What Do We Ban Next?

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Now that trans-fats are banned in New York City, a move the New York Times calls "a model for other cities," what gets banned next? Tobacco and alcohol are more harmful than trans-fats. All meat contains trans-fats, will New Yorkers have to subsist on tofu? No, wait, that raises estrogen. Guess they'll have to get their protein from nuts. The problem is that this is supposed to be a free society, a society in which a person can choose to engage in behaviour that endangers himself. If the government can tell me what to eat because it's dangerous, rather than let the free market do its job, then what's next? John Stossel weighs in.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/12/what_will_they_ban_next.html

A complete smoking ban takes effect here at my company on January 1st. The announcement of the new policy also contained a hint that they will also be considering other sources of unhealthy habits, e.g. vending machines.

Heaven help us if the PC police ever get the idea that masturbation is bad for us. We'll all then be required to have our arms shortened by a foot.

A complete smoking ban takes effect here at my company on January 1st. The announcement of the new policy also contained a hint that they will also be considering other sources of unhealthy habits, e.g. vending machines.

Heaven help us if the PC police ever get the idea that masturbation is bad for us. We'll all then be required to have our arms shortened by a foot.

You'll go blind!

and the libs worry about a theocracy ? They aint seen nothing yet.

the local hospital here has a complete smoking ban, which is the norm for hospitals across the country. However, they went a step further and have prohibited smoking on "hospital grounds". So, you are not even allowed to smoke outside if you're on hospital grounds, which includes people just walking by the hospital on the sidewalk, even if they have no business what-so-ever in the hospital. They actually have the valet drivers and security guards enforcing people smoking on the sidewalks...

Our government needs a new slogan. "Now even better. All the freedom with none of the responsibility."

They should just ban stupidity and be done with it.

Problem is, there are too many people out there who have nothing better to do than think they know what's best for everyone else. Back in the day, when maintaining existence was a constant struggle, people didn't have time for such nonsense.

In other words, these people need to get a job, and worry about their own lives before worrying about mine.

Problem is, there are too many people out there who have nothing better to do than think they know what's best for everyone else. Back in the day, when maintaining existence was a constant struggle, people didn't have time for such nonsense.

In other words, these people need to get a job, and worry about their own lives before worrying about mine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only you would follow your own advice.

Forum List

Back