What Do You Think God Should Have Done With These People?

The Bible should be cancelled.
LOL. Not even if the earth and heaven disappear, Christ's words will never disappear...
Those words were written by other men. Jesus didn’t have a secretary.

He had several. One being Nicodemus, the most accomplished and revered men of his time. Read what he had to write. Nevertheless:
Your word, O LORD, is everlasting; it is firmly fixed in the heavens.

Who were these other men you think wrote the book? How is it that we have not uncovered the true identity of these masters of deceit, that wrote the book that has sold more than none other over the centuries? How did those guys know that the Jews would revert to their original language after becoming a nation in one day? No other displaced nation has ever done so... Who are these luminaries you speak of?
Bof, if you want to believe fairy tales are true, go ahead and live in a fantasy world where an invisible dude will punish me if I don’t follow a book.
My guess is that you don't believe American history books either.
The Bible isn't a history book. Ex: No worldwide flood has ever been found.
Actually it is. And other things as well.
The Creation story is wrong as well.
You've never studied it. You haven't given any thought to the origin questions.
There was no light until around 400 million years after the theoretical Big Bang. And the stuff about on each day... it never happened like that. Not my story, don't blame me.
It's an allegorical account, dummy. Not a science textbook.
Not what most bible believers think. Making you a heretic. :biggrin:
I don't give much thought to others labeling me, Taz. I've done my due diligence.

I also don't shy away from discussions on the meaning of ancient man's accounts. I hold my own just fine.
Ya, anything that makes no sense is allegorical. A total cop-out, lol.
No. Just the ones that were obviously written in an allegorical manner like modern day fables, dummy.
The ones you cherry picked, ball licker.
No cherry picking, Taz. It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain. You yourself reject them because literally they don't make sense. So therefore, you yourself agree that they must be allegorical because they can't be literal.
That's not what it was when it was written, they thought all the things in it were true. You bastardized the bible because you know some of it can't be true. So you cherry pick out the part you feel like.
No. I understood that it made no sense if it was meant to read literally just as you did. The only difference is I didn't stop there. You did.

Your own behaviors tell you it could not have been written to be read literally so it must have been written to be read allegorically like a fable. Which makes perfect sense as these were stories that were told orally for thousands of years.
It WAS written to read literally. It's only science that made people move the goalposts.
Nope. Here is what ancient man captured in Genesis.

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation
That's what YOU captured from Genesis. And you left out the part where god drowns nearly everyone, and that impossible story about a boat with 2 of all the animals we see today on it.
No. That's what anyone who was interested in finding out what that account was all about would conclude because you know for a fact reading those account literally doesn't make sense. Which is why you want everyone to read those accounts literally. You aren't interested in the truth. You are only interested in subordinating religion.
The truth is the bible makes no sense.
It doesn't make sense the way you are reading it.

But reading it this way makes sense.

1. God created existence
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong

What about this doesn't make any sense?

LOL. Not even if the earth and heaven disappear, Christ's words will never disappear...
Given your intellectual prowess on religion, I'm actually surprised you didn't think he did.
You’re just jealous because you feel compelled to worship an invisible magician like the intellectual midget that you are.
Compelled? No. Blessed. My cup runneth over with an abundance of riches.
You may be successful (isn't everyone on the internet?), but you still believe in an invisible magician who poofed everything into being from nothing and will punish me if I don't follow a book.
Success is measured in different ways. While I have been financially successful that wasn't really what I was talking about. But it's not that hard to tell the contenders from the pretenders.

Again.... your premises are false so your conclusions are false. You have never attempted to give this any serious thought so your posts show you have never given this any real thought. But that is your mistake to make and your consequences to suffer. Faith is not about dying. Faith is about living. You think you are alive but your behaviors only reveal misery, suffering and failure which is why you lash out.
So believing in an invisible magician who poofed everything into being from nothing and will punish me if I don't follow a book, will fix this?
Again... I wouldn't believe in God either based upon your perception of God. You have never put any effort into it and it shows.
What's wrong in what I said because in a nutshell, that's it.
Everything. You didn't one thing correct because you aren't trying to, Taz. It's obvious.
It's how it reads. I see what I see. I can't make shit up like you do.

And yet you said God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden for having hetero sex. Which by the way, He created their "parts" for just that thing, coded it into their DNA and told them to use them and multiply.
You have a comprehension problem... :uhoh3:
God kicked out Adam and Eve out of Eden for having (hetero) sex. It’s right there in the bible. Own it.

No, He did not. That is nowhere in the Bible.
You have a comprehension problem...
Ok, for disobeying god (for eating the hetero apple and doing it), same thing.
The original sin is not disobeying God, dummy, it not taking accountability.
I'm sure that Adam would have boasted to anyone alive that he just plugged Eve. What are you talking about?
I am talking about the point of the story. The point of the story that you continue to read literally is not that man disobeyed God, it is that mad failed to take accountability when he disobeyed God. Failing to take accountability is the root cause of all of man's problems.
You must get a sore back moving the goalposts so much and so often. Maybe you should start your own Christian sect.
That's pretty funny coming from someone who intentionally reads the Bible a certain way to not make any sense.

I haven't moved the goal posts. I've always said he exact same thing. You are the one being dishonest by reading the Bible in a way you know doesn't make any sense.

1. God created existence

You wrote it, therefore it's your opinion, not empirical fact. That's all.

Given your intellectual prowess on religion, I'm actually surprised you didn't think he did.
You’re just jealous because you feel compelled to worship an invisible magician like the intellectual midget that you are.
You may be successful (isn't everyone on the internet?), but you still believe in an invisible magician who poofed everything into being from nothing and will punish me if I don't follow a book.
Success is measured in different ways. While I have been financially successful that wasn't really what I was talking about. But it's not that hard to tell the contenders from the pretenders.

Again.... your premises are false so your conclusions are false. You have never attempted to give this any serious thought so your posts show you have never given this any real thought. But that is your mistake to make and your consequences to suffer. Faith is not about dying. Faith is about living. You think you are alive but your behaviors only reveal misery, suffering and failure which is why you lash out.
So believing in an invisible magician who poofed everything into being from nothing and will punish me if I don't follow a book, will fix this?
Again... I wouldn't believe in God either based upon your perception of God. You have never put any effort into it and it shows.
Everything. You didn't one thing correct because you aren't trying to, Taz. It's obvious.

And yet you said God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden for having hetero sex. Which by the way, He created their "parts" for just that thing, coded it into their DNA and told them to use them and multiply.
God kicked out Adam and Eve out of Eden for having (hetero) sex. It’s right there in the bible. Own it.

I'm sure that Adam would have boasted to anyone alive that he just plugged Eve. What are you talking about?
I am talking about the point of the story. The point of the story that you continue to read literally is not that man disobeyed God, it is that mad failed to take accountability when he disobeyed God. Failing to take accountability is the root cause of all of man's problems.
You must get a sore back moving the goalposts so much and so often. Maybe you should start your own Christian sect.
That's pretty funny coming from someone who intentionally reads the Bible a certain way to not make any sense.

I haven't moved the goal posts. I've always said he exact same thing. You are the one being dishonest by reading the Bible in a way you know doesn't make any sense.
No, I'm reading a book that itself doesn't make sense. If it can't convey a proper message then that's not my fault. Having to have every line taught the meaning of to me is ludicrous. I might as well be a Mormon. Is that what your are? Got your dirty magic underwear on? :biggrin:

1. God created existence

Ummmm, yes. I wrote it from reading Genesis allegorically. It's an interpretation. It was never represented as anything else.

My question - which you don't seem to be able to answer - is what about this interpretation doesn't make sense?

No, I'm reading a book that itself doesn't make sense. If it can't convey a proper message then that's not my fault. Having to have every line taught the meaning of to me is ludicrous. I might as well be a Mormon. Is that what your are? Got your dirty magic underwear on? :biggrin:
It's your responsibility to not intentionally read it in a way that you know won't make sense.

1. God created existence

Ummmm, yes. I wrote it from reading Genesis allegorically. It's an interpretation. It was never represented as anything else.

My question - which you don't seem to be able to answer - is what about this interpretation doesn't make sense?
1. It's only an opinion that god created existence. It's more of a philosophical debate because it'll always be impossible to know.
2. no, suffering, retardation, deformity, stupidity... Part of "His" universe.

3. Science has already shown that, first the gas, then gravity clumps it together... So no big revelation there.
4. Man is a product of the universe dust... Science has postulated that for a long time.
5,6,7 & 8 are simply bible bs. Are deformed people made in god's image?
The rest is your usual mumbo jumbo that's all opinions, not proven facts.

1. God created existence

1. It's only an opinion that god created existence. It's more of a philosophical debate because it'll always be impossible to know.

3. Science has already shown that, first the gas, then gravity clumps it together... So no big revelation there.
4. Man is a product of the universe dust... Science has postulated that for a long time.
I'm not asking you if they are correct, dummy. The question is do those conclusions represent what is written in Genesis.

It's your responsibility to not intentionally read it in a way that you know won't make sense.
I'm reading it the way it was written. That's what they believed back then. Suck it up, brah. Even you must agree that that's what they thought happened back then. Do you really think that the simpleton's back then knew they were wrong on so many things and didn't do anything about it?

I'm reading it the way it was written. That's what they believed back then. Suck it up, brah. Even you must agree that that's what they thought happened back then. Do you really think that the simpleton's back then knew they were wrong on so many things and didn't do anything about it?
Which you know is wrong.

And can't find any flaws in my interpretation of reading Genesis allegorically.

1. God created existence

I'm not asking you if they are correct, dummy. The question is do those conclusions represent what is written in Genesis.
Ok, those simplistic parables from 1 to 8 are pretty much found in the bible, sure. Your other mumbo jumbo sort of as well, the same kind of inanities.

1. God created existence

Ok, those simplistic parables from 1 to 8 are pretty much found in the bible, sure. Your other mumbo jumbo sort of as well, the same kind of inanities.
This is progress. Actually those other ones are in there as well. Pick one and I'll show you.

Which you know is wrong.

Except that it's not allegorical. Other than that, you're right. :biggrin:

1. God created existence

This is progress. Actually those other ones are in there as well. Pick one and I'll show you.
Ok, sure. But what are you getting at here? :dunno:

Which you know is wrong.

Except that it's not allegorical. Other than that, you're right. :biggrin:
Of course it is. You just admitted that 1-8 can be found in Genesis by reading it allegorically and you know reading it literally makes no sense so allegorical is all that is left.

Forum List

Back