What does the Bible say about Transgenderism?

The same bible also says that ,people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2, supposedly the bible says that mixing meat with dairy is against God Exodus 23:19, so i hope you stayed away from cheeseburgers/whoppers or such.

Also the bible says a man can get away with rape by paying a girl's father some money and considering this is the metoo era, that passage comes across as very offensive.

So much ignorance in one post. Yes, TRUE CHRISTIANS don't eat pork, shrimp, bat, cat or dog. Get over it

I mean, people view the bible as inerrant and unchanging when it concerns LGBT people, but like the other parts of the bible, they say are no longer followed when they are in the bible.

I'm like, if the other parts are no longer followed, then how come they are in the bible?

Isn't the bible God's word and that God's word is unchanging?

Seems parts of the bible contradict other parts.
Nope. It doesn't contradict itself. Lots of people just want their own way and create excuses to get their way. Catholics and Protestants are just as guilty as JWs and Mormons and Muslims and Jews

Nope. It doesn't contradict itself. Lots of people just want their own way and create excuses to get their way. Catholics and Protestants are just as guilty as JWs and Mormons and Muslims and Jews

I'm Catholic as well.

But i don't agree with most of the church's teacings, but i heard the current pope is more acceping of LGBT.

Yeah....if you keep repeating a logical fallacy enough it will become truth and not circular logic. As I have said before, I once knew someone like you who never admitted to a mistake........he thought he did ONCE, but turns out he was not wrong......merely mistaking. :abgg2q.jpg:

You accuse someone of BIGTORY yet......every post you present is bigoted against Christians and the word of God. Go figure........a typical liberal response. You accuse others of the activity that you are engaging. :popcorn:

I especially enjoy your confession that you are more concerned about LOSING FRIENDS (seeking the accolades of this world) above the word of God. Again.......typical. Like the majority of NBA players........you'd rather LOOK GOOD IN PUBLIC while losing than win by being a team player. Its all about the bling, bling. :eusa_shhh: You don't have to reveal your "immaturity" your words prove it.

Don't you feel that the words this guy said to the drag queen was bigotry?

Also i think if you went up to any of these people and talked your anti gay ways you would be called a bigot or a old fogy

Last edited:
One thing i noticed is that you people seem to just post in thread,but not stick around to debate it.

Like hit and run posts.

Ooh! I've spent a good amount of time thinking about this. As to what the Bible says about it..... nothing, it would seem.

I see transgender as another form of intersex. Sure, "God created male and female", but intersex people--rare anomalies that exist because of the fall of man--exist. If we define gender by reproductive organs, then how ON EARTH do we dictate the gender of someone who was born with both a vagina and penis, or who has a mixture of both sets of internal and external organs? Usually doctors just pick one when the intersex person is a baby and does surgery to make their bodies look like the gender they assign.

So far as being transgender goes, science is still in the early stages of trying to make sense of it. There is some evidence to suggest that gender does have more to it than just our physical bodies.
For one, one scientific theory is that we have "body maps"--this theory has been used to explain stuff like sleep paralysis and phantom limb syndrome. I have talked a lot to trans people, and some of them have talked about feeling vaguely as if there should be a penis where there isn't one, or (for the male-bodied ones) feeling as if their penis shouldn't be there. Basically, it's not listed in their brain's body map, which creates a vague or unsettling feeling of it not belonging. Some non-trans people also exist who experience something similar, ie feeling as if one of their limbs doesn't belong even though it clearly exists.

And conservative Christians have been arguing for YEARS that "men and women are very different". Now they want to say that it's only about genitalia??

This is also an interesting read. It's about a village in Africa where children grow up with female anatomy but then when puberty hits they become male.

I don't think it's in this particular article, but in an article on the same subject that I remember reading a few years back, what struck me was that one of the people interviewed said that when they grew up as a girl in their childhood, it always felt "off" somehow.

So far as how to handle gender dysphoria if you have it, I can see arguments from both sides as making sense in their own right and I'm not 100% sure what I would do in those shoes.
A loved one came out to me as transgender last year, and I know of nothing better to do than support them however I'm able. How they choose to handle their condition is not my place to say imo.

Ooh! I've spent a good amount of time thinking about this. As to what the Bible says about it..... nothing, it would seem.

I see transgender as another form of intersex. Sure, "God created male and female", but intersex people--rare anomalies that exist because of the fall of man--exist. If we define gender by reproductive organs, then how ON EARTH do we dictate the gender of someone who was born with both a vagina and penis, or who has a mixture of both sets of internal and external organs? Usually doctors just pick one when the intersex person is a baby and does surgery to make their bodies look like the gender they assign.

So far as being transgender goes, science is still in the early stages of trying to make sense of it. There is some evidence to suggest that gender does have more to it than just our physical bodies.
For one, one scientific theory is that we have "body maps"--this theory has been used to explain stuff like sleep paralysis and phantom limb syndrome. I have talked a lot to trans people, and some of them have talked about feeling vaguely as if there should be a penis where there isn't one, or (for the male-bodied ones) feeling as if their penis shouldn't be there. Basically, it's not listed in their brain's body map, which creates a vague or unsettling feeling of it not belonging. Some non-trans people also exist who experience something similar, ie feeling as if one of their limbs doesn't belong even though it clearly exists.

And conservative Christians have been arguing for YEARS that "men and women are very different". Now they want to say that it's only about genitalia??

This is also an interesting read. It's about a village in Africa where children grow up with female anatomy but then when puberty hits they become male.

I don't think it's in this particular article, but in an article on the same subject that I remember reading a few years back, what struck me was that one of the people interviewed said that when they grew up as a girl in their childhood, it always felt "off" somehow.

So far as how to handle gender dysphoria if you have it, I can see arguments from both sides as making sense in their own right and I'm not 100% sure what I would do in those shoes.
A loved one came out to me as transgender last year, and I know of nothing better to do than support them however I'm able. How they choose to handle their condition is not my place to say imo.

One thing that is surprising is how the western world has all these hangups over transgender and such, when the rest of the world like Polynesia don't have the hangups.

I live in Hawai'i and transgender people here are more treated as a way of life.

One thing i noticed is that you people seem to just post in thread,but not stick around to debate it.

Like hit and run posts.
For those who do this and claim to be Christian, too, their behavior is rather anti-Christian. As Christians we are supposed to be meek and humble and bless rather than curse our enemies, not shout slurs at people and treat them as if they are the scum of the Earth.
People like to defend this behavior by saying "well Jesus wasn't always nice, he called the Pharisees a generation of vipers!" or "but Jesus flipped tables one time!", but one pattern you will see in scripture is that Jesus was a lot more gentle with the regular crowd, even if they were known sinners. If you're familiar the concept of "punching up", Jesus always "punched up"--the religious leaders who had a high place in society and were seen as all good and holy and authorities--Jesus had some harsh words for them. But not those under the religious leaders's heel.

For those who do this and claim to be Christian, too, their behavior is rather anti-Christian. As Christians we are supposed to be meek and humble and bless rather than curse our enemies, not shout slurs at people and treat them as if they are the scum of the Earth.
People like to defend this behavior by saying "well Jesus wasn't always nice, he called the Pharisees a generation of vipers!" or "but Jesus flipped tables one time!", but one pattern you will see in scripture is that Jesus was a lot more gentle with the regular crowd, even if they were known sinners. If you're familiar the concept of "punching up", Jesus always "punched up"--the religious leaders who had a high place in society and were seen as all good and holy and authorities--Jesus had some harsh words for them. But not those under the religious leaders's heel.

Seems many of them say hateful bigoted things and they don't see themselves as being bigoted for saying those things?

Is there an LGBTQ agenda?

Seems many of them say hateful bigoted things and they don't see themselves as being bigoted for saying those things?

Is there an LGBTQ agenda?

Your problem is that your brain is so fucked up, and your soul is so fucked up, that you see the plain truth that is obvious to every sane person as “hateful and bigoted”.

Your problem is that your brain is so fucked up, and your soul is so fucked up, that you see the plain truth that is obvious to every sane person as “hateful and bigoted”.
People who smack talk instead of address the actual arguments and instead of pulling up evidence are almost always compensating for something: their lack of logical arguments and evidence.
Maybe bring up actual talking points so we can take you more seriously.

People who smack talk instead of address the actual arguments and instead of pulling up evidence are almost always compensating for something: their lack of logical arguments and evidence.
Maybe bring up actual talking points so we can take you more seriously.

There is only so far that you can try to reason with someone who is so deeply fucked up in the mind and in the soul as a homosexual or a transsexual or any similar freak.

There is only so far that you can try to reason with someone who is so deeply fucked up in the mind and in the soul as a homosexual or a transsexual or any similar freak.
That is an incredibly anti-Christ attitude my guy, but at least you've shown you have nothing to back up your bullshit. Toodles

~a biromantic asexual

Are you a mental health professional? If so, you might want to update your training. You're a bit behind the curve. If not - well - nobody cares what you think.
Tbh, being on this forum a few months, I've been surprised that this level of homophobia still exists. Like. Even my childhood fundie independent baptist church wasn't that hateful, and none of the Christians I grew up with, no matter how straightlaced, treated queer people with that much disdain.

LGBTQ people are made in the image of God just like everyone else, you don't even have to be affirming of same sex relationships to treat us as equals and with kindness. Heck, I'm not affirming myself, and I'm a freakin woman who is attracted to women.

Tbh, being on this forum a few months, I've been surprised that this level of homophobia still exists. Like. Even my childhood fundie independent baptist church wasn't that hateful, and none of the Christians I grew up with, no matter how straightlaced, treated queer people with that much disdain.

LGBTQ people are made in the image of God just like everyone else, you don't even have to be affirming of same sex relationships to treat us as equals and with kindness. Heck, I'm not affirming myself, and I'm a freakin woman who is attracted to women.

Yup.

Seems some even say that LGBT are mentally ill or pedos, even though LGBT has nothing to do with that stuff.

One time i said that straight people are likely to be child predators and they disregarded what i said.

Could we please just call it "sex"?

Gender reminds me of Latin class.

Exactly. Most romantic languages are BUILT around gender. But that IMPLIED sex. It's "sexual orientation" that has more than 2 sexes..

So the Woking Dead walk right into the gender meat grinder with this GREAT CONCEPT that instead of saying Latino and Latina -- we MUST ALL NOW USE Latinx...

Major wake up call for the Woke comes when 95% of Hispanics and "Latinx" REFUSE to even CONSIDER the notion.. Seems like no one in the Woke committee hearing pointed out that GENDER in Spanish just CANNOT be removed from the culture or the LANGUAGE...

Exactly. Most romantic languages are BUILT around gender. But that IMPLIED sex. It's "sexual orientation" that has more than 2 sexes..

So the Woking Dead walk right into the gender meat grinder with this GREAT CONCEPT that instead of saying Latino and Latina -- we MUST ALL NOW USE Latinx...

Major wake up call for the Woke comes when 95% of Hispanics and "Latinx" REFUSE to even CONSIDER the notion.. Seems like no one in the Woke committee hearing pointed out that GENDER in Spanish just CANNOT be removed from the culture or the LANGUAGE...
Well said. Well, *I* sure don't have to "must use Latinx" ------ I never even say "gay." This all reminds me of a guy who worked for the Bureau of Indian Affairs during all the hoopla about calling them "Native Americans, " initial caps. He asked around, being in a position to ask the people most concerned. "We just call each other Indians," they all said.

I've never bothered with "Native Americans" since.

evenifigoalone

Also seems there seems to be two types of Christians, image and heart.

Those who are image Christians seem to be the ones who are very judgemental and say the LGBT people are going to hell and are concerned about their image and quote verses from the OT on being LGBT and crossdressing.

But when we mention the parts on getting tattoos, gossip being against the bible, consulting psychics, they are like "that's old testment"

Yes it it, but they are also quoting parts from the old testament themselves in the bible in Genesis,Deuteronomy and such to condemn being LGBT and crossdressing when they ignore the other rules that are stated.

Also i found out about a test to see if a woman cheated on her husband which in fact is unconsensual abortion.

Bible Gateway passage: Numbers 5:11-31 - New International Version

There are also Christians who have Christ in their heart and are not like those so called 'christians"

The judgemental types are forgetting this verse.

evenifigoalone

Also seems there seems to be two types of Christians, image and heart.

Those who are image Christians seem to be the ones who are very judgemental and say the LGBT people are going to hell and are concerned about their image and quote verses from the OT on being LGBT and crossdressing.

But when we mention the parts on getting tattoos, gossip being against the bible, consulting psychics, they are like "that's old testment"

Yes it it, but they are also quoting parts from the old testament themselves in the bible in Genesis,Deuteronomy and such to condemn being LGBT and crossdressing when they ignore the other rules that are stated.

Also i found out about a test to see if a woman cheated on her husband which in fact is unconsensual abortion.

Bible Gateway passage: Numbers 5:11-31 - New International Version

There are also Christians who have Christ in their heart and are not like those so called 'christians"

The judgemental types are forgetting this verse.

The people calling themselves Christians are the real, religious, defiled, Sodomites, giving the wrong kind of judging. Jesus did not give that kind of judging. Those defiled religious Christians don't like God's image as it is. They made people to be afraid of showing their natural form. That hatred made people to call themselves what they call themselves. The church, acting holy complains. Those leaders will get their reward.
They that think tormenting hell will become eternal ashes. A mind that torments another, will not get a new body. That mind will be destroyed forever. Your furry self is not against the Spirit of the Bible. Your furry self is against the evil sprit in church leaders, who are perverting the words of the living God.
Isaiah 1 KJV verse 10 down is not describing a sexuality name. Religious people who lost their way did not know the two beings in Lots house. One person was chosen to go to Lots door. Sodomites got angry when Lot would not let that person evaluate the two being in Lots house. Lot was not keeping Sodomites from having an orgy with two beings. That is ridiculous. The worse that Sodomites wanted to do to lot, had nothing to do with sex. The church has an overwhelming desier to complain about somthing. Satan is a complaining being.
Don't do what Saul did with the witch of Endor.
That was a test to see if the woman spoke the truth. God wants us to be truthful.

Forum List

Back