What Are You Reading?

I'm currently reading Gregory Mankiw's "Principles of Macroeconomics." It's an introductory text, and it really helps a layman such as myself. It draws quite a bit from the Behavioral Sciences, which I found quite surprising since the book deals with the "macro" perspective. Overall, fairly interesting and helpful.

Rapture in Death
Novel by Nora Roberts

The year is 2056. mood-altering drugs are legal, prostitution is licensed, virtual-reality games have replaced TV sets for entertainment and New York supercop Eve Dallas continues her sleuthing in Robb's fourth installment in the Death series. This time around, Eve has married her soul mate, Roarke, and is caught up in the puzzling suicide of a technician who's been working on Roarke's unfinished space resort. The young tech, Eve learns, had cheerfully hanged himself after a VR trip. Back on Earth, autopsies from two similar suicides reveal a pin-sized burn on the brains of the victims. All clues point to a deadly subliminal message in a VR toy?one that Roarke produces. This is sexy, gritty, richly imagined suspense. The fact that it is written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym J.D. Robb is a tribute to her versatility.

The Pilgrims Process

Author Jud

The pilgrim people of God --
The watershed issue --
Ethics and belief --
The crisis of the local church --
Facing change and conflict --
Planning for change --
Thinking, acting, reflecting, celebrating --
Hope in action.

Historical Fiction - I have read all of the popular authors. Any suggestions?
Check out the 4 of mine on California history. Check my signature.

Thanks, where do I find that?

P.S. My usual preference is European historical fiction written in the third person.

If you look at the bottom of my posts, you will see my signature. Click on the Father Serra link for the mission novels and A Soldier's Stories link for a novel about the end of the Cold War

Dogtripping David Rosenfelt
Into Thin air Jon Krakauer
Into the wild Jon Krakauer
Crime and Punishment Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The five people you meet in heaven Mitch Albom

Last edited:
f67be9c27171a08494ad4082f1ac5390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a Jane Austen revival. Did Pride and Prejudice then Sense and Sensibility and am now on Persuasion. I think I'll give Emma and Northanger Abbey a miss. They've driven whatever I read before clean out of my head. In their favour, they are as enjoyable to reread as their first discovery. As to one's favourite book that is as impossible as one's favourite piece of music.

Forum List

Back