What do you make with your own two hands?

I reload all my own ammo. 30-06, 223, 45 Colt, 44 Mag, 38 Special, 9mm, 380 Auto, 32 H&R Mag, and 25 Auto.

I am trying to get the hang of reloading shot shells but the sheer number of options for wads is intimidating.

Ahmm.. berrrry interesting! :D I have almost every piece of brass I've ever shot.

(except .22)

Crap that’s gotta be a lot of brass!

What calibers?
Mostly 7mm and 9mm. :rolleyes: It's pounds, for sure.

I reload all my own ammo. 30-06, 223, 45 Colt, 44 Mag, 38 Special, 9mm, 380 Auto, 32 H&R Mag, and 25 Auto.

I am trying to get the hang of reloading shot shells but the sheer number of options for wads is intimidating.

Ahmm.. berrrry interesting! :D I have almost every piece of brass I've ever shot.

(except .22)

Crap that’s gotta be a lot of brass!

What calibers?
Mostly 7mm and 9mm. :rolleyes: It's pounds, for sure.

I try to keep 500 rounds of each caliber I own guns for, except 223, I keep 1000 rounds of that because my AR15 loves to eat ammo. I keep 500 rounds of 9mm in 147 grain for my Baretta 92FS, and 500 9mm in 115 grain for my S&W Shield. I collect the brass as I shoot and just reload that. Every once in a while I go to the range and buy 10 pounds of assorted brass to replenish my stock.

I’ve never owned a 7mm or a 10, but I’ve had the pleasure of shooting a 10mm some time ago.

I make the absolute best grain and sugar free pancakes known to man.
upload_2017-11-10_12-41-8.png

Anyway..its nice to put peeps here into a different setting than just being another peep. I can't sing. Actually, I sing like Lucy Ricardo. I wanted to play piano but never got the lessons. So I turned to art.
Let's see
Its been awhile. But, last week I picked up the brushes again and am working on a piece. SLOWLY. I used to knock stuff out within a few hours but..no more. I get too tired and my hands cramp up.

But..I am working on a smaller piece right now, that matches the one I am fixing to show you. This one was painted on a coffee table, octogon shape. I am pleased and proud to say I never expected it to wind up in Belarus. The woman paid more to have it shipped than for the table itself! Anyway..I have a hankering to do koi again and I have the perfect little half moon table I picked up at the beach and crammed in my van. It's been homeless along with me, and both of us survived that experience. So..I want to make it a koi table to match the one I did before. Not quite the same, but similar in concept. :)

hvyruv.jpg

kf5qnb.jpg

(I don't like painting on canvas. I do furniture. Doors. Walls. Tables. Dressers. Anything but canvas).

That is very beautiful Gracie you are talented.

Anyway..its nice to put peeps here into a different setting than just being another peep. I can't sing. Actually, I sing like Lucy Ricardo. I wanted to play piano but never got the lessons. So I turned to art.
Let's see
Its been awhile. But, last week I picked up the brushes again and am working on a piece. SLOWLY. I used to knock stuff out within a few hours but..no more. I get too tired and my hands cramp up.

But..I am working on a smaller piece right now, that matches the one I am fixing to show you. This one was painted on a coffee table, octogon shape. I am pleased and proud to say I never expected it to wind up in Belarus. The woman paid more to have it shipped than for the table itself! Anyway..I have a hankering to do koi again and I have the perfect little half moon table I picked up at the beach and crammed in my van. It's been homeless along with me, and both of us survived that experience. So..I want to make it a koi table to match the one I did before. Not quite the same, but similar in concept. :)

hvyruv.jpg

kf5qnb.jpg

(I don't like painting on canvas. I do furniture. Doors. Walls. Tables. Dressers. Anything but canvas).

That's amazing Gracie. Hope you signed it somehow. Someday it'll go for 5 figures at Sothebys !!!!! I'll outbid those damn Russians. Belongs in "merica"... :eusa_dance:

I love sausage but never made my own. I also can't eat it anymore. Too fatty.

What about bacon?

I cannot look as I'm frightened of the response:

upload_2017-11-10_18-22-1.png

People who do not like bacon are not normal and so they should be airdropped into Gitmo, um thinking again fuck Gitmo and reopen and airdrop them on Devil's Island :smoke:

99b79cae5bc4f1da486e8047608cf731--the-keep-december-.jpg

I design products from theory. There are lots of hands involved in that. Most are medical devices that go into most every cytology/radiology/DNA lab that a hospital has. But also signal/image processing equipment. Designed one of the first "dental cameras" that every dentist has now. One of the first electronic finger print readers. Did research for identifying people by their foot pressure patterns as they walk.

This pic is in my USMB albums. Did several "virtual reality" stereo viewers for simulation and other applications.

30473-1446784139.jpg

Still had a few loose wires at that point. And it's always a bad hair day when you're taking that thing on/off 25 times a day..

Let's see

hvyruv.jpg

kf5qnb.jpg

That's amazing Gracie. Hope you signed it somehow. Someday it'll go for 5 figures at Sothebys !!!!! I'll outbid those damn Russians. Belongs in "merica"... :eusa_dance:
very good

That, I already knew :).

Got a recording of yourself you wish to share?

The Eric Beatty Band | Country from Dallas, TX

The best song IMHO is "Relief"....it's a haunting song of redemption.... I wrote the third verse. I also do high harmony vocals on. The way that song came together and became the most requested song we did and was in regular rotation on 95.3 FM Dallas is a very incredible story where everything just came together.

Sounds great. Especially the bass. :biggrin:

Photography? Paintings? Quilts? Carpentry i.e. furniture or toys, etc etc?

And, care to share pics?

What do you make with your own two hands?

Espresso shots I make with my own two hands, my talents are Eternal :cool-45:

upload_2017-11-10_18-34-5.png

Let's see

hvyruv.jpg

kf5qnb.jpg

Very impressive, Gracie. I was going to post a jigsaw puzzle I did, but now I don't feel like it.

I like to play guitar with my own two hands, but I've never written a song.

Something I did recently was write this book:

41aULs5gy3L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711721B4/?tag=ff0d01-20

Not the easiest or most comfortable read, I've been told, but that wild hair was a reaction to my friends who insisted on blaming Christians and the Church for the Church's decline.

Pictures were asked for, it took a while to dig this oldie up.

I make my own ammo with my own hands. Here is a picture of many 9mm bullets I put together one day a few years back. I still reload but I dot take pictures anymore.
1B43F885-DD67-4262-9CB0-C4F5E10F0076.jpeg

Let's see

hvyruv.jpg

kf5qnb.jpg

EVERYTHING I paint is signed. I just took the pics before it was varnished and I scrubbed out the signature on the closeup so nobody here can see my name. ;)

Let's see

hvyruv.jpg

kf5qnb.jpg

EVERYTHING I paint is signed. I just took the pics before it was varnished and I scrubbed out the signature on the closeup so nobody here can see my name. ;)

Smart. It's really gorgeous.

Photography? Paintings? Quilts? Carpentry i.e. furniture or toys, etc etc?

And, care to share pics?
I built homes. I built hot rods. I weld and repair and operate heavy equipment and am a tax professional.

My only crafty productions are fishing flies. Sorry no pictures. Although I probably have a picture of a steelhead that I've caught on my own fly. Very satisfying. Steelhead are fun but a big bluegill on a super light rod is also a riot.

A number of things really. Current passion is chainmalle. Sorry, I have no pics of My work, but I've done jewelry and armor.

Something along these lines..

bc85559b4463c861fe1c05fb03167a15--star-pendant-shining-star.jpg

Some hand flowers like these

cd69e98ba0f17896a648aac4e66b5e18--scale-mail-slave-bracelet.jpg

Some dragonscale bracelets like this one

gallery_2586_7_643842.jpg

And of course, I brew beer, wine, and mead.

New Topics

Forum List

Back