CDZ What do you think is the biggest problem in society today?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
What are your thoughts?
What do you think are the biggest problems affecting our society today, whether they be social, political, economic or otherwise? Why?
Personally I vote for
Impatience. People expect instant gratification.

P.S. I could elaborate but I'm too lazy to type it all out.

the BIGGEST problem in our society today is our election process of the choices we are given to choose from the fact they always give us lousy choices to choose for our elected officials.the choices always come down to voting for evil or the lesser evil.

what people need to do is stop voting because they got the mindset of-well I am going to vote for him because he is the lesser evil of the two.

Problem is by doing that,you are contributing to the problem because you are still voting for evil.so you are part of the problem if you voted for either Obama or Romney in the fact that both parties are corrupt and there is no difference between the two. which is why many people refer to them as the demopublicans and reprocrats and that is because it is a ONE PARTY SYSTEM designed to look like two parties so the sheople think they have a choice in who gets elected.

Anonymity. People are able to escape personal responsibility for their actions.

Education. Americans are remarkably ignorant of the world around them, and of how economics work in society.

Biggest problem in our society today is Congress. They are bought and paid for by big money. It's a great country right now for those who can afford to have lobbyists on K Street in D.C.

Biggest problem in our society today is Congress. They are bought and paid for by big money. It's a great country right now for those who can afford to have lobbyists on K Street in D.C.

LOL, did you feel the same way about the 2009-2010 Congress?

Assuming you are talking about American society, I'd say the biggest problem is the fatal polarization of the nation into two face-off groups.

We are not unified and can't imagine being unified; that weakens us a lot. We can't fight wars or solve major problems without a general unity of values. But since sometime in the last century, that's gone. I see a split into two nations rather than a recovery of unity, as things are now.

Half the population see themselves as victims. One would think that they would like to separate themselves from their oppressors but, for some reason, they are opposed to this. I wonder why?

Easy,
It is usury

Usury is slavery, in it's own modern context... except that it isn't all that modern of a concept.

Last edited:
Anonymity. People are able to escape personal responsibility for their actions.
I was going to say, lack of personal responsibility coupled with government subsidizing of irresponsibility.
My vote is very close to what you've written, that being a sense of entitlement. I see it in my own kids and I'm to blame for contributing to that as an indulgent parent. On the macro scale you have the message of big government reinforcing entitlement constantly.

Humans are naturally aggressive like men are naturally horny.
Huff compost is 1960's neocon BS.
I take exception to your particularly snide and combative remark in the CDZ.
My comment was neither snide nor combative. It was analytical and to the point and goes to the veracity of the source. It's still a debate zone after all.
Humans are naturally aggressive no matter what an outdated, 1960's counterculture propaganda outlet thinks.

Disintegration of structured families. From there everything else snowballs.

Agreed, that is certainly a problem. What is the root of that problem?
Could it be traced to material greed? you know, two working parents should equal more money, cars, vacations, etc. right?
At least that is one of the marketing schemes of such an agenda.

bait and switch...

Another portion of the scheme is "It takes a village", coupled with "You don't need a man"... now we have fatherless children raised by village idiots. Thanks commies!

But wait a minute... "capitalists" benefit from family disintegration too!
The more the labor pool is flooded, the cheaper the pool. So that promise of a "two parent income" is actually rendered useless. 'Cause with two parents the income potential is actually still the same, it is just split between the two parents! It's not like more money was created by the split, only more workers! Then one parent is removed while paying court costs. And the kids? well the village idiots can raise them! happy times for all!

See where all that promised income went?

So is it just commies? nope. Communism is just a red herring.
Communism vs. Capitalism is a controlled debate, they work together. There is a third way, a fourth way, a fifth, and even more.

So while it is agreed that family disintegration is certainly an immediate problem, why did it happen? What were the true driving forces?

Take a look at the history of usury. Which also ties into the whole "lack of responsibility" issue (another major problem, granted).

-note
'anonymity as irresponsibility, quite a clever tactic to shut up those ideas which you care not to discuss... impressive.

Last edited:
Humans are naturally aggressive like men are naturally horny.
Huff compost is 1960's neocon BS.
I take exception to your particularly snide and combative remark in the CDZ.
My comment was neither snide nor combative. It was analytical and to the point and goes to the veracity of the source. It's still a debate zone after all.
Humans are naturally aggressive no matter what an outdated, 1960's counterculture propaganda outlet thinks.
I heartedly disagree. I believe you to be a cantankerous and exceptionally contrarian presence in this thread. Did you read my secondly-referenced post? It's from the "livescience" website.

And I'll ask you again, are you not a member of the Party that "believes in science". :dunno:

Forum List

Back