What do Carter, Clinton, GW Bush, Obama and now Perry have in common?

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
All were little knowns who all of a sudden became presidents. Perry will be our next president barring some huge gaffes, some cooked-up scandals or a miraculous unprecedented economic miracle turnaround,

Truman, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Reagan and the first Bush had all been in the arena. And even Ford.

Last edited:
All were little knowns who all of a sudden became presidents. Perry will be our next president barring some huge gaffes, some cooked-up scandals or a miraculous unprecedented economic miracle turnaround,

Truman, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Reagan and the first Bush had all been in the arena. And even Ford.

Barring some huge gaffes? He has already made them. Not that I agree with your technique, just sayin'.

Richard Nixon an unknown? He had been vice president for 8 years and was the republican nominee in 1960.

They were all also in favor of open boarders to some degree.

When Conservatives talk about Open Borders people. Were referring to the loons who want no controls at all, who if they had their way would remove any Barriers and let who ever wants to come, come. Fuck the Consequences.

Believe it or not you can be for Securing our borders, and be for an Open Immigration Policy. Meaning you want the Border secure and illegal Immigration stopped, but are not opposed to allowing more people to come here legally.

Describes a lot of us who want the Border Controlled and are called Racists because of it. I don't care where Immigrants come from, or what color their skin is. I do care about People entering our country at will, with no screening for Criminals, and with no regard to the Millions who are waiting in line to do it the legal way.

They were all also in favor of open boarders to some degree.

When Conservatives talk about Open Borders people. Were referring to the loons who want no controls at all, who if they had their way would remove any Barriers and let who ever wants to come, come. Fuck the Consequences.

Believe it or not you can be for Securing our borders, and be for an Open Immigration Policy. Meaning you want the Border secure and illegal Immigration stopped, but are not opposed to allowing more people to come here legally.

Describes a lot of us who want the Border Controlled and are called Racists because of it. I don't care where Immigrants come from, or what color their skin is. I do care about People entering our country at will, with no screening for Criminals, and with no regard to the Millions who are waiting in line to do it the legal way.

I wasn't describing my views. Merely stating theirs. Especially Bush and Perry.

They weren't little knowns.
Carter, Clinton, Bush and Perry have all been governors of their respective states. Obama's career started with his speech at the 2000 convention.
Truman, LBJ and Nixon were all VPs who became president--in two cases by succession. Reagan was governor of CA. Ford was a little known congressman from MI who was the first unelected president in history.

What was the point of this again?

Lots of people think LBJ assainated his way to the presidency.

Unknowns are easier to get elected than well knowns.

They have less baggage.

Forum List

Back