What country do you want to visit?

Very cool to hear firsthand reports, good to hear. The beaches of Goa look amazing, and there you won't find dire poverty, either, as that tiny state has the highest GDP per capita of any state in the entire country. The temples themselves are so abundant, you could spend your whole day walking around the entire complex of just a single temple, many of which were built (in the southern part of the country) in the mid 1400's. I've noticed walkways and buildings carved into stone in many travel videos.

Goa was a German colony and yes, it is quite nice to this day. The highest Caste lives there for the most part. And it shows.

My desire to see other countries has kinda cooled recently.
Still would like to eat my way across Italy and see Australia. Greece was incredible,seeing the Acropolis in person is jaw dropping knowing that parts of it are 3,300 years old not to mention the island of Corfu.

Last edited:
I've been to about 30 countries, but one I haven't been to yet that I would like to visit is Morocco.

I'm thinking India, it's a mass of humanity, there are old temples everywhere, there is an incredible diversity of geography there, especially northern India, which is actually in the Himalayas and quite cold much of the year, as well as all the amazing colors, spices, and foods. And what people who travel there say is that it is incredibly safe, no real fears of crime, outside of the occasional pick pocket (and persistent beggars) and always some crazy festival going on.

There are others, but another great thing about India is it is cheap. I won't break the bank staying a while. The beaches on the Indian Ocean (Goa) are popular, and beautiful, Mumbai is a modern city that has a lot of tourists, but the northern region in the Himalayas would be really cool. Travel is difficult there, but throughout the rest of India, travel is as easy as anywhere in the world.

Traveling in India isn't as easy as you think. The trains are notoriously unreliable, you could be waiting 24 hours at a train station. The food will almost certainly give you some bug or other that will have you on the toilet for days.
It's safe... for men. For women it can be another matter.

I've been to about 30 countries, but one I haven't been to yet that I would like to visit is Morocco.

Morocco is a nice country to visit. I went to Fez and Rabat and developed enough to be easy, but traditional enough to be very interesting.

These are the countries I have visited:

• Canada
  • Mexico
  • UK
  • Ireland
  • Iceland
  • France
  • Luxembourg
  • Spain
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Austria
  • Slovenia
  • Czech Republic
  • Croatia
  • Montenegro
  • Greece
  • China
  • Thailand
  • Cambodia
  • Singapore
  • Malaysia
  • Colombia
  • Panama
I guess it's 23. Seems like it's been more than that.

We are going to Ecuador the first week of May.

That is true. In Marrakesh, they’re after you for money, non stop. Small children to old men. There’s no peace from it.
To be fair, this guy has hit some smaller cities and the people were actually very friendly and not hustling him, other than some attempts to be his guide for the day, which were waved off pretty easily.

To be fair, this guy has hit some smaller cities and the people were actually very friendly and not hustling him, other than some attempts to be his guide for the day, which were waved off pretty easily.

I went wandering around a Berber farmers’ market once, and was never harassed or hassled there.

here?
as a woman i would like to see this. my hat goes out to ever posted that and made the video

Last edited:
Don't discount Canada. It has some great cities, natural wonders, and the people speak English, even when they deny it (in Quebec). It's easy to travel comfortably there. Roads are good, food culture is the same as the U.S., and outside the big cities, the costs are comparable to U.S.

I've been to Italy a couple of times but the wife wants to go there for an extended stay. There is a type of tourism where you go and stay in a farmhouse and you can either work there (for fun), or just use that as a base of operations. I gather this is mainly done in Tuscany, but elsewhere as well. Renting a car can be pricey. As others have stated above, May and September are the best times to go - avoid American tourists. Everybody speaks English.

Forum List

Back