What Character In A Movie Would Be Perfect If You Changed The Character Into A Black Person Or A Woman?

This penchant for those wanting to change established fictional characters from being white and heterosexual to persons-of-color and/or LGBTQI, needs to end. The only reason they want these established characters to be changed is to further push their agenda and knowing that those characters already have large audiences, hope to cash in on changing them. I see no reason why they can't just come up with their own fictional characters in movies, except that they might know that the movie wouldn't make enough to cover their expenses to having made the film.
Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, two white guys, so they made the characters' race in what was most familiar to them, who they associated with the most. Stan Lee created a variety of superheroes and villains and to his credit, he didn't just stick with only white characters.
Ian Fleming created James Bond. He fashioned Bond somewhat on himself as he was a Naval Intelligence Officer during World War II. He was heterosexual and was married to Ann Charteris. Millions of men, especially Brits, live vicariously through Bond's exploits. Now we had some wanting Bond, changed to a homosexual, a woman, or a black. As Fleming fashioned his character somewhat like himself, I'm fairly sure he would have preferred to keep him that way. While I always enjoyed the Bond movies, I think that Barbara Broccoli's best tactic in response to calls of changing Bond's, sexual preference, gender, or race, was to just kill him off in the last film. Now, those fringe elements calling for change, can just make up their own fictional movie spies and probably lose money in the process.

This penchant for those wanting to change established fictional characters from being white and heterosexual to persons-of-color and/or LGBTQI, needs to end. The only reason they want these established characters to be changed is to further push their agenda and knowing that those characters already have large audiences, hope to cash in on changing them. I see no reason why they can't just come up with their own fictional characters in movies, except that they might know that the movie wouldn't make enough to cover their expenses to having made the film.
Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, two white guys, so they made the characters' race in what was most familiar to them, who they associated with the most. Stan Lee created a variety of superheroes and villains and to his credit, he didn't just stick with only white characters.
Ian Fleming created James Bond. He fashioned Bond somewhat on himself as he was a Naval Intelligence Officer during World War II. He was heterosexual and was married to Ann Charteris. Millions of men, especially Brits, live vicariously through Bond's exploits. Now we had some wanting Bond, changed to a homosexual, a woman, or a black. As Fleming fashioned his character somewhat like himself, I'm fairly sure he would have preferred to keep him that way. While I always enjoyed the Bond movies, I think that Barbara Broccoli's best tactic in response to calls of changing Bond's, sexual preference, gender, or race, was to just kill him off in the last film. Now, those fringe elements calling for change, can just make up their own fictional movie spies and probably lose money in the process.
Tl; dr

Forum List

Back