What do You Think About This Idea?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
The colored pumpkins seem like an interesting idea except for the teal. Halloween is about candy and people shouldn't be expected to buy other items at the store just because somebody's child might have an allergy. Parents always have the choice of keeping them home, or sorting out the candy that they're allergic to.

The colored pumpkins seem like an interesting idea except for the teal. Halloween is about candy and people shouldn't be expected to buy other items at the store just because somebody's child might have an allergy. Parents always have the choice of keeping them home, or sorting out the candy that they're allergic to.

When my kids were little and went Trick or Treating, they were not allowed to eat any candy until they got home and we looked it over.

That was also when I taught them about taxation. :cool:

I also think it's one thing to spread awareness, and another one altogether when it comes to expecting other people to appease you and your needs/ your child's needs.

When my kids were little and went Trick or Treating, they were not allowed to eat any candy until they got home and we looked it over.

That was also when I taught them about taxation. :cool:
When my son was little hospitals would xray candies free because people would put razor blades or needles into treats.

When I was little, we got apples and homemade brownies, cookies, homemade fudge as well as store candies. That was New Jersey. Across the bridge in Manhattan no one went door to door, people on the street, or businesses would give out pennies.

What's the plan?

Put a pumpkin of your choice on your porch, and expect the trick or treaters to drop some coins in it if they agree with your choice of charity/cause?

What's the plan?

Put a pumpkin of your choice on your porch, and expect the trick or treaters to drop some coins in it if they agree with your choice of charity/cause?

Does that make one a hater if one doesn't know the color code scheme and refuses to participate? Considering the Thought Crime Silence Is Violence bogosity which infects our society, this will turn into yet another way to shame people

I also think it's one thing to spread awareness, and another one altogether when it comes to expecting other people to appease you and your needs/ your child's needs.
We have quite a few trickortreaters in our neighborhood. The parents go with them, except for the few teenagers we get. Seems like a good idea to me.

Does that make one a hater if one doesn't know the color code scheme and refuses participate? Considering the Thought Crime Silence Is Violence bogosity which infects our society, this will turn into yet another way to shame people

Yeah, pick up your color coded cheat sheet, so you know what the colors stand for.

Dont' want to be donating to the wrong cause, after all.

(I still get confused by the colored ribbons)

Last edited:
Yeah, pick up your color coded cheat sheet, so you know what the colors stand for.

Dont' want t0o be donating to the wrong cause, after all.

(I still get confused by the colored ribbons)

I'm going to use natural orange pumpkins and declare that "Orange" means "Leave Me The Fuck Alone I'm Not Interested In Your Progressive Bogosity".

Lefties. Not happy unless they're ruining everything.

Lol although that's generally true, we don't know that they're leftists,.. I'm just not really sure where they're trying to go with this is all.

What's the plan?

Again, I'm not really sure what they're trying to accomplish or whether they're expecting donations or not. Because if that's the case then yeah,.. they're really trying to ruin Halloween and make it a church holiday or something.

We have quite a few trickortreaters in our neighborhood. The parents go with them, except for the few teenagers we get. Seems like a good idea to me.

The different colored pumpkins or parents going with them? Btw, I think when you become a teenager you're sort of old to be trick-or-treating, because at that point it's called begging and being too lazy to get your own fucking candy.

I have a problem with the color coding of pumpkins.

I am slightly colorblind. Red & Green are messed up for me, and there is no purple in my world.

So, since I have a color handicap, am I exempt from the colored pumpkin requirements?

Lol although that's generally true, we don't know that they're leftists,.. I'm just not really sure where they're trying to go with this is all.

Again, I'm not really sure what they're trying to accomplish or whether they're expecting donations or not. Because if that's the case then yeah,.. they're really trying to ruin Halloween and make it a church holiday or something.

The different colored pumpkins or parents going with them? Btw, I think when you become a teenager you're sort of old to be trick-or-treating, because at that point it's called begging and being too lazy to get your own fucking candy.

It started with the Blue pumpkins the kids carried if they are autistic. Many of them are nonverbal, so making them say "Trick or Treat" was an actual issue.

As for the teenagers going out, I have no problem with it as long as they dress up. It is the last bit of childhood magic they get to enjoy.

I have a problem with the color coding of pumpkins.

I am slightly colorblind. Red & Green are messed up for me, and there is no purple in my world.

So, since I have a color handicap, am I exempt from the colored pumpkin requirements?

When it comes to Halloween you shouldn't be "required" to do anything. It's supposed to be a fun holiday for kids to go out, dress up, and get candy.

It started with the Blue pumpkins the kids carried if they are autistic. Many of them are nonverbal, so making them say "Trick or Treat" was an actual issue.

As for the teenagers going out, I have no problem with it as long as they dress up. It is the last bit of childhood magic they get to enjoy.

Yeah, well teenagers can always still dress up and go to parties and or hand out candy, as for the first thing you said,.. why don't the parents just explain it then?

When my son was little hospitals would xray candies free because people would put razor blades or needles into treats.

When I was little, we got apples and homemade brownies, cookies, homemade fudge as well as store candies. That was New Jersey. Across the bridge in Manhattan no one went door to door, people on the street, or businesses would give out pennies.
We liven in Houston then this happened but I remember the candy man, who poisoned pixie sticks with cyanide and killed his kid.

When it comes to Halloween you shouldn't be "required" to do anything. It's supposed to be a fun holiday for kids to go out, dress up, and get candy.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who require the kids to say "Trick or Treat". I remember it happening even when my kids were little. Of course my little monsters were yelling it before the door opened all the way.

Forum List

Back