What do you think about the way gender and sexual minorities are represented in the media?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
What do you think about the way gender and sexual minorities are represented in the media? How do you think it affects the opinion s non-LGBT people hold about people on the LGBT spectrum?
IMHO, There's not a lot of representation, and most of what is out there is either stereotyped or done subtly without any mention so it's as good as no representation.
I think lack of representation contributes to a lack of education, both among non-LGBT people and people who don't realise they are LGBT because they have never seen or heard of someone like them before.
It still upsets me that the wiki page for "fictional asexuals" is limited to three people - one of which is a talking sponge and another is a sociopathic serial killer.

oh they are so special. that it needs to be announced what sexual preference they prefer in big bold headlines

frikken twisted

LGBT is just a made up cause. Lesbians or gays or transsexuals , such a small minority. I am Gluten free anti peanut anti lactose, I am so anti whatever it will make your head spin. Pro GAY, not gonna happen.

Last edited:
I've found it to be fairly realistic. Some folks are just never going to accept it as normal no matter what. That's got nothing to do with media portrayals. Just the way it is.

But, they ask YOU stay our of their lives and bedrooms. how about that for a joke while it's shoved in our faces

But, they ask YOU stay our of their lives and bedrooms. how about that for a joke while it's shoved in our faces
I always have to laugh when I hear someone whine about getting gay relationships getting "shoved in their face." When straight hold hands or kiss in public. .. or are depicted in the media, are THEY shoving anything in anyone's face? What a silly, small-minded expression of hate.

What do you think about the way gender and sexual minorities are represented in the media? How do you think it affects the opinion s non-LGBT people hold about people on the LGBT spectrum?
IMHO, There's not a lot of representation, and most of what is out there is either stereotyped or done subtly without any mention so it's as good as no representation.
I think lack of representation contributes to a lack of education, both among non-LGBT people and people who don't realise they are LGBT because they have never seen or heard of someone like them before.
It still upsets me that the wiki page for "fictional asexuals" is limited to three people - one of which is a talking sponge and another is a sociopathic serial killer.

There is a Mexican chicken restaurant chain here in Southern California that runs allot of commercials on TV.

EVERYONE of them makes fun of or insults Caucasians.

(I would use the "W" word here but I have learned not to ever use it unless it is used in a derogatory manner towards Caucasians, another thread.)

This chicken restaurant is named "El Pollo Loco" and people I have talked to admit that they too notice the Caucasian bashing and think it is cute. I mean, it is EVERY time.

The latest features three El Pollo cooks who have come up with new ways to serve shrimp. The Caucasian presents a Piñata filled with shrimp. They announce that they are going to miss "BOB".

Yes, there are lots of obvious examples of what you are talking about on TV, too many to try to start listing them.

The TV show COPS was accused of filming too many crimes involving minorities. The show says they go where the crime is.

Only Caucasians are seen as burglars in alarm company commercials. A red-head named Kerry is on TV presently committing indentity theft.

When entertainment producers are told who they can and can't show in a bad light, you tell me how they should react. How would you react ? Is this not discrimination ?

I think I can say that gays are well to overly represented in the media. I really do not understand what gay or LGBT have to complain about. I am not any of the above so maybe I can NEVER understand.

Many of you will pigeon-hole the bearer of this obvious reality as being a whiney racist. Other peoples, cultures and races can express a gripe, concern, or issue. The Caucasian can only whine.

Last edited:
I think in most cases it sends a positive message about being LGBT to people in that community. It serves as a great counter to the hate coming from the other side. Too many gay people are driven into depression and even to suicide by the ruthless bastards on the right. Thank goodness the media holds itself to a generally higher standard.

Who the fuck wants to know what you SEXUALITY is, exception people that WANT that recognition, attention, and THRIVE on the shock value of taking apart American traditional culture and religious beliefs!

Wtf is a gender minority?

the new class of victims. don't ya know
they done wore out using black people

Last edited:

a the new class of victims. don't ya know
No scum like yourself have been attacking forever. It's not "new."

People, stop and think for a minute. Look at Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, the Obuma playbook.....

158430d11cac673d911d3002aa57b23e.jpg

This LGTB topic is a standout #10 on his list of rules.....Now look at such things as abortion, Drug legalization, Illegal aliens, DemocRAT hatred of GOD and the Christian, and Jewish religion, The continuous attack on Tradition, morality, ethics, and ANYTHING that made our country great....I've been saying this for a long time, but what these fights appear to be on the surface, are ALL INTERCONNECTED with FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGING AMERICA.... the Obomanation has said it, and many times. It's skipped over as just more rhetoric BUT IT IS THE CORE of all these actions. The people involved in pushing these insipid values, haven't a clue that they are the useful idiots of people like Soros, and his ilk, that want to take over from behind the wizards curtain. Just think about it, and sooner or later you'll realize what is really happening to America.

People, stop and think for a minute. Look at Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, the Obuma playbook.....

158430d11cac673d911d3002aa57b23e.jpg

This LGTB topic is a standout #10 on his list of rules.....Now look at such things as abortion, Drug legalization, Illegal aliens, DemocRAT hatred of GOD and the Christian, and Jewish religion, The continuous attack on Tradition, morality, ethics, and ANYTHING that made our country great....I've been saying this for a long time, but what these fights appear to be on the surface, are ALL INTERCONNECTED with FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGING AMERICA.... the Obomanation has said it, and many times. It's skipped over as just more rhetoric BUT IT IS THE CORE of all these actions. The people involved in pushing these insipid values, haven't a clue that they are the useful idiots of people like Soros, and his ilk, that want to take over from behind the wizards curtain. Just think about it, and sooner or later you'll realize what is really happening to America.
Agree 100%...been watching it since the sixties hiding behind the plea for tolerance. As we came to grips with the racial issue and threw out the bath water of discrimination against blacks, the progs took advantage and threw out the baby...all those things you identified that made America great. Great post.

People wake up. when they run out of people to USE AS A victim class, they will come after YOU.

New Topics

Forum List

Back