What do you think of the new back to school essentials video? Too dark?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

I saw this back to school essentials video and I thought it was great. Really helps families to know what they need to buy for their kids to go back to school. What do you think?

You know, while the commercial is quite dark, it does bring up something that parents (unfortunately) need to think about now.

• Banned
Something that people need to think about if they are going to buy their kids bullet proof backpacks.......................while they will stop a 9mm bullet from a handgun, a bullet from an AR-15 goes right through them. Saw a demonstration on Inside Edition the other day.

And, while they are effective against handguns, they are useless against AR-15's, the preferred weapon of school shooters.

What a stupid commercial.

Why would a parent so outfit their kid to attend a dangerous, undefended public school that is likely educationally worthless to boot?

There are other options of which they should avail themselves.

Why would a parent so outfit their kid to attend a dangerous, undefended public school that is likely educationally worthless to boot?

What if there are no private schools in their area, or what if they can't afford it?

What if there are no private schools in their area, or what if they can't afford it?

Don't have kids if you can not afford to send them to a proper and safe school...

Simple as that but of course the left will say that is wrong way to think and the answer should be repealing the Second Amendment like the Op'er would like...

Combine households and homeschool.

I wonder how many people on the USMB went through active shooter drill‘s when they were in grade school and junior high? I never had to go through it.
Me neither. The only drills that my schools ever did were for fires and tornadoes.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I wonder how many people on the USMB went through active shooter drill‘s when they were in grade school and junior high? I never had to go through it.
Me neither. The only drills that my schools ever did were for fires and tornadoes.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

We had to drill multiplication tables forward and backwards until we turned blue.

Parkland was defended with an armed guard. How did that work out?

Parkland was defended with an armed guard. How did that work out?

You need one guard for each outside door.
Already teachers are using their salaries to buy supplies for their students. You know Republicans don’t wanna spend money on education or guards or anything. Because they have needy billionaires we need to shovel money too.

I saw this back to school essentials video and I thought it was great. Really helps families to know what they need to buy for their kids to go back to school. What do you think?

Many on the right will incorrectly perceive it as ‘political’ – and propagate the lie that the PSA is part of a nefarious conspiracy to ‘confiscate’ guns.

More likely that kid will be injured by a careless driver ignoring school bus signals or even be injured by their own hurried soccer mom who weaves through traffic yapping on her phone while running kids around.

Active shooter drills are scaring kids and may not protect them. Some schools are taking a new approach.

I wonder how many people on the USMB went through active shooter drill‘s when they were in grade school and junior high? I never had to go through it. Such a thing never occurred to me in my entire life until these days.

I’ve heard they’re even doing these drills in some daycares with children as young as three.
We’ve long known you hear a lot of strange things, deany.

Forum List

Back