What Do Kenny Chesney, Tom Cruise and Richard Gere Have In Common?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
No...it's not Scientology - or Gerbils
--------

LOS ANGELES — Bridget Jones is untying the knot.

Renee Zellweger, who played the lovelorn Brit in "Bridget Jones's Diary," (search) and country music star Kenny Chesney will have their four-month-old marriage annulled, Chesney's publicist, Holly Gleason, and Zellweger's Los Angeles-based publicist Nanci Ryder, confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday.

In court papers filed Wednesday, Zellweger listed "fraud" as the reason for the breakup but did not elaborate.

A phone call to her attorney was not immediately returned, nor was a call to Gleason later in the day regarding the fraud claim.

People magazine and "Entertainment Tonight" first reported the breakup, which brings to an end a whirlwind romance that began shortly before a surprise wedding in May.

The 36-year-old actress and Chesney, 37, wed in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands (search). It was the first marriage for both.

They first met at the Concert of Hope (search) tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated television news magazine "The Insider" had reported.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar for "Cold Mountain." She was nominated for Oscars for her work in "Chicago" and "Bridget Jones's Diary."

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, while his "When the Sun Goes Down" was named album of the year. His hits include "Me and You" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169509,00.html
------

If he walks like a ________, and talks like a _______, yeah, he's probably a _______.

IF they are....

Bad press.

No more "heart-throb" status - well, not the status they want.

Aren't Hollywood rumors fun.....

GotZoom said:
IF they are....

Bad press.

No more "heart-throb" status - well, not the status they want.

Aren't Hollywood rumors fun.....

Celebrity/artist types are by definition needy. They probably shouldn't marry each other. No balance.

Said1 said:
After reading the rest of this thread, I'm even more confused. I need help. PLEASE explain their connection to one another..... :)

Rumor Mill.

Tom Cruise - Gay. Has a contract with Katie Holmes to stay with him for 5 years and she gets 7 figures.

Richard Gere - Gay. Had an unfortunate accident with rubber tubing and a a Gerbil many years ago

Kenny Chesney - Gay. Her reason for the divorce was "fraud." Now..what in the world could he defraud her about?

GotZoom said:
Rumor Mill.

Tom Cruise - Gay. Has a contract with Katie Holmes to stay with him for 5 years and she gets 7 figures.

Richard Gere - Gay. Had an unfortunate accident with rubber tubing and a a Gerbil many years ago

Kenny Chesney - Gay. Her reason for the divorce was "fraud." Now..what in the world could he defraud her about?

That's what I thought, just want to make sure. :D

On the other hand, my friend's husband lied to her about wanting to have children, it crushed her, but they're still married. He's not gay, I think he's opting for the Katie Holmes package since she's his boss..... catch my drift?

Said1 said:
That's what I thought, just want to make sure. :D

On the other hand, my friend's husband lied to her about wanting to have children, it crushed her, but they're still married. He's not gay, I think he's opting for the Katie Holmes package since she's his boss..... catch my drift?

Ahhh........definitely catch your drift.

:rotflmao:

GotZoom said:
Ahhh........definitely catch your drift.

:rotflmao:

There are plenty of ways a couple can defraud one another. For example the old, "Don't worry, I'm using birth control" ploy. That wouldn't apply in Renee's case however.

Maybe he's not gay, but watching Zellweger yo-yo between obese and anorexic every two days may have scared him to the point where he couldn't perform. Should be worth a couple of tear jerking country ballads at least.

She's got to have some issues. She was with (married to?) Jim Carrey for like a month, then she dated Jack White for like a year, then out of the blue, she marries Kenny Chesney.

Maybe she saw him without the cowboy hat and got a look at that bald head of his. That could definitely be considered "fraud" ;).

trying to make sense of some of these Hollywood marriages is trying making sense of the senseless.....

considering some of the statements made by Hollywood movie stars concerning the war, Iraq and so on, its pretty obvious that these people....

a. Use vast quantities of drugs and alcohol
b. Need vast quantities of psychiatric help
c. Took up acting because they can't handle reality
d. Took up acting because they were too immature and irresponsible to do anything else, just happened to luck out and made it big.
e. Allowed their fame and fortune to go to their heads and crotches
f. Have an army of well paid yes men and ladies that pick up the messes that they make in public and tell them that they're the greatest.

KarlMarx said:
trying to make sense of some of these Hollywood marriages is trying making sense of the senseless.....

considering some of the statements made by Hollywood movie stars concerning the war, Iraq and so on, its pretty obvious that these people....

a. Use vast quantities of drugs and alcohol
b. Need vast quantities of psychiatric help
c. Took up acting because they can't handle reality
d. Took up acting because they were too immature and irresponsible to do anything else, just happened to luck out and made it big.
e. Allowed their fame and fortune to go to their heads and crotches
f. Have an army of well paid yes men and ladies that pick up the messes that they make in public and tell them that they're the greatest.

Especially Ronald Reagan, Charlton Heston and Arnold Schwarzenegger!
:mm: :dev1: :gay: :boobies: :spank3: :poke: :moon4:

New Topics

Forum List

Back