What do you think about race relations in America?

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
I’m relatively new here haven’t made many posts so I want to get a feel for what members think about this. Many of the Democrats claim that there is systemic racism in America. I am a Democrat and I vehemently disagree with this viewpoint …that’s why I voted mostly Republican in the most recent midterms. I felt that the Democrats were talking way too much about race and social justice issues when our economy is in a very bad shape.

Well regardless of what we think about this it’s clear that Democrats are talking about race in a way they were not talking about it even five years ago. Some of the arguments they put forth is that black folks have been slaves for 400 years in America, that black folks should get reparations. That there is systemic racism in America.

In my view this is against liberalism it is against common courtesy. I say this because of the fact that all of us Americans regardless of our skin color are descendants of slaves and slaveowners. And if people are truly liberals if they truly believe in a global world they need to view the topic of race and social justice from a global perspective. Once they do that they will realize that America is perhaps the most liberal free country in the world and that we should use our power to influence other countries to become more liberal… we should not be wasting time, energy resources and emotions on the incorrect idea that America is systemically racist. Not when we have tens of millions of poor white and Black people living in poverty.

I believe most Americans black and white respect each other… and they disagree with the far left Democrats and with those in the media that prop up race as an issue in this country. When the real issue is class struggle the loss of millions of middle-class jobs the fact that we still do not have universal healthcare, Many millions of Americans they say as much as 60% live paycheck to paycheck.

Stop fighting about the past. learn from it. The goal could be to treat each American citizen with as much equality is possible for us limited humans, All filled with our own up bringing and life experience.

I think the democrats are making the issue a bigger deal than it really is. Certainly racism exists, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as it once was and if the democrats would stop making such a big issue out of it then it will be even less of a problem in the future. But, identity politics is their thing, it's who they are and what they do.

The original post said I believe most Americans black and white respect each other… and they disagree with the far left Democrats and with those in the media that prop up race as an issue in this country.
It would be nice if this were true. I strongly suspect it's not. I believe most Blacks do not like whites, and most whites fear Blacks.
Of course, it is first-degree Thoughtcrime to say this.

Do some research on polls taken on racial questions (like this one: American Attitudes and Race) and you'll find that most Blacks think they are discriminated against in daily life (and not by Asians or Hispanics, but by whites).

Nothing is going to change this much, just as nothing will make a significant impact on the Black crime rate, Black educational failure, Black out-of-wedlock births, etc.

The original post said I believe most Americans black and white respect each other… and they disagree with the far left Democrats and with those in the media that prop up race as an issue in this country.
It would be nice if this were true. I strongly suspect it's not. I believe most Blacks do not like whites, and most whites fear Blacks.
Of course, it is first-degree Thoughtcrime to say this.

Do some research on polls taken on racial questions (like this one: American Attitudes and Race) and you'll find that most Blacks think they are discriminated against in daily life (and not by Asians or Hispanics, but by whites).

Nothing is going to change this much, just as nothing will make a significant impact on the Black crime rate, Black educational failure, Black out-of-wedlock births, etc.
Most people don’t fear each other racists believe that blacks fear whites or whites for your blacks. That type of mentality is from the devil it’s also from bad people in the media. We don’t need it man. In order to drive up ratings the left-wing news media outlets makes it out as if there’s racism in the country….. they bring out fake polls just like they did in the 2016 presidential election. We don’t have to rely on polls. Common sense shows us that when we drive across the country most people get along with each other. The media both left wing and right wing ramps up negative divisive stories in order to gain ratings.

It’s true There are large numbers of young white people and Black people who feel they are discriminate against it is because we have a government that lacks leader ship …. Too many young people are either out of a job or lack a good paying job. The interest rates are 7% when it comes to getting a loan on a new home. So many young people are stuck living in tiny apartments this wasn’t like this in the American past. Far left politicians that talk about race relations add fuel to the fire. The way to combat these issues is to go back to how things were in the 1940s just have a better country better jobs more common sense and more being proud of our country.

There are millions of starving white people in this country or who are living with a very low wage. Poverty effects white and Black people when you have Rich politicians including rich Black people rich white people telling poor people that there’s racism in this country it’s create chaos. Whether the politicians are claiming that there’s racism against whites or racism against blacks it will inevitably be lead to more violence and chaos, grown adults don’t talk like that. We need politicians that talk about the fact that most Americans don’t wanna talk about race we want better jobs and a stronger military and a more prosperous country.

common sense shows us the way forward is to have mutual respect.

A truly democratic, liberal or multicultural society is one that doesn’t even talk about race because we’ve moved on from the racist part of human history and into a better era….

Last edited:
Yes, your sentiments are admirable. How wonderful it would be if one's race were like being left-handed or right-handed.

And certainly, all decent people should treat others as individuals, and not as 'representatives' of their race.

But we must distinguish 'should' from 'is'.

We should be able to leave a $20 bill taped to our front door, to pay the postman for a package we're expecting. Only a fool would do so.

You should be able to walk through a Black area at 11pm on Saturday with the same assurance of your safety that you would have were you walking through an Asian area. Only a fool would do so.

Of course, you are right that unemployment makes things worse. Unfortunately, the causes of unemployment are not so simple. We have raised a generation of whites who are different from their parents in terms of willingness to work hard, turn up on time every day (sober), desire to get a skill ... all the attributes that encourage steady employment. (See Charles Murray's Coming Apart for a detailed analysis of this.)

Or turn it around: How many unemployed Jews are there? Have you ever seen an Asian trailer park?

Yes, your sentiments are admirable. How wonderful it would be if one's race were like being left-handed or right-handed.

And certainly, all decent people should treat others as individuals, and not as 'representatives' of their race.

But we must distinguish 'should' from 'is'.

We should be able to leave a $20 bill taped to our front door, to pay the postman for a package we're expecting. Only a fool would do so.

You should be able to walk through a Black area at 11pm on Saturday with the same assurance of your safety that you would have were you walking through an Asian area. Only a fool would do so.

Of course, you are right that unemployment makes things worse. Unfortunately, the causes of unemployment are not so simple. We have raised a generation of whites who are different from their parents in terms of willingness to work hard, turn up on time every day (sober), desire to get a skill ... all the attributes that encourage steady employment. (See Charles Murray's Coming Apart for a detailed analysis of this.)

Or turn it around: How many unemployed Jews are there? Have you ever seen an Asian trailer park?
Yes, I have known unemployed Jews and Asians living in trailers.

Yes, I have known unemployed Jews and Asians living in trailers.
And so you conclude from this,that there are lots of unemployed Jews (just as there are lots of unemployed non-Jewish whites, and lots of unemployed Blacks), and that there are Asian trailer parks?

Individuals might be racist...our society/gubbermint is not.
Huge difference.
Try South Africa if you want to see true racism....it's a fun trip if you are American....and Black Americans are not under the same discrimination as whites or Asian or Latin. They see you as just another American....

And that's the crux.

Sure, appearance is a clue to set up prejudice....but actions of hostility and disruption and abuse confirm that the prejudice is warranted.

Here inside the USA there is no systemic racism. There is systemic classism...and it's getting worse.

While juveniles and young people are all focused on their genetals and how to use them the obvious questions about their identity and contributions to their community are going largely ignored....and so like anything adrift in the sea these people will end up washed up like so much refuse. Abandoned in puddles of garbage. Where some over zealous prosecutor will find them worthy of a long term incarceration. Their race won't be relevant...just their poverty.

If you live in poor neighborhoods your schools will reflect that....if you live in rich neighborhoods your public schools will reflect that as well....magnet schools are simply for smarter thugs. Nurture has more to do with SOME people than nature....but the Poor section of town has more genetic disadvantages than the Rich. More instances of neurological disorders and physical deformity than the rich. Also more tattoos.
So choose what you want to be. The discriminated or the discriminatory. EVERY community has both groups despite claims otherwise.

What do you think about race relations in America?​

I think that, despite their differences, the different races should get along ...

F1-vs-Nascar-Tony-Stewart-and-Lewis-Hamilton.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back