What do you think of today's video games?

I think they’re expensive as shit! Not to mention, you seldom get the whole game straight away. I can’t count how many games I’ve bought my son, only to have him begging me for “the expansion” two months later. So now they overcharge up front. Then nickel and dime you till the game dries up and the new cool thing comes out. It’s quite a racket...

Are you in awe?

or shocked and horrified?

A bit disturbed myself. I play with some of my nephews from time to time over the internet (I drive them crazy by not fighting—just hiding). What bugs me most often is that the game freezes. I can take bad games, poor graphics, text so small that my 60” TV barely registers it but at no point should the damn thing freeze up. And sometimes we’re playing right off of the disc!!!

I miss my Atari.

There are Video games! How do they work? Do I get to kill people after I play for 4 days straight. What do you mean killing people is illegal. I'm moving to Virginia. (Virginia is for Lovers). Just not the babies Virginias LOVERS make. :dance:

I think they’re expensive as shit! Not to mention, you seldom get the whole game straight away. I can’t count how many games I’ve bought my son, only to have him begging me for “the expansion” two months later. So now they overcharge up front. Then nickel and dime you till the game dries up and the new cool thing comes out. It’s quite a racket...
Stop buying in. Maybe you should take the boy fishing.

I love 'em . MoneyShaker on Xbox Live if yall wanna play sometime.

I mostly play sports games, but I'll play some RPGs from time to time, or maybe the occasional shooter.

I remember my excitement when I got a Radio Shack Pong game hooked up to my 12" black and white TV...

That's a long way from the games I play on my PS4...

Stop buying in. Maybe you should take the boy fishing.

You don't get to choose what the kids are into. . . .

The video games nowadays have impressive graphics, intense game play, is addicting for some, and most tend to be overpriced.

Burnt out on them decades ago, with Doom, Duke Nukem, Outlaws, other FPS's. I still play Civilization on my PC, or Locomotion, or Patrician, that's about it. Most of the games are just rehashes of the old ones, the better graphics aren't worth the extra expense and gadgetry. If someone were to do a remake of the old Red Baron game I might perk up and get interested. Panzer and Thief were good, too. Not much improvement in game quality or variety since then.

I remember my excitement when I got a Radio Shack Pong game hooked up to my 12" black and white TV...

That's a long way from the games I play on my PS4...
I dont meet many people who, like myself, had a Pong in the 70s and still plays games today. Im an XBOX ONE owner currently, but ive owned most of the big gaming consoles since Pong (Atari, Intelevision, Colleco, Saga Genesis, nintendo, super nintendo, xbox, xbox 360, playstation 1 and 2, and an ass load of PC gaming computers)

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back