• Blue and Brown

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Combination

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
This dress is tearing the internet apart and we can't explain it (yet)

tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_500.jpg

Some people look at it and see white and gold, other people see the same image as blue and black (or brown), and yet other people look at it and see blue and black one moment but white and gold the next.

Why do different people insist they see white and gold, black and blue, or even both depending on when they look? One potential answer is that color is a lie, as this tweet from Kathryn Long, a tech artist at video game development studio Bioware, shows:

B-0BlacUcAEyzJh.png

Well, what do all of you see?

Personally, I see blue and very dark brown/grayish black.
icon_wink.gif

Some people look at it and see white and gold, other people see the same image as blue and black (or brown), and yet other people look at it and see blue and black one moment but white and gold the next.

Why do different people insist they see white and gold, black and blue, or even both depending on when they look? One potential answer is that color is a lie, as this tweet from Kathryn Long, a tech artist at video game development studio Bioware, shows:

B-0BlacUcAEyzJh.png

icon_wink.gif

I saw this earlier, and it is freaky. One minute when I looked at it, it was white and gold. I looked at it again a few minutes later while at my cousin's house and while she was looking at the same picture, and I saw it as CLEARLY blue with black lace, and she saw it as white and gold still. Now, I see it as white and gold again. This stupid dress is going to drive some people crazy, I'm sure. So how's that OCD? :lol:

B-0BlacUcAEyzJh.png

icon_wink.gif

I saw this earlier, and it is freaky. One minute when I looked at it, it was white and gold. I looked at it again a few minutes later while at my cousin's house and while she was looking at the same picture, and I saw it as CLEARLY blue with black lace, and she saw it as white and gold still. Now, I see it as white and gold again. This stupid dress is going to drive some people crazy, I'm sure. So how's that OCD? :lol:
I was going to add. She thinks she's nuts or mom is.

B-0BlacUcAEyzJh.png

icon_wink.gif

I was going to add. She thinks she's nuts or mom is.

Yes, my cousin and I were arguing about it for like an hour. Lol.

B-0BlacUcAEyzJh.png

icon_wink.gif

You're actually the first person I've found to see both.
lol.gif

I see blue and a kind of brownish black.

B-0BlacUcAEyzJh.png

icon_wink.gif

You're actually the first person I've found to see both.
lol.gif

I see blue and a kind of brownish black.

It seems like every time I look at the darn thing, it's either white and gold or blue and black. I am seeing these colors clearly too. No mistakes. :D

Forum List

Back