What do some of us have in common, brainwise?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
What do you see in the pic below?

If enough interest is shown in this "mind/commonality game" thread, I will post another pic. Then another. And I invite you all to join in. Find something simple to post. A single thing. Animate, inanimate, scene, etc. Simpler the better. Then ask what the next poster "sees".

Here is the first pic. What do you see?

Attachments

• 1590964581518.png
    1590964581518.png
    955.1 KB · Views: 74

If enough interest is shown in this "mind/commonality game" thread, I will post another pic. Then another. And I invite you all to join in. Find something simple to post. A single thing. Animate, inanimate, scene, etc. Simpler the better. Then ask what the next poster "sees".

I see a LARGE pizza sitting atop a very ornate pizza holder. Of course I AM hungry right now and about to make my dinner!

Let's see in descending order,

1) A crab
2) A mask
3) My BIL had a table crafted that looked like it had boobs under it.

a 17th century french table with a marble top?

I see a fairly new reproduction french style gold leaf side table with a cheap red marble top (approximately 48'L X 24"W,X 24"H) sitting in a fairly recently built unfinished basement.

A strange type of insect that disguises itself as a cookie, or a pizza.

Either that or I'm hungry and will treat anything like a snack, unless proven otherwise.

Last edited:

A strange type of insect that disguises itself as a cookie.

Either that or I'm hungry and will treat anything like a snack.
Yes! Someone else that sees food. THAT'S good to see!

Aha! Yes...but I see the veins in the marble. The tacky gold leaf, tho very pretty. The carved legs. The unique color of the marble itself.

OK..y'all got the drift. Next image coming up!

1590997884772.png

With this image...what do you see FIRST?
How do you feel looking at it?

A beer mug supporter.

View attachment 343740

With this image...what do you see FIRST?
How do you feel looking at it?
Danger.

I've worked as a lifeguard and an EMT. When I see that wave, I have a feeling of relief by the absence of any dumbass boater or surfer, who would be violently crushed to death on those rocks. But have an instinct to search for them anyways.

But the smooth rocks in the foreground remind me of a soothing hot rock massage of my satisfyingly sore muscles after a hard day's work pouring concrete all day.

And the beautiful clear azure sky free of contrails reminds me of 9/11, after the CINC grounded all commercial flights.

Last edited:
That beach pic is Moonstone Beach, Cambria Calif. I went the often to collect rocks. I could sit there HOURS and just smooth over wet rocks and pic out jasper, california jade, moonstones, sea glass and other semi precious gemstones I had no name for. I just picked each one up individually if it grabbed my attention. I had a bunch of them. Tossed them in olive oil, let semi dry on a paper towel, stuck them in a bowl to admire on my coffee table. But..I lost them all in the fire. IF I ever get back there and can still walk..I will go collect another batch.

Seals hang out there on the far rocks you see. Barking, or just looking at anyone wandering by. Roar of surf. Blue skies. Peace. Thats what I saw..and still see in my memories.

First picture was correctly stated when said antique table French which look more like a replica from the Louise XVI era or a little later...

The other picture until you said where it was looked like a beach in Oregon to me...

That beach pic is Moonstone Beach, Cambria Calif. I went the often to collect rocks. I could sit there HOURS and just smooth over wet rocks and pic out jasper, california jade, moonstones, sea glass and other semi precious gemstones I had no name for. I just picked each one up individually if it grabbed my attention. I had a bunch of them. Tossed them in olive oil, let semi dry on a paper towel, stuck them in a bowl to admire on my coffee table. But..I lost them all in the fire. IF I ever get back there and can still walk..I will go collect another batch.

Seals hang out there on the far rocks you see. Barking, or just looking at anyone wandering by. Roar of surf. Blue skies. Peace. Thats what I saw..and still see in my memories.
I'm putting that on my bucket list.

Cambria...where the Forest Meets The Sea. Google it. Quaint SMALL town right on the coast. Go further north and drive SLOW on HWY1 due to the elephant seals that tend to merge into traffic during nap time. Keep going and wind up in Big Sur. Beautiful area.

OK. And I'd surmise that you also think that Persig's "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" is a book about fixing Harleys.

Cambria...where the Forest Meets The Sea. Google it. Quaint SMALL town right on the coast. Go further north and drive SLOW on HWY1 due to the elephant seals that tend to merge into traffic during nap time. Keep going and wind up in Big Sur. Beautiful area.
It's been a long time since I've been to the west coast. Several years. My crazy commie uncle lives in LA and calls me a lot, wanting me to go on one last mountain climbing excursion with him. He's around 75 years old and just got a new high-tech knee replacement. And wants to try it out. And I think he will do it whether I'm there or not.

So if I suddenly disappear from this board, it's nothing against you guys, I probably just fell off a mountain again.

Last edited:

I'll play.

Table.

5685d34517cda5187117904b57f24ec8.jpg

Forum List

Back