What are your favorite cooking shows ?

Been a cooking show fan since I can remember seeing Julia Child and Justin Wilson back in the 60's and 70's on PBS, and then was a huge TV Food Network fan when they had Bobby Flay, Emeril Lagasse and Rachel Ray , Yan Can Cook was a good one and East Meets West, 2 Hot Tamales....

Here's one of my new favorites.

Most already named the greats

a youtuber

I think she made a food network contest fora new host but lost out to someone else

if youre a young man roaming NYC find her and marry her

the guy behind the camera is probably a gay communist if he didnt at least try

love skirt steak

i just do it on a red hot iron skillet

Their was an old Romanian place downtown that did it well

queens blvd had a bunch of latino place doin skirts to

YUM

I like my women tall but id make an acceptation cause she friggin adorable and can cook

Pasta Ala Amatriciana is good stuff, beats the hell out of spaghetti, and yes she is very attractive... marriage material all the way

Giada De Laurentiis. Because I like to have some eye candy when watching a cooking show.

giada-delaurentiis.jpg

But for good cooking on the wild side, I watch the Youtube channel for Almazan Kitchen

AlmazanKitchen

Been a cooking show fan since I can remember seeing Julia Child and Justin Wilson back in the 60's and 70's on PBS, and then was a huge TV Food Network fan when they had Bobby Flay, Emeril Lagasse and Rachel Ray , Yan Can Cook was a good one and East Meets West, 2 Hot Tamales....

Here's one of my new favorites.

Most already named the greats

a youtuber

I think she made a food network contest fora new host but lost out to someone else

if youre a young man roaming NYC find her and marry her

the guy behind the camera is probably a gay communist if he didnt at least try

love skirt steak

i just do it on a red hot iron skillet

Their was an old Romanian place downtown that did it well

queens blvd had a bunch of latino place doin skirts to

YUM

I like my women tall but id make an acceptation cause she friggin adorable and can cook

Pasta Ala Amatriciana is good stuff, beats the hell out of spaghetti, and yes she is very attractive... marriage material all the way

Its delicious ...i betcha she taste delicious to :04:

my grandmother on my dads side was a ginny she could cook ...her mother i actually knew which was rarer she lived to 105 outlived 4 daughters and one son ...my grandma the fifth daughter was the last of em to go
Plus i grew up around those hairy animals in willamsburg:04:...which made me a snobby food elitist
Growing up the city was burning down around us but our grandmothers could walk the streets at midnight and not have to worry

Im an american mut im German English Irish Italian and ........who knows what else ?1024th injin ? like will never be prez lizbeth .... the kraut sides been here since before the civil war ......i know they were original upper east siders which was an ethnic German neighborhood in the 1800's

My mothers side is the English and Irish her parents MY grandfather did well for himself
My mother is from Jamaica estates like the trumps ..pfft they couldn't cook :10:

Every time i hear i'm an alien im an Englishman in NY i think of my mothers father.....he was an off the boat immigrant a proper Englishman ....i can still feel his foot giving me a lil kick in the arse "haste makes waste boy "

he showed up before world war two began so he fought in an American uniform when we jumped in

If he saw what his old country ..and The USA for that matter became today he'd probably wanna grab a pitchfork
anyway
I CAN do a real classic heavier ragu pretty well ( that jar in the store named ragu is a lie ) ...i usually do three meats .chicken, pork (Italian sausages) and meatballs .....takes all day ...i would do it on snowy days ...my dearly departed always asked me to make it for her ....I would make a GIANT pot ...wed wind up freezing most of it for later and giving some to the tenants we actually liked

The chicken i do to perfection
I do perfectly browned under cooked pieces and finished em off in the sauce at the end
the meat would just fall off bones..not in the sauce on yer plate

you could make any classical dish with the sauce later
The southern classics are great ...which most Americans are familiar with
The northern ginnys taught the french how to cook ...whenever i say that it usually revokes a response of outrage from any frog wandering by :04:
Speaking of krauts ...
MY aunt Loretta could do a real sauerbraten and potato balls it was amazing my sister still has her potato ricer thats gotta be 100 years old by now

shes got all of aunt Loretta old German family recipes stashed away somewhere
I know how to do that one pretty well to

i do it right n proper ..........7 days prep time
3 days ...slackers

Last edited:
which reminds me wwilyburg and bushwick were full of germans to
when i got older and into the rag biz i knew a yid (hasidic jew ) all he sold was linings .7 freaking floors of nylon acetate and bembergs ...

underneath his building on the north side he had access to the giant beer caves that are still there
willamsburg had some amazing German brewers ...and bakeries the last small mom and pop german bakery packed it in the 90s

Giada De Laurentiis. Because I like to have some eye candy when watching a cooking show.

giada-delaurentiis.jpg

But for good cooking on the wild side, I watch the Youtube channel for Almazan Kitchen

AlmazanKitchen

She is hot....but I can't stand the way she says Italian words. She speaks perfectly normal English (moved here when she was 5) and then when she says an Italian word she tries to say it as if it was an Italian saying it. Sounds forced and fake.

I like to watch "Beat Bobby Flay". It's not really a cooking show per se as far as instruction goes but they are technically cooking. (shrug - I'm competitive)

I also like to watch "Restaurant Impossible". Not because of the cooking or even the restaurant makeover but because of the people. There's some serious issue there. hahahaha

iamwhatiseem said:
when she says an Italian word she tries to say it as if it was an Italian saying it.
Sounds forced and fake.
It IS Forced And Fake
And Most Every Italian TV Cook Does It

Same As News Casters With Spanish Names

giada-delaurentiis.jpg

AlmazanKitchen

She is hot....but I can't stand the way she says Italian words. She speaks perfectly normal English (moved here when she was 5) and then when she says an Italian word she tries to say it as if it was an Italian saying it. Sounds forced and fake.

Americans when they try and force those proper euro pronunciations
cringe worthy
they all do it ...

G is smoking hot

I always imagine her as a lipstick lez

I was disappointed shes married and has kids

worst TV chef on planet in my book
Rachel Ray

you know...If I need a new cooking recipe...I go online and look for three or four people who teach the dishes I want.... and then chose one and cook the dish.

that's fast and practical

I like it that way!:04:

no TV show for moi

When it comes to cooking I like it fast and practical.

No need to linger on.

You cook, you eat and that's that.

And then moving on

No need to linger on.

And then moving on

sometimes and life gets hectic sometimes indeed
But a great meal well prepared or a wonderful dining experience at a great Establishment and yer in good company like with family and friends ..... with talent in the kitchen is one of lifes greatest simple pleasures .....stop and smell the roses eh

Its not a TV show, but BBQ Pit Boys on YouTube.

Most of these recipes work equally well camping in the camper as they do at home.

I'm wondering if all you people who watch cooking shows actually try to cook the stuff you see being made.

I don't find watching other people cooking things to be very entertaining but if there is something I want to learn how to cook I'll watch a few you tube videos

I'm wondering if all you people who watch cooking shows actually try to cook the stuff you see being made.

I don't find watching other people cooking things to be very entertaining but if there is something I want to learn how to cook I'll watch a few you tube videos

I do. I have cooked a lot of recipes I found on YouTube. Its why I prefer it to tv shows.

No need to linger on.

And then moving on

I guess it depends on what you enjoy. My girlfriend and I both enjoy cooking. We try a lot of new foods and recipes.

We enjoy the time spent cooking and then enjoying a good meal. Plus we get to watch what we eat as a side benefit.

No need to linger on.

And then moving on

I guess it depends on what you enjoy. My girlfriend and I both enjoy cooking. We try a lot of new foods and recipes.

We enjoy the time spent cooking and then enjoying a good meal. Plus we get to watch what we eat as a side benefit.
Exactly.
Cooking relieves stress for me, I approach it more like a hobby than a task to do.

Not Actually
I Don't Generally Want To Re-Create Recipes
I Like The Ideas, Tips, And Combinations

However:
I Did Want Guy Fieri's St. Pat's Linguine
I Just Happened To Have Everything On Hand
He Got To The Point Where He Added A Cup & 1/2 Mustard
He Said, 'Don;t Be Put Off. This Really Makes The Dish"
I Only Used A Long Squirt of Mustard From The Bottle
It Destroyed What Otherwise Would Have Been Pretty Good
It Was Awful. I Didn't Serve It To Anyone.
I Threw It Out
I Will Make The Dish Again, Sans Mustard

Forum List

Back