What do you see when you are out walking?

With Covid, I am having to spend a lot more solitary time doing things. Since mid-March, Iā€™ve been working from home, and for eight weeks I was furloughed. I spent that time doing a lot of hiking, with my dogs. In fact, Iā€™ve logged 300 miles of walking since the end of May when I was furloughed. I am blessed to live in WV, near beautiful hiking areas,rivers and the mountains. With the incredible cameras on cell phones now, I took a lot of pictures.

And got in touch with my inner and dormant, amateur naturalist.

All of us are impacted by the pandemic....what do you see when you are out walking?

I'm in a very similar situation. Still working though. But also in the mountains. Moved here right after work went fully remote. Saw a couple of moose. Some mountain goats. Elk and deer.
Coworker is in the middle of NYC and not so lucky.

With Covid, I am having to spend a lot more solitary time doing things. Since mid-March, Iā€™ve been working from home, and for eight weeks I was furloughed. I spent that time doing a lot of hiking, with my dogs. In fact, Iā€™ve logged 300 miles of walking since the end of May when I was furloughed. I am blessed to live in WV, near beautiful hiking areas,rivers and the mountains. With the incredible cameras on cell phones now, I took a lot of pictures.

All of us are impacted by the pandemic....what do you see when you are out walking?

I'm in a very similar situation. Still working though. But also in the mountains. Moved here right after work went fully remote. Saw a couple of moose. Some mountain goats. Elk and deer.

I'm lucky being in the mountains, as opposed to a city. You must be in the western mountains :). I see deer, coyotes, bear and foxes, and beavers.

Same thing as before COVID but now people with masks. Donated my convalescent plasma yesterday. Oddly had to wear a mask while doing so.

I'm lucky being in the mountains, as opposed to a city. You must be in the western mountains :). I see deer, coyotes, bear and foxes, and beavers.
Yep. Colorado. Love WV though. No wildfires. :)

Yep. Colorado. Love WV though. No wildfires. :)

That is true!

This is the reservoir, part of Coopers Rocks State Forest...one of my favorite hikes.

105593971_10219932611078335_9179828907544417448_o.jpg

I live in one of the most beatiful places in the world...toni
20201023_190952.jpg
ghts walk

Attachments

• elk.jpg
    elk.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 28
  • elk 1.jpg
    elk 1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 27

Forum List

Back