What do you think of Herman Cain?

AnnieInMexico

US citizen living in MX
Aug 31, 2011
Mexico
I LOVE his stance on illegal immigration but I am unsure of what else he believes in. Quite frankly, I'd vote for him based on illegals alone.

Cain is simply to politically inferior to be president. He knows very little about how the country runs, history or even the constitution itself. He has already proven during the debates that he is "learning as he goes" and we REALLY don't need a President like that.

Yes I like his stance on illegal immigration to a degree, I believe he wants a wall yes? can’t remember but that would be stupid. But Cain hates Muslims like "whoa" and even claimed he would discriminate against them, that's far from presidential.

Oh he is also a "preacher" style speaker... ewe.

Not possibly running for President. He IS running for President and has made that official.

I like Herman Cain a great deal. He is a true conservative and has his head on perfectly straight re fiscal integrity, human rights, and respect for borders, language, culture, and the rule of law. He doesn't get bogged down in the mishmash of controversial social issues, but I do know he knows we have to secure our borders and enforce sensible immigration laws or this country will become more and more like the miserable places the illegals left.

He isn't gaining much traction though. Not too many people are really taking him seriously at the moment and, if he starts gaining any traction, the wolves will start ripping him apart for being an 'uppity minority' who dared stray off the liberal reservation.

I like a lot of his positions on issues but I don't like to listen to his speeches because they all sound like an old Martin Luther King rally. I will be very surprised if he gets the GOP nomination.

Cain is simply to politically inferior to be president. He knows very little about how the country runs, history or even the constitution itself. He has already proven during the debates that he is "learning as he goes" and we REALLY don't need a President like that.

Yes I like his stance on illegal immigration to a degree, I believe he wants a wall yes? can’t remember but that would be stupid. But Cain hates Muslims like "whoa" and even claimed he would discriminate against them, that's far from presidential.

During tough economic times, a President with a background in running a significant business might just make a better job than a career 'community organizer' or politician. I, personally, believe that a business background adds value to a candidate.

Remember how Obama promised us that his Administration would be 'different'? That there would be 'no lobbyists', that he'd put an end to corruption? What happened to those? I'm sick of 'business as usual' politics in this country. Fuck 'em all.

Just another clown who can't win who's wasting other people's money playing Fantasy Candidate,

for his own amusement, or ego, or whatever.

During tough economic times, a President with a background in running a significant business might just make a better job than a career 'community organizer' or politician. I, personally, believe that a business background adds value to a candidate.

Remember how Obama promised us that his Administration would be 'different'? That there would be 'no lobbyists', that he'd put an end to corruption? What happened to those? I'm sick of 'business as usual' politics in this country. Fuck 'em all.

In 2008, we elected the least experienced, least knowledgeable person we have EVER put into the White House, but the same people slamming, belittling, and insulting folks like Cain, Palin, et al didn't seem to have a problem with that.

The fact is, some will bring a more complete skill set than others, but the skill set does not necessary translate to a good president. McCain, for instance, probably brought the best skill set of any candidate that has run for the high office in some time, but not very many thought HE was the best man for the job. I sure didn't.

Whomever we elect is going to be less knowledgeable in some areas than others and will depend on good staff to bring him or her up to speed as needed. No President is going to be better than the people he or she surrounds himself/herself with.

Unfortunately, our current leader chose to surround himself with some very questionable characters and it has shown in his dismal foreign and economic record so far.

I would trust Herman Cain to get good advice and to do his damndest to do no harm.

Last edited:

In 2008, we elected the least experienced, least knowledgeable person we have EVER put into the White House, but the same people slamming, belittling, and insulting folks like Cain, Palin, et al didn't seem to have a problem with that.

The fact is, some will bring a more complete skill set than others, but the skill set does not necessary translate to a good president. McCain, for instance, probably brought the best skill set of any candidate that has run for the high office in some time, but not very many thought HE was the best man for the job. I sure didn't.

Whomever we elect is going to be less knowledgeable in some areas than others and will depend on good staff to bring him or her up to speed as needed. No President is going to be better than the people he or she surrounds himself/herself with.

Unfortunately, our current leader chose to surround himself with some very questionable characters and it has shown in his dismal foreign and economic record so far.

I would trust Herman Cain to get good advice and to do his damndest to do no harm.

From the research I have done so far (not a huge amount yet) I would agree with you.

Maybe we do want people in there with less political experience. The more political experience someone has the more corrupt they are. McCain is a shining example of that. Totally capable of doing the job but so corrupt you know everything coming out of his mouth was sheer nonsense. He would do whatever he was told to by illegals and big business.

Sorry but HC is a shallow mini version of Ron Paul. I'll take someone that has worked hard and long in the real word that also has experience in Government being the POTUS is a Government job not a CEO. We need someone that can mix the 2 concepts of Government and business to make them work, not someone that does not even know how to put legislation together and get it passed.

I’m for the most part not attacking HC himself, I’m attacking the fact that he would probably be a lot like Obama in that getting things done is a lot harder than saying “You fucking suck and the American people want better that’s why I’m here blah blah blah.”

HC would spend more time sitting around attacking Democrats and Republicans for not working on his ideas than getting anything meaningfull done. End of story.

Elvis - before you deleted your question, he is possibly running for president.

Herman Cain for President

I like the fact that he is not a career politician. The brain washed say that disqualifies him from being taken seriously. I feel like he should have been the first black president.

He's a one trick pony.

And no way he would ever win a general election..let alone becoming the Republican nominee.

Elvis - before you deleted your question, he is possibly running for president.

Herman Cain for President

I like the fact that he is not a career politician. The brain washed say that disqualifies him from being taken seriously. I feel like he should have been the first black president.

He's a one trick pony.

And no way he would ever win a general election..let alone becoming the Republican nominee.

Obama did it... Just sayin...

Forum List

Back