What do African Americans owe America?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This is an interesting article, and an interesting question.

IMO, American blacks do not necessarily owe anything specific other than dropping any attempts to make a wholesale change of this country. The Marxist BLM movement for instance, needs to go away.

Today's African Americans benefit mightily on being here, and not the continent of their ancestors. Slavery was evil and wrong, but because of the horrid sacrifices their ancestors paid, they now are so much better off here, than had they been born and raised in Africa.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...un-watson-trade-news/ar-AAPD2I1?ocid=msedgntp
1634488964583.png

I gave an interview recently that involved, among other things, the subject of gratitude and debt. A listener emailed me afterward, asking this: "Against the backdrop of claims for reparations, what do African Americans owe America? Should African Americans be grateful that they are Americans and not Africans?"

The typical response to this is that Africa would be some kind of first world wonderland if white people hadn't taken advantage of them through colonization, which is obviously bullshit. haha Who really believes that?

I would say that most black people likely believe that. I think they have this fantasy that if not for white people, Africa would be one giant Wakanda.

The typical response to this is that Africa would be some kind of first world wonderland if white people hadn't taken advantage of them through colonization, which is obviously bullshit. haha Who really believes that?

A better question would be, "what do you owe America?"

Before long I'll be rich in my own right just like most of the rest of my family. We're brilliant and industrious people. I'm sure Uncle Sam won't forget to take what he wants from my earnings so your kids can get their food stamps.

My children aren't on food stamps.. My family is very successful.

Well good. I guess I'll be putting food on the plates of some other family. I'll also be paying for the military that protects this country. Oh, and don't forget the infrastructure that gets people to work. That's what I'm doing for this country.

I thought you must be retired since you spend a lot of time posting.

No, but maybe you are, since you've made almost 22,000 posts in less time than I've been here.

Yep.. I'm retired.. We built homes and small shopping centers, apartment complexes and I put doctors in underserved communities. In our way, we left a mark.

Forum List

Back