What do you think about the GOP telling the states to ignore EPA guidelines?

R

rdean

Does the GOP want to leave a nation of filth? Is that the "plan" for the next election? What they are going to run on? Will it work?

Does the GOP want to leave a nation of filth? Is that the "plan" for the next election? What they are going to run on? Will it work?
Hey, if Obama can ignore the Constitution, then why can't the states?

I have not heard that the GOP is doing this.
Do you have the link to the report?

It's rdean... he smoke a bunch of meth and then starts posting nonsense.

Not this time he put up the link.

McConnell Is Now Telling States To Ignore Obama s Carbon Emission Rules ThinkProgress

an op-ed for the Lexington Herald Leader, McConnell said states should not form plans to meet the emissions reductions goals set out for them under the EPA’s Clean Power Plan. Under that plan, states would be required to create their own long-term strategies to reduce emissions, whether it be through cutting coal consumption, increasing renewable energy, or implementing a cap-and-trade program. If states don’t make a plan, the federal government will make one for them.

“Here’s my advice: Don’t be complicit in the administration’s attack on the middle class,” McConnell wrote. “Think twice before submitting a state plan.”

To support his advice, McConnell made familiar arguments, chief among them that the plan is “probably illegal.” If states don’t submit plans, he said, federal courts would have more time to weigh the lawsuits that are currently challenging whether the EPA has the legal authority to regulate carbon dioxide from power plants. Those lawsuits claim that greenhouse gas rules “impose impermissible double regulation” because the EPA already regulates general air pollution from power plants.

Well, it's a better idea than saying that "we should pass it so we can see what's in it". We need to stop shutting down sources of power without having a viable method for replacing them. Shutting down coal and nuclear power plants, without replacing them with something that can produce as much power, and be as reliable, is foolish. Not to mention, the people hit hardest are the middle class and poor, when the price of electricity goes up.

Well, it's a better idea than saying that "we should pass it so we can see what's in it". We need to stop shutting down sources of power without having a viable method for replacing them. Shutting down coal and nuclear power plants, without replacing them with something that can produce as much power, and be as reliable, is foolish. Not to mention, the people hit hardest are the middle class and poor, when the price of electricity goes up.
Are you saying they want to shut down nuclear power plants because of carbon emissions?

I have not heard that the GOP is doing this.
Do you have the link to the report?

It's rdean... he smoke a bunch of meth and then starts posting nonsense.

Not this time he put up the link.

McConnell Is Now Telling States To Ignore Obama s Carbon Emission Rules ThinkProgress

an op-ed for the Lexington Herald Leader, McConnell said states should not form plans to meet the emissions reductions goals set out for them under the EPA’s Clean Power Plan. Under that plan, states would be required to create their own long-term strategies to reduce emissions, whether it be through cutting coal consumption, increasing renewable energy, or implementing a cap-and-trade program. If states don’t make a plan, the federal government will make one for them.

“Here’s my advice: Don’t be complicit in the administration’s attack on the middle class,” McConnell wrote. “Think twice before submitting a state plan.”

To support his advice, McConnell made familiar arguments, chief among them that the plan is “probably illegal.” If states don’t submit plans, he said, federal courts would have more time to weigh the lawsuits that are currently challenging whether the EPA has the legal authority to regulate carbon dioxide from power plants. Those lawsuits claim that greenhouse gas rules “impose impermissible double regulation” because the EPA already regulates general air pollution from power plants.
I nearly always put up links. Many times, I post a Google search hoping I teach of few of them to learn how to look for stuff themselves. But they come back with the most ignorant sayings, like, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet". Yea, because "ScienceDaily", CBS, Physics Today, Manufacturing and so on are such stupid and partisan sites. You can only trust "Fox", obviously.

Sometimes I don't post a link at all, just so I can get the right wingers worked up into a tizzy. Their determined ignorance can occasionally be riotous.

Like the time I wrote about the threat from gaming technology being sent to China because the US Military made the worlds fastest SUPER computer from game chips. The right winger comments were hilarious and never ending for days. They made themselves look more and more stupid. Until I finally gave in and posted links like:

Google

Then they all lamely tried to back track. Didn't work.

Are you saying they want to shut down nuclear power plants because of carbon emissions?
No, not due to carbon emissions, but there are people who want them closed. Coal and nuclear plants are being shut down, without being replaced by something capable of producing electricity, in the same quantities, at the same cost. What do you propose to replace coal plants?

Mitch won. He has the country "moving in the right direction"

and that direction will be kicking his ass back to the curb in 2016.

No, not due to carbon emissions, but there are people who want them closed. Coal and nuclear plants are being shut down, without being replaced by something capable of producing electricity, in the same quantities, at the same cost. What do you propose to replace coal plants?
I wish you guys would bother to look stuff up. It's so easy. Look at what happens when you Google: power plants switching to natural gas

Google

There are so many things going on in this country that Republicans know nothing about. They simply don't want to know. They want to be scared and gloomy. They are like an entire political party of the Addams Family.

Oil companies are burning off natural gas because it's so plentiful and cheap.

Google

That gas should be going into power plants.

Instead, right wingers want to cry about Obama???? What the fuck????

Forum List

Back