What Does God Do, Does God Have Any Hobbies?

fmdog44

Jan 30, 2015
Serious question- We live doing something every second until we die, but what does God do? Has anything ever been written about this?

Took God six days to make this one planetary system. Given the universe is expanding all the time, even now, and stars, planets, etc. presumedly are continuously popping into being, presumedly God's very busy and doesn't have time for hobbies or other leisure activities. :)

Some very simplified math:

6 days to make 1 solar system, and it exhausts God so much he needs 1 day off = 7 days per.

100 billion stars/solar systems in each galaxy,

100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, excluding planets not in orbit around stars which are thought to outnumber those around stars =

or

10 sextillion solar systems. A very conservative estimate.

At 7 days per, 70 sextillion days which is

191 quintillion years.

Unfortunately for God, the universe is less than 14 billion years old.

Last edited:
Gods hobby is creating and watching reality TV.

Which begs the question, can God create a reality show so bad even he wouldn't watch it? :)
Maybe thats what happened to on channel Earth?

Or, he's just too busy making those other stars and planets. Why he created angels and delegated much of the mundane oversight tasks to them. :)
I always thought angels were gods posse. Now I see they actually do something.

Gods hobby is creating and watching reality TV.

Which begs the question, can God create a reality show so bad even he wouldn't watch it? :)
Maybe thats what happened to on channel Earth?

Or, he's just too busy making those other stars and planets. Why he created angels and delegated much of the mundane oversight tasks to them. :)
I always thought angels were gods posse. Now I see they actually do something.

Tanach mentions some of the duties of angels. One of my favorite tales was about how an angel is assigned to protect and govern every animal species. One angel for all the birds, fish, snakes, crabs, spiders, etc. Story goes on about how the young son of a rabbi was mourning his father's death, when his mother died previously as well quoting to God in his grief the thing about how you're to scare off a momma-bird if you wanna pillage her nest for the eggs, but not take the eggs in her presence since that'd disturb her even more. Likening this to taking his mother, and then his father leaving him alone goes against Torah law. Agreeing God relents and restores his father to life. Full story can be found googling "Mother and Nest" or read it here,

Mother and Nest - Life s Passages - Parsha

Took God six days to make this one planetary system. Given the universe is expanding all the time, even now, and stars, planets, etc. presumedly are continuously popping into being, presumedly God's very busy and doesn't have time for hobbies or other leisure activities. :)

Some very simplified math:

6 days to make 1 solar system, and it exhausts God so much he needs 1 day off = 7 days per.

100 billion stars/solar systems in each galaxy,

100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, excluding planets not in orbit around stars which are thought to outnumber those around stars =

or

10 sextillion solar systems. A very conservative estimate.

At 7 days per, 70 sextillion days which is

191 quintillion years.

Unfortunately for God, the universe is less than 14 billion years old.

Where does God get off taking a day off? Who's watching the shop, the big red dude with a pitchfork? Also, if God made the Earth and heavens why did it take so long, six days is a life time for some insects? Something smells "fishy" or should I say "manly" to me.

Where does God get off taking a day off? Who's watching the shop, the big red dude with a pitchfork? Also, if God made the Earth and heavens why did it take so long, six days is a life time for some insects? Something smells "fishy" or should I say "manly" to me.

Maybe the day off is when he does his hobbies? :)

Took time off in that he made clothes from deer skin for Adam and Eve after booting em out of the Garden. Maybe tailoring's one of his side interests? :)

Took time off in that he made clothes from deer skin for Adam and Eve after booting em out of the Garden. Maybe tailoring's one of his side interests? :)
When your hobby is your work...is it really work?

Serious question- We live doing something every second until we die, but what does God do? Has anything ever been written about this?
I have a Presbyterian Minister friend of mine, and his daughter asked him what God eats.

I don't remember the answer.

I do subscribe to the notion that God may not have ever read the Bible before, and in the interest of specificity...may not know how to read.

wrong------because of the complicated hunting laws---He knits
now-----using wool-----sheared from heavenly sheep-----as to the
complexity of the cosmic bodies------HE MULTITASKS. The concept of the "gods" with several sets of arms----is actually
representation of the MULTITASK function-------of the jewish GOD. It is all allegorical of the same entity----and always
involves --------bread.

What do you live to do?

God's work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of His children

What do you live to do?

God's work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of His children

HE should not have invented atherosclerosis of the cardiac arteries

He gave us the resurrection from the dead. What more can we ask for?

What do you live to do?

HE should not have invented atherosclerosis of the cardiac arteries

He gave us the resurrection from the dead. What more can we ask for?

nice weather

New Topics

Forum List

Back