What does Saudi mean in the name of Saudi Arabia?

RE: What does Saudi mean in the name of Saudi Arabia?ss
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: The House of Saud, means many things to many people.

Family name. They say...........house of Saud.
And here is the other half. The religious Wahhabi side that married into the house of Saud.
(COMMENT)

But today, the House of Saud
(lead by HM King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud) is most known for the unification of the many regional Arabian Arab Tribes, bring peace to the forefront concern to the Arabs of the Saudi State and bring giant leaps in the contemporary development and regional stability for all the Saudi Arabian People.

When you say, "The House of Saud," you are saying many different things. And the compilation of those many things are the components of what makes Saudi Arabia the 21st Century Nation it has become.

Just my two-cents,
(That's all I can afford.)
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: The House of Saud, means many things to many people.

Family name. They say...........house of Saud.
And here is the other half. The religious Wahhabi side that married into the house of Saud.
(COMMENT)

But today, the House of Saud
(lead by HM King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud) is most known for the unification of the many regional Arabian Arab Tribes, bring peace to the forefront concern to the Arabs of the Saudi State and bring giant leaps in the contemporary development and regional stability for all the Saudi Arabian People.

When you say, "The House of Saud," you are saying many different things. And the compilation of those many things are the components of what makes Saudi Arabia the 21st Century Nation it has become.

Just my two-cents,
(That's all I can afford.)
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

There are people living in Saudi Arabia that make sure that others are aware that they are NOT related to the house of Saud. It is a family name and that marriage is where the religion comes from. That religion was exported. It's been a problem within and without.

Now, if you would like to discuss those other many things, I am open to it.

⁜→ Disir, et al,

Don't get me wrong. I am not a Cheerleader for Saudi Arabia (not that - that is a bad thing).

BLUF: But I do believe in giving credit where credit is due. No Government is perfect. But the House of Saud had been good by the people and the region as a whole (more so than is recognized).

Now, if you would like to discuss those other many things, I am open to it.
(COMMENT)

Saudi Arabia ranked higher than any other Arab League State; except Bahrain (Ranked 31st) the highest-ranked Arab State in the entire region. Saudi Arabia exploits new technologies where it can, and an example might be the first utility-scale wind power farm, which will be the largest in the Middle East. They will be teaching the rest of the world how to reduce their carbon footprint.

While Saudi Arabia has been marginally improving since the early 1990s, there was a remarkable as HM gained in influence.

Human Deveopment Indicators covering the yeqr 2020.png

I am probably not the best person to speak for the Saudi Family and their nation, but I don't think Saudi Arabia has been recognized for the improvements and developments they have made.

Just my thought.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Well, what does Saudi mean in the name Saudi Arabia?

Is it a place? Is it a family name? Is it a religious term? What is Saudi?
Some day it will be just Arabia.

The first Saudi Dynasty goes back to Diriya in the Najd..

Emirate of Diriyah - Wikipedia
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki › Emirate_of_Diriyah
The Emirate of Diriyah, also transliterated as the Emirate of Dir'iyah, and known as the First Saudi State, was established in the year 1744 when Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab and Prince Muhammad bin Saud formed an alliance to found a socio-religious reform movement to unify the many states of the Arabian Peninsula. In 1744, both Muhammed bin Abd Al Wahhab and Muhammad bin Saud took an oath to …

When I converted to Islam back in 2001 (before 9/11)
It was a Saudi mosque that I attended for 2+ years before I changed my job and moved to another state. Almost all of the members were Saudi students from the local university, or Saudi fighter pilots being trained at the U.S. military base located next to the city where I lived.
The Imam and everyone at the mosque there were adherents of the Wahhabi school of Sunni Islam.
A great bunch of guys, and I spent many hours talking and praying with them as I learned my new religion.
They all loved their country and had no desire to live anywhere else. They told me most Saudi citizens weren't enamored with the royal family, but they tolerated them because of the way Islam and Sharia law were kept intact and protected by the Royal family. ... :cool:

Last edited:
When I converted to Islam back in 2001 (before 9/11)
It was a Saudi mosque that I attended for 2+ years before I changed my job and moved to another state. Almost all of the members were Saudi students from the local university, or Saudi fighter pilots being trained at the U.S. military base located next to the city where I lived.
The Imam and everyone at the mosque there were adherents of the Wahhabi school of Sunni Islam.
A great bunch of guys, and I spent many hours talking and praying with them as I learned my new religion.
They all loved their country and had no desire to live anywhere else. They told me most Saudi citizens weren't enamored with the royal family, but they tolerated them because of the way Islam and Sharia law were kept intact and protected by the Royal family. ... :cool:

The Suderi Seven are completely dedicated to the progress and prosperity of the Saudi people... and between them they had some 500 years of solid experience in governance. They spend 86% of oil revenues on health, education, power, clean water, roads and housing... The young Saudis don't really know what KSA was like 70 years ago... and how far they have come. They interviewed me on video for the university archives for an hour or so .. They were amazed.. I like them too.

I don't have a problem with Saudi Arabia. I am against the entire notion of let's destroy Saudi Arabia. I can do that. I'm in the US. But, be honest about the religion. We don't get to pretend that the CPVPV is a stand up group even if they are trying to take a "more gentle approach". Purchasing the abayas in more colors with decorative details is not showcasing it. You know damn well that they get on the plane and go to the bathroom and change clothes. Wahhabism is stringent, ultra conservative branch of Islam.

I don't have a problem with Saudi Arabia. I am against the entire notion of let's destroy Saudi Arabia. I can do that. I'm in the US. But, be honest about the religion. We don't get to pretend that the CPVPV is a stand up group even if they are trying to take a "more gentle approach". Purchasing the abayas in more colors with decorative details is not showcasing it. You know damn well that they get on the plane and go to the bathroom and change clothes. Wahhabism is stringent, ultra conservative branch of Islam.

I lived around them for many years.. They are conservative and family oriented. They do change into Western clothes when they fly out of Arabia.. but, I have NEVER worn an abaya in country. I tried it once and damn near broke my neck.. I like them.. I find them to be kind, hospitable and helpful. I have no idea what CPVPV is.....

I lived around them for many years.. They are conservative and family oriented. They do change into Western clothes when they fly out of Arabia.. but, I have NEVER worn an abaya in country. I tried it once and damn near broke my neck.. I like them.. I find them to be kind, hospitable and helpful. I have no idea what CPVPV is.....
I don't care. It's not a question of liking or not liking them. This isn't first grade.

The CPVPV are the religious police. It stands for the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice, They haven't been able to make an arrest since 2016 but as it turns out they don't have to.

I don't care. It's not a question of liking or not liking them. This isn't first grade.

The CPVPV are the religious police. It stands for the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice, They haven't been able to make an arrest since 2016 but as it turns out they don't have to.

CPVPV are the mutaween AKA the pests.

Yes. They are the mutaween.

The mutaween are rare in the Eastern Province and Jeddah. They are banned in Jubail and Yanbu. In all the years I was there and all my visits, I have never seen one.

The mutaween are rare in the Eastern Province and Jeddah. They are banned in Jubail and Yanbu. In all the years I was there and all my visits, I have never seen one.
They aren't that rare. I don't consider you to be an expert.

They aren't that rare. I don't consider you to be an expert.

I read there are around 3400 of them. Have you seen many of them?

I few years back they kept getting thrown out of International Book Fairs.. to the utter delight of the Saudis.

Forum List

Back