What does it mean to be intelligent?

deskeptify

Aug 23, 2017
I saw this question asked in another thread. Though I didn't bother reading it because it said that it was closed down to further replies. I guess that's what it means to be intelligent around here. It isn't allowed to be discussed. I am mortified by that.

Not necessarily. Some threads tend to "devolve" into pissing contests, so they either get moved or shut down.
You'll have to find something else to be mortified by. Might I suggest a visit to the basement? There's mortifying shit all over the place down there... :ack-1:

• Banned
Not necessarily. Some threads tend to "devolve" into pissing contests, so they either get moved or shut down.
You'll have to find something else to be mortified by. Might I suggest a visit to the basement? There's mortifying shit all over the place down there... :ack-1:

I would be willing to bet that it is those who don't want some topic discussed who do the "pissing." Then the victims get their thread closed down to debate. Or sent to the basement. Or just deleted.

I have been in such a situation before. If it is something as the writer can take, nobody else has a right to tell me what I can take or not. And if anybody gets too nasty, that is what the ignore function is for. So it is more of a mod problem than it is for anybody who took the trouble to write the thread. And have the audacity to debate the matter at a forum meant for debate.

I saw this question asked in another thread. Though I didn't bother reading it because it said that it was closed down to further replies. I guess that's what it means to be intelligent around here. It isn't allowed to be discussed. I am mortified by that.

All you have to do is take one of those IQ tests is all.

Then you are labeled smart or stupid.

Got it?

Rote Rots

Intellect means "choosing between" (inter-(se)lect). But that implies picking one of the self-appointed authorities' false choices. Originality, creativity, and independent understanding are banned from the copycat Web.

We don't never clean up...And the threads still get shut down..

Probably because the average IQ around here is 100 which is not intelligent except they think they are.

Forum List

Back