bar for any president including Bush could have passed, not Donny Dorko though.

1. I'm sure Putin anticipated sanctions, which is why he hooked up with China as a financial lifeline. The US generals all thought the war would be over in about 3-days. Apparently so did Putin. Another poster said that Putin never lived in a free country so he has no concept how important freedom is to us, he miscalculated the determination of the Ukes and the west to support them. He thought it would be another cake-walk and Ukraine would surrender.

I didn't hear anyone say this would be open in 3 days....

2. Ukraine just applied to join the EU. I hope NATO lets those tough-assed MFs in. We have different views on which side can take more heat. You think Putin will outlast Zelensky as the military gets more vicious. I'm thinking that it will either be a long difficult slog with a NATO funded insurgency (like worked in AFG), or Putin will be overthrown rather quickly.

NOt really. The Ukraine is throwing everything it has into this fight. Russia isn't using a fraction of it's resources. Yet. Regardless of how this turns out, Putin is going to have more than he started with.

4. I approve of Biden's sanctions, late as they are. IMHO they should have been applied when Putin was massing his forces. But, better late than never. Germany was the pivotal player, when they stepped up the rest of NATO joined in. Even Sweden, Finland, Norway, Japan, and Switzerland kicked in weapons. Now the big corporations are joining the party. Putin is getting a major lesson in capitalism and freedom.

Thanks for admitting that having a sensible leader like Biden is better than Putin's Cockholster, Trump.

There have been many reports that Vlad's BMW is no longer hitting on all cylinders, as it were. His borscht has dripped off his spoon. His ikra has slid off its cracker. But up until this invasion, he was still an integrated player on the national stage.

But now, is he literally going to be treated as a war criminal, isolated in the Kremlin? Will he ever get back outside those walls, to the West? Is he now a psychotic despot in decay, paranoid of everyone and everything around him? What does this guy look like in five, ten years, and how will he now be treated globally?

It also makes me wonder if a guy who's lost his marbles and is still in control of all those nukes will decide "fuck it", and do a global version of what Hitler did in his bunker.

it depends…if the demafasict continue to maintain power, putin will likely continue to invade eastern europe

All good questions. Methinks Putin didn't thoroughly vet his plan. He's a big fat target for some medieval shit to happen to him now.

About time, I say.

Putin has been in power for 22 years or more. He is 70 years old. His mentality is from the 1950's. Most Russians can't stand him.....or should I say the new generations since 2000 can't stand him. Not sure how the older sets feel about him.

Although he is a good businessman, he's a shitstain when it comes to politics and how to properly invest and take care of Russia's people.

If Putin isn't responding to the threats of Brainless Babbling Biden, who was goading him all along to do this...........then what is he responding TO?

Could it be he's on his last legs? Maybe the Russian parliament is tired of his heavy handed bullying? Is his health not what they claim it is? Is there something else at play, like making a last ditch effort to do something "big" with his name attached to it? Is this all a power play backed by the DementiacRats to avert attention from what the DNC is doing to this country?

Only time will tell.
Sounds like someone wants it both ways, blame Putin and Biden! :rolleyes-41:

All good questions. Methinks Putin didn't thoroughly vet his plan. He's a big fat target for some medieval shit to happen to him now.

About time, I say.
Yeah, I've been wondering a lot about that. But here's the problem: Like any good despotic strongman, he's made sure that the only people around him are paid off and loyal as hell. It's essentially like a Mafia organization. A tight-knit circle of dependable sycophants.

Which, of course, seems vaguely familiar.

it depends…if the demafasict continue to maintain power, putin will likely continue to invade eastern europe

Really, because it looks like Biden was able to put together an international coalition to counter Putin's aggression without resorting to war. As opposed to Trump, who spent four years sucking up to Putin and alienating our NATO allies.

Looks like his future will be more countries joining NATO, more and bigger US bases near him, and a very prosperous US military-industrial complex for a while.

The Ukraine is throwing everything it has into this fight. Russia isn't using a fraction of it's resources. Yet. Regardless of how this turns out, Putin is going to have more than he started with.

Thanks for admitting that having a sensible leader like Biden is better than Putin's Cockholster, Trump.
1. Russia is going to have more what than he started with? More DEBT, more body bags? More ruins? More discontent? The Ruble is worthless, the Russian economy is in shambles. Its not looking good for Russia IMHO.

2. Biden's slow draw with sanctions, his approval of Nord Stream 2 while closing down KeystoneXL, and refusal to pump more US oil proves that he's Putin's whore, not Trump. Biden is earning the $3.6m that the Moscow mayor's wife wired him. Trump killed 300 Russian mercs in Syria, Xiden follows the money.

1. Russia is going to have more what than he started with? More DEBT, more body bags? More ruins? More discontent? The Ruble is worthless, the Russian economy is in shambles. Its not looking good for Russia IMHO.

At some point, there's going to be a negotiated settlement, and Russia will end up with the Crimea and Donbass. The war has also given him an excuse to crack down on internal dissidents.

2. Biden's slow draw with sanctions, his approval of Nord Stream 2 while closing down KeystoneXL, and refusal to pump more US oil proves that he's Putin's whore, not Trump. Biden is earning the $3.6m that the Moscow mayor's wife wired him. Trump killed 300 Russian mercs in Syria, Xiden follows the money.

Biden didn't have anything to say about Nordstream 2, which was between Russia and Germany. You need to stop listening to Hate Radio.

Trump did Putin's bidding for four years. He undermined NATO, sewed division in the US, and let Putin have a free hand.

Putin acted before Biden could undo Trump's damage.

Really, because it looks like Biden was able to put together an international coalition to counter Putin's aggression without resorting to war. As opposed to Trump, who spent four years sucking up to Putin and alienating our NATO allies.
hahaha yeah there is no war going on

what international coalition did he "put together?" - first I am hearing about this

Looks like Europe shut Putin out....https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/world/europe/ukraine-biden-eu.html

Biden Strengthens Words on Ukraine After Flustering European Partners​

After the president laid bare divisions over Russian meddling in Ukraine, his administration scramb

Biden Infuriates Eastern NATO Allies With Outreach to Russia​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back