What difference does it make if being gay is genetic or if it's a choice?

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
Democrats are all wrapped up in that it has to be genetic, not a choice. What difference does it make? Why is that so critically important to them? Either way, it's not a job for government either to discriminate against gays or to validate who they have sex with. As long as it's a consenting adult, so the fuck what? Why is this such a critical distinction to the Democrats whether it's genetic or choice? What does it change?

Neither.

It's a developmental disorder.

I'd say it's multi-factor. I doubt there's a "gay gene." But there are genes that make some people more disposed to be gay. That disposition is clearly a range. I think there are people who are clearly gay, clearly not gay and then a curve (normal distribution?) for others where their environment and choices are going to make the difference.

But that's really just a guess. I don't know and I don't really care that much. I only object to gays running to government and demanding handouts, but I also object to anyone else doing that

EkUeEz-WoAACxLy

billions of people, billions of reasons why, certainly not just one or the other reason

I agree, but that misses the point of my question.

Democrats consider it an insult now to call gay a "preference." They demand it's not a choice.

My question is why? What difference does it make?

To me, I oppose discriminating against gays whether it's genetic or a preference. I oppose giving gays party favors and government handouts whether it's a preference or genetic. But that applies to every group, not just gays.

Why do leftists find it so critical that it's genetic and not a preference? That's my question

Neither.

It's a developmental disorder.

I'd say it's multi-factor. I doubt there's a "gay gene." But there are genes that make some people more disposed to be gay. That disposition is clearly a range. I think there are people who are clearly gay, clearly not gay and then a curve (normal distribution?) for others where their environment and choices are going to make the difference.

But that's really just a guess. I don't know and I don't really care that much. I only object to gays running to government and demanding handouts, but I also object to anyone else doing that
"Hmm" the thing is this, homosexuals were hot at one time to prove themselves a genetic trait, then someone gave deeper thought to matter, and realized that if true, and it could be established definitively via a test, whereas parents could authoritatively have it established which way precious was gonna lean sexually, well then they might very well not have that baby, they'd be quite likely to kill it via democratic party womens health procedure commonly referred to as abortion! This fear was not, is not, unwarranted, as most parents given the choice, would definitely choose to NOT have a homosexual baby if given choice in matter. Interestingly, all of the homosexual interest in proving themselves normal genetic variations all but dried up! :banana:

billions of people, billions of reasons why, certainly not just one or the other reason

I agree, but that misses the point of my question.

Democrats consider it an insult now to call gay a "preference." They demand it's not a choice.

My question is why? What difference does it make?

To me, I oppose discriminating against gays whether it's genetic or a preference. I oppose giving gays party favors and government handouts whether it's a preference or genetic. But that applies to every group, not just gays.

Why do leftists find it so critical that it's genetic and not a preference? That's my question
leftists/democrats find power by creating groups they can protect

I've never met a homosexual that didnt carry serious psychological issues. Of course that's the straight world's fault

I have. The sales manager of my main business was gay and she invited me to all sorts of events with her gay friends. There were a lot of great people I really enjoyed talking to.

That's not really relevant to my question though

Democrats are all wrapped up in that it has to be genetic, not a choice. What difference does it make? Why is that so critically important to them? Either way, it's not a job for government either to discriminate against gays or to validate who they have sex with. As long as it's a consenting adult, so the fuck what? Why is this such a critical distinction to the Democrats whether it's genetic or choice? What does it change?

Who cares? They aren't hurting anyone, let them be them.

The term "sexual preference" seems benign enough. Why are democrats so crazy when a conservative candidate for supreme court justice uses it? The short answer is that Mrs. Barrett is obviously heterosexual with seven kids and that seems offensive to today's crazy left.

Who cares? They aren't hurting anyone, let them be them.

I said that, stupid mother fucker. Do you have anything to add to the discussion? No, huh?

This is a really strange whine since both sides argue over whether its genetic or not...but your "what difference does it make" is only directed at the folks living the experience and not the right whangers whining the opposite.

Partisan whine thread #6, 472, 836

re: thread title, it makes no difference.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

New Topics

Forum List

Back