What Changed Eric Metaxas’ Mind About Trump

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Conservative Christians have been a core constituency for President Donald Trump, and one of the more visible Christians supporting the president is bestselling author and radio host Eric Metaxas. Our Editor-in-Chief Kate Trinko recently got to sit down with Metaxas to discuss why he supports the president, as well as his latest book. Today, we’ll share that exclusive interview.

Eric Metaxas: It’s my joy to be here. Thanks for having me.

Trinko: I know you get this question a lot, but there’s been a lot of Christian support for President Donald Trump and you’ve been very open about how you’re a supporter of the president. What do you like about him? Metaxas: I like almost everything about him. He’s, I would say, a very refreshing figure in American politics. And of course, that’s what makes him a disruptor.

I guess his ability to see things slightly differently is what’s most refreshing, his ability to look at an issue and say, “Why don’t we do this?” And everybody says, “Well, you can’t do that.” And he says, “Well, why not?” He has that side to him, and I think it served him very well in a number of ways.

For me, basic conservative values, you know, low regulation, low taxes, the life issue, the unborn, freedom generally, those are things that I think are very quickly being pushed away because we have a culture [where] we’ve been so blessed with these things that we don’t really know what they are.

And I think under the last administration, under eight years of Obama, I think a lot of people realized, “Holy cow, we’re drifting very far from the Constitution and from basic American values.” [And it’s] simply because—you know, it’s like the fish who’s in water. He’s unaware of the water.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailysignal.com ..

There is no possibility for any Christian to vote for the DemonRAT Fascists party canidate at any level given their leaderships fanatical support of infanticide up to the moment of birth!

Forum List

Back