What did Cruz do wrong and what should he have done that would have made ANY difference?

Who gives a shit about hypocrisy?! That’s just a way of not addressing the topic at hand. Do better

Well, it means you don't have a real standard. But to your point, you don't have a real standard, fascist
Why does it matter if I have standards or not?

Sure, since you're stupid I'll explain it to you.

Since you admitted you have no standards, that means you don't mean your arguments and it also means that you don't care what anyone else argues because you have no standards to apply our arguments. How could anyone convince you of anything when you even admit you have no standards to apply an argument to?

My God you're stupid, fascist
I didn't admit I had no standards I simply said my standards don't matter in this debate. You keep trying to change the subject to my personal feelings which nobody cares about and are irrelevant. You obviously can't debate the substance which is the take away here.

My God you're stupid.

If you have no standards, what you you evaluate an argument on? I mean it's clear you have no standards, but I didn't expect you to admit that you don't
I evaluate my arguments on the points that I make. Logic, reason, facts. What my personal views, morals or standards are make no difference in debate. Why do you want to focus on my personal feelings so much. Do you really care?

You really are stupid.

OK, let's look at two examples.

Suppose someone argues that allowing people to enter the country illegally running across the border without a covid test is a health risk.

They also argue that allowing someone to run across the border illegally allows them to carry a stick of gum.

How can you decide which of those arguments matters without a standard to apply them to? My God you're stupid
It doesn't matter which of those arguments "matters" I'm either going to agree or disagree with each one and discuss on the facts. How I feel makes no difference. You have no idea how debate works do you?

He took a vacation to a beach while Texas was facing their worst winter storm in over 100 years.

He could have been in Washington trying to get federal aid sent to Texas. You didn't see the Louisiana and Florida senators going on vacation after the hurricanes that hit those States and letting their people suffer they were working to get aid sent.

And yet when Democrat governors and Nancy Pelosi go out and get their hair done and out to dinner you're silent. You're just another hate filled fascist
Whataboutism... weak

Sure, since you're stupid I'll explain Whataboutism to you.

It shows your flaming hypocrisy. That's why you don't like it. You attack Cruz for standards you don't hold yourself or your side to. Not at all. Not cool, fascist
It goes both ways buddy. That’s why nobody gives a shit about it. Come up with better arguments

So think about what you just said. You said you don't have any standard, hypocrisy means nothing to you. That is the argument, you're a liar and a fascist. That has been my point all along and you just clearly admitted it
Whether I have standards or whether I’m a hypocrite makes no difference in debate. In debate the only thing that matters is the substance of the arguments which you constantly lie about and run away from. That’s because you are a poor debater and need to hide behind emotional insults to feel some sense of superiority. It’s quite pathetic

Again, how can anyone ever convince you of any point when you admit you have no standards? That means you have NOTHING TO APPLY an argument to. You're just a fascist, nothing else
You can convince me of a point if you use logic and reason and make a convincing argument. Thats how debate works. My personal feelings on the matter don't mean anything unless the topic is about my personal feelings, which it isn't yet for some reason you seem to want to make it that.

No, that makes no sense. Logic and reason are means, not ends. You still have to have standards as the ruler. And the one thing we agree on is you have no standards
Im not a ruler, I'm a guy in a message board debating and discussing political topics.

No one said you're a ruler, you're stupid as shit
These were your words "You still have to have standards as the ruler." Well im not a ruler so why does it matter if I have standards or not. You make comments like these and you're calling me stupid? haha, give me a break

Who gives a shit about hypocrisy?! That’s just a way of not addressing the topic at hand. Do better

Well, it means you don't have a real standard. But to your point, you don't have a real standard, fascist

Since you admitted you have no standards, that means you don't mean your arguments and it also means that you don't care what anyone else argues because you have no standards to apply our arguments. How could anyone convince you of anything when you even admit you have no standards to apply an argument to?

I didn't admit I had no standards I simply said my standards don't matter in this debate. You keep trying to change the subject to my personal feelings which nobody cares about and are irrelevant. You obviously can't debate the substance which is the take away here.

My God you're stupid.

If you have no standards, what you you evaluate an argument on? I mean it's clear you have no standards, but I didn't expect you to admit that you don't
I evaluate my arguments on the points that I make. Logic, reason, facts. What my personal views, morals or standards are make no difference in debate. Why do you want to focus on my personal feelings so much. Do you really care?

You really are stupid.

Suppose someone argues that allowing people to enter the country illegally running across the border without a covid test is a health risk.

They also argue that allowing someone to run across the border illegally allows them to carry a stick of gum.

How can you decide which of those arguments matters without a standard to apply them to? My God you're stupid
It doesn't matter which of those arguments "matters" I'm either going to agree or disagree with each one and discuss on the facts. How I feel makes no difference. You have no idea how debate works do you?

What basis do you use to disagree with someone without a standard to make that determination, Senior Stupid?

My God you're stupid.

You really are stupid.

What basis do you use to disagree with someone without a standard to make that determination, Senior Stupid?
Sometimes I disagree because of how I feel and what my perspective is and sometimes I disagree because I want to vet out an argument so I'll take the opposing side and debate the subject. Either way my intensions don't matter to the substance of the debate. Why do you care so much about my inner feelings?

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.
He could have stopped his dad from killing JFK?

My God you're stupid.

You really are stupid.

Sometimes I disagree because of how I feel and what my perspective is and sometimes I disagree because I want to vet out an argument so I'll take the opposing side and debate the subject. Either way my intensions don't matter to the substance of the debate. Why do you care so much about my inner feelings?

So just to be clear, you only respond to posts that you "care so much" about. That's your standard, or so you claim. It's not mine, I'd barely ever post. I'm here because it's a message board and I like to debate

My God you're stupid.

You really are stupid.

So just to be clear, you only respond to posts that you "care so much" about. That's your standard, or so you claim. It's not mine, I'd barely ever post. I'm here because it's a message board and I like to debate
No you don’t like to debate. You run from debates to try and get personal with the people you are talking to. And when you do actually try and debate you lie and mischaracterize. No you don’t debate, you troll.

I respond to posts about things I find interesting. The amount I care about them is irrelevant

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.
Oh boy...here comes the 'spiracy nuttery... you are going to bring them out of the woodwork with that one...

Oh boy...here comes the 'spiracy nuttery... you are going to bring them out of the woodwork with that one...
It was a joke. Are you ever not a triggered snowflake? Ever?

I knew it was a joke. Nothing about my comment implied you believe it. Re-read, and please wipe the rabid foam from your mouth and settle down.

I knew it was a joke. Nothing about my comment implied you believe it. Re-read, and please wipe the rabid foam from your mouth and settle down.
My bad...misread it.

My bad...misread it.
Ha, and thank you for not taking offense to my joke. None of this shit is personal, ya know.

My bad...misread it.
Ha, and thank you for not taking offense to my joke. None of this shit is personal, ya know.
Well I for one am outraged at the both of you!!

Cruz undertook a reconnaissance mission with the noble intent of leading suffering Texans in a caravan to a better life in Cancún, and his blaming his daughters after he was caught demonstrated the integrity of a man who would eagerly become the ass-kisser of a lowlife who demeaned his wife and implicated his father in the assassination of JFK.

If Texans wish to contrive excuses for him, that is certainly their right, just as it is the prerogative of others to criticize him.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.09.19 PM.png
... People have defended Cruz by saying, as a senator, there was little he could do regarding the power grid, which is ridiculous. He is one of the state’s two highest elected federal officials, positions that have a symbolic power beyond those laid out in the Constitution.
During a catastrophic emergency, people expect a senator to visit hard-hit areas, see how people are doing, comfort them, listen to them and learn what they need to be a better advocate for them. This is what elected officials at all levels of government sign up for.
That Cruz wasn’t moved to do this as he booked flights to Mexico is stunning. Even if he couldn’t see the inherent humane value in physically helping victims of the storm, certainly he could see the political consequences of skipping town?
His pathetic claim that he had only planned to stay overnight evoked hoots aplenty when he was captured skulking back into the U.S. with his compact overnight bag. Smuggling mittens, maybe?

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.23.21 PM.png

My bad...misread it.
Well I for one am outraged at the both of you!!
How dare you!?

My God you're stupid.

You really are stupid.

No you don’t like to debate. You run from debates to try and get personal with the people you are talking to. And when you do actually try and debate you lie and mischaracterize. No you don’t debate, you troll.

I respond to posts about things I find interesting. The amount I care about them is irrelevant

God you're stupid. You respond to my posts over and over then say I'm not interesting and you respond to posts you find interesting. At least you admitted your total hypocrisy is due to your having no standards, kudos for that at least

My God you're stupid.

You really are stupid.

God you're stupid. You respond to my posts over and over then say I'm not interesting and you respond to posts you find interesting. At least you admitted your total hypocrisy is due to your having no standards, kudos for that at least
When did I say you weren’t interesting? There’s another thing you’re just making up out fo thin air. Why do you lie so much?

Forum List

Back