What are your thought on all this "Occupy" Stuff?

You might be challenged if you were to answer my request.

"Addressing income inequality" and "making your income exactly equal to that of a Fortune 500 executive" are not synonyms.

Income inequality is not binary. It is not either-or. It is more-less. A good measure of it is the share of national income taken home by those in the top 1% of earners. It is too high. The share of income going to the rest of us is too low.

The problem with income inequality is not that it exists, but that it is excessive, which is not only unfair but also bad for the economy.

Last edited:

"Addressing income inequality" and "making your income exactly equal to that of a Fortune 500 executive" are not synonyms.

Income inequality is not binary. It is not either-or. It is more-less. A good measure of it is the share of national income taken home by those in the top 1% of earners. It is too high. The share of income going to the rest of us is too low.

The problem with income inequality is not that it exists, but that it is excessive, which is not only unfair but also bad for the economy.

And where are your links and examples to support this theory?

You have done nothing to explain general attitudes toward money based on class. What is 'too low?' Are you referring to people on welfare or wage earners? What about people who put every dime they make up their noses? There are a LOT of things to be discussed here and you haven't even skated out onto the ice, let alone broken it. :lol:

And where are your links and examples to support this theory?

I've posted them on other threads, both here and at USPOL and don't feel like taking the effort to do so yet again. Tell you what, here's a start:

Income Gap Is Widening, Data Shows - New York Times

You have done nothing to explain general attitudes toward money based on class. What is 'too low?' Are you referring to people on welfare or wage earners? What about people who put every dime they make up their noses? There are a LOT of things to be discussed here and you haven't even skated out onto the ice, let alone broken it

On this thread, no. I was merely addressing your straw man and pointing out that that's what it is -- that addressing income inequality doesn't mean making sure you make the same money as a Fortune 500 exec.

Too low is low enough that the economy has to survive on consumer credit; high enough is where the economy can run at full production on consumer purchases with credit used only for big-ticket items.

Mainly wage earners, not welfare recipients.

Individual differences in spending balance out and are irrelevant to the big picture.

Anything else?

Thoughts on Occupy

The radical left wing of the demopublican party is ready to completely nationalize all aspects of the US economy.

If it's "The radical left wing", then how come so many Americans, and really people worldwide, understand what's happening here, and approve?
Gee, if we can get a whole lot of people to agree with our agenda, we won't look so fucking stupid!

Misery loves company!

but of course having a reason to be paid like a fortune 500 CEO means nothing. Not like someone needs to have some skills to trade and be WORTH paying that money.

Why don't all actors earn scale? Why don't all athletes earn league minimum? By this envy logic, they should all be earning minimum wage, like everyone else.

Love the spread the misery tactic. It's so 1930's.

but of course having a reason to be paid like a fortune 500 CEO means nothing. Not like someone needs to have some skills to trade and be WORTH paying that money.

Why don't all actors earn scale? Why don't all athletes earn league minimum? By this envy logic, they should all be earning minimum wage, like everyone else.

I find it hilarious that all these people whine and complain about how some people earn more than others. OMG! Im so sorry I am successful. :( How could I have done that to my country? Excuse ME! Here is all my wealth! To be a true American I must not make something of myself. I shall not be better than my fellow man. From this point on I will work for the same money my secretary makes!!! How could I be so blind! Thank you Liberals for opening my eyes ( Sarcasm Off)

dear silly people, Those hippies you hated so much from the past changed the world.

These hippies will too

"Changed the world"??? Really? How? Last I heard, you parasites on the left HATE America and everything about it. So if you changed it, then you're to blame for how bad it is. And if you didn't change it, then you are just lying now (as usual - the parasite class are the kings of propaganda). So which is LiesMatters? Did you guys change the world to this misery you all now gripe about 24x7, or did you do nothing (as usual, since you people don't believe in getting a job and doing something with your lives) and now are just lying about it?

dear silly people, Those hippies you hated so much from the past changed the world.

These hippies will too

"Changed the world"??? Really? How? Last I heard, you parasites on the left HATE America and everything about it. So if you changed it, then you're to blame for how bad it is. And if you didn't change it, then you are just lying now (as usual - the parasite class are the kings of propaganda). So which is LiesMatters? Did you guys change the world to this misery you all now gripe about 24x7, or did you do nothing (as usual, since you people don't believe in getting a job and doing something with your lives) and now are just lying about it?

Checkmate. Well done. Very Well done.

Thoughts on Occupy

The radical left wing of the demopublican party is ready to completely nationalize all aspects of the US economy.

If it's "The radical left wing", then how come so many Americans, and really people worldwide, understand what's happening here, and approve?

If "so many" people approve and agree - why was the Democratic party kicked out of office in record numbers just 11 months ago, in the biggest landslide elections in over 70 years? You live your life in one massive, perpetual lie...

If "so many" people approve and agree - why was the Democratic party kicked out of office in record numbers just 11 months ago, in the biggest landslide elections in over 70 years? You live your life in one massive, perpetual lie...

That last line should be the Websters definition for a left winger.

In this thread and all others like it, my brain has started playing 'Comfortably Numb.'

Hello. Is there anybody in there. Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY]Pink Floyd The Wall - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb - YouTube[/ame]

This is typical of the parasite class. You're asked a DIRECT question regarding your views, and since you can't answer because you don't understand the issues, you revert to idiot works created by stoned "artists". How about you skip the brain-dead MTV stuff and address the issues.

1.) If Captialism is so bad, what do you plan to replace it with?

2.) Where in the Constitution does it say that the government is supposed to provide for the people?

3.) What's wrong with hard work and each individual being responsible for their own lot in life?

Can't answer? Didn't think so. Now please post more useless MTV garbage created by drug additced "artists" so you can avoid the issues.

First of all - who are YOU to say what is too high for someone else? Second, those top 1% EARN their wealth. If you feel what you bring home is to low, then go out there and EARN more. Do better work. Improve your skill sets and make yourself more valuable to an organization. Get a second job. Their are endless things you can do to bring home exactly how much you want, but that requires an effort and you would rather stay on your couch like a lazy parasite bitching and crying about how wealthy people won't give you what they worked hard to EARN.

"Changed the world"??? Really? How? Last I heard, you parasites on the left HATE America and everything about it.

You need your hearing-aid adjusted, or perhaps you just need to listen to something other than Beck and Limbaugh.

So if you changed it, then you're to blame for how bad it is.

Hmm, not really. The focus from the Awakening era (mid-1960s until the mid-1980s) was cultural and values change, not really political or economic change. As a result of that cultural upheaval, we have:

1) Changes to sexual morality and the related morality of gender relations, making premarital sex and homosexuality generally accepted, and gender inequality no longer accepted.

2) Changes to the attitude towards American imperial power, so that support for wars abroad is no longer a given and the whole idea of the U.S. as a military superpower is open to question.

3) The inclusion of environmental ideas in the national value-set.

The changes that are causing problems now are mostly economic and political, not changes in these areas.

First of all - who are YOU to say what is too high for someone else?

I am someone who understands economics well enough to know what he's talking about. The income of the top 1% is too high, because that degree of income inequality is harmful to the economy.

And that completely trumps everything else you said.

It's funny because the libs on here still have yet to answer rottweilers question. LOL

I find it hilarious that all these people whine and complain about how some people earn more than others. OMG! Im so sorry I am successful. :( How could I have done that to my country? Excuse ME! Here is all my wealth! To be a true American I must not make something of myself. I shall not be better than my fellow man. From this point on I will work for the same money my secretary makes!!! How could I be so blind! Thank you Liberals for opening my eyes ( Sarcasm Off)

Okay. You. Allegedly brilliant young man. Read the article and charts at this URL, and then see what is happening, the truth and reality of the situation.

Allow me to reiterate for I wanna say the 14th time. This is not about the wealthy. We never had a problem with the wealthy when the middle class was healthy. We never had a problem with the wealthy until they hoovered all the money out of the economy. NOW we have a problem.

When things are returned to normal, I will likely still be living under someone else's roof, helping make ends meet. At least for a time. Unless I stop screwing around and actually write my damn books, I'll be below middle class. But that's okay! Even when I was middle class, I never bought a lot of toys, ate out much, or just basically lived outside my means.

So once more with feeling: That is NOT the point.

CHARTS: Here's What The Wall Street Protesters Are So Angry About...

And for everybody too damn lazy to go read the damn article, here's an excerpt.

The problem in a nutshell is this: Inequality in this country has hit a level that has been seen only once in the nation's history, and unemployment has reached a level that has been seen only once since the Great Depression. And, at the same time, corporate profits are at a record high.

In other words, in the never-ending tug-of-war between "labor" and "capital," there has rarely—if ever—been a time when "capital" was so clearly winning.

Forum List

Back