What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?

"General welfare" is a non-specific term. Obviously, the "founders" realized flexibility had to be built into the fabric of government so it could seamlessly adapt to change in the future. Great minds understand such things.
"General welfare" is a non-specific term. Obviously, the "founders" realized flexibility had to be built into the fabric of government so it could seamlessly adapt to change in the future. Great minds understand such things.
And, bingo.

You really would think that people would understand that, but apparently the concept of "flexibility" is a bit too intellectually strenuous for some.
And, bingo.

You really would think that people would understand that, but apparently the concept of "flexibility" is a bit too intellectually strenuous for some.

Some people do live in a binary thinking, black and white world where there's no room for grey areas.

Yes...let’s go with that retarded bullshit...In fact, let’s go with they meant “free shit for Mexico’s filth” when they said “General Welfare”....haha...you dumbmotherfuckers
Yes, the notion of "flexibility" is a bit too complicated for the calcified mind. So it must be evil.
Do you comprehend the concept of "arbitrary government?" That's what flexibility is, the power to make arbitrary decisions.
Then blame the founders. They wrote the words.
I do blame them. That was one of the biggest mistakes they made. Who ever said the Founders were infallible?
Whoever said someone said the Founders were infallible?

So it is what it is. We the People will decide going forward.
Meaningless twaddle.

They obviously made the Constitution flexible
The Bill of Rights were lines that were not to be crossed- only one "flexibility" in its entirety- the 4th amenment, "just cause"

The rest of the Constitution is rules for the rule writers to abide by- that they don't points out that rules are meant to be broken- lawyers and judges do it with regularity, which to me would suggest, in a monkey see monkey do world, the follower monkeys can break rules too- so, the narciccists sociopaths in the District of Criminals write *laws* to punish the evil doers whose behavior they disapprove of, which is, typically, anyone not in their circle of friends (big money donors and lobbyist)- for them there is "some flexibility"- everyone else, not so much.
When that happens - and it sure as hell does - We the People can make changes in the system, specifically those under which the thugs in DC operate. Term limits, for example. Getting money out of politics, for example.

So that's ultimately up to us. We're clearly failing currently, as much of our population is far more concerned with who the Kardashian girls are banging, or whether we've posted our latest meal on Facebook.

This is self-inflicted. We got fat and happy.

And, bingo.

And, bingo.

Some people do live in a binary thinking, black and white world where there's no room for grey areas.

Yes...let’s go with that retarded bullshit...In fact, let’s go with they meant “free shit for Mexico’s filth” when they said “General Welfare”....haha...you dumbmotherfuckers
Yes, the notion of "flexibility" is a bit too complicated for the calcified mind. So it must be evil.
Do you comprehend the concept of "arbitrary government?" That's what flexibility is, the power to make arbitrary decisions.
I do blame them. That was one of the biggest mistakes they made. Who ever said the Founders were infallible?

Meaningless twaddle.
I know, I know. Fake news.

All money spent by the U.S. government has to start and be approved in a popularly elected House of Representatives. The people decide where the people's money goes. "Taxpayers" vote. "Taxpayers" decide where tax money is spent. If taxpayers decide to allow taxes to be spent on any project, then it conforms to the Constitution. The entire House can be replaced every two years. If funds are misappropriated or goods are stolen (as, for example, the arms North and Reagan sold to Iran), then there is a crime. Otherwise, your Representatives spending the money you allowed them to take in and spend is just a republic functioning.

And, bingo.

And, bingo.

Meaningless twaddle.
Your idiocy is not news of any kind.

All money spent by the U.S. government has to start and be approved in an popularly elect House of Representatives. The people decide where the people's money goes. "Taxpayers" vote. "Taxpayers" decide where tax money is spent. If taxpayers decide to allow taxes to be spent on any project, then it conforms to the Constitution. The entire House can be replaced every two years. If funds are misappropriated or goods are stolen (as, for example, the arms North and Reagan sold to Iran), then there is a crime. Otherwise, your Representatives spending the money you allowed them to take in and spend is just a republic functioning.
That's one of the main defects in the Constitution.

All money spent by the U.S. government has to start and be approved in a popularly elected House of Representatives. The people decide where the people's money goes. "Taxpayers" vote. "Taxpayers" decide where tax money is spent. If taxpayers decide to allow taxes to be spent on any project, then it conforms to the Constitution. The entire House can be replaced every two years. If funds are misappropriated or goods are stolen (as, for example, the arms North and Reagan sold to Iran), then there is a crime. Otherwise, your Representatives spending the money you allowed them to take in and spend is just a republic functioning.
Stalin didn't have that problem.

And, bingo.

And, bingo.

Meaningless twaddle.
Your idiocy is not news of any kind.
Okie dokie!

All money spent by the U.S. government has to start and be approved in a popularly elected House of Representatives. The people decide where the people's money goes. "Taxpayers" vote. "Taxpayers" decide where tax money is spent.
That’s total bullshit and your sorry ass knows it...Lawmakers/politicians, particularly Mexicrats, dupe ignorant voters, that’s why Mac1958 and other Leftist filth beg ShaQuita and Guadalupe to vote.
Show me one good real American who voted to designate Mexifornia as a sanctuary city...show me one good real American who voted to provide free taxpayer funded healthcare for Mexico’s filth.
Shit does not get voted on...Politicians lie to gain office then do whatever the fuck they want.

Unfortunately
All money spent by the U.S. government has to start and be approved in a popularly elected House of Representatives. The people decide where the people's money goes. "Taxpayers" vote. "Taxpayers" decide where tax money is spent.
That’s total bullshit and your sorry ass knows it...Lawmakers/politicians, particularly Mexicrats, dupe ignorant voters, that’s why Mac1958 and other Leftist filth beg ShaQuita and Guadalupe to vote.
Show me one good real American who voted to designate Mexifornia as a sanctuary city...show me one good real American who voted to provide free taxpayer funded healthcare for Mexico’s filth.
Shit does not get voted on...Politicians lie to gain office then do whatever the fuck they want.
But the good news is that you can keep bitching and moaning to your little hearts content.

Sure, it's tedious on our end, but we don't have to pay attention.

Stalin had plenty of flexibility.

I don't understand your stupidity, did hitler also have "flexibility" because he killed more than just Jews?

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Attention all Smartest Guys In The Room, and legal scholars:
Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.

Not what the left says it means.

Otherwise there would be no need for a constitution that is supposed to limit the government.

They just say (like the left does today) it falls under general welfare.

My ass.

They provide general welfare as a catch all for.....

Do what is best for the country.

No they don't.

Never have.

Even Social Security screws the poor.

Just how does SS "screw the poor" ...

LMAO

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.

Otherwise there would be no need for a constitution that is supposed to limit the government.

My ass.

No they don't.

Never have.

LMAO

You really don't know ?

Seriously ?

I will explain it to you.

I just want to know if you really are that ignorant.

My ass.

No they don't.

Never have.

LMAO

You really don't know ?

Seriously ?

I will explain it to you.

I just want to know if you really are that ignorant.

I love to her your libertarian stupid-splaining on how SS hurts the poor.

I think they meant free diapers for Proglodytes.

Well, we do know that conservative polices usually lead to depressions or recessions.

Well, we do know that conservative polices usually lead to depressions or recessions.

What size do you wear and where shall I send them?

What size do you wear and where shall I send them?

Weak. No wonder they're no funny conservative comedians.

New Topics

Forum List

Back