What are you listening to?

Right now it's Buffalo Springfield Again, the group's second album. I like this one a bit better than their first album. The band seems to be more focused, their playing is "tighter", and Neil Young has a bit more presence on this one. The remastered CD sounds wonderful. Highly recommended.

Now it's Last Time Around, the third, and last studio album by Buffalo Springfield. I like this one quite a bit, despite it getting mostly so-so reviews. There's very little presence of Neil Young on this one, however, this could be why most give it only lukewarm reviews. I've read that Neil had already left the group before the album was released. I like it a bit better than their first album, but not as much as their second. Still, it's a very worthwhile and listenable recording, and recommended to those who enjoy(ed) their first two albums. And the remastered CD sounds great.

Last edited:
If you ever see Retrospective: The Best of Buffalo Springfield, a single album/CD, pick this one up. It features 12 of some of the best songs from their three studio albums. Highly recommended.

Right now it's My Way, a tribute album/CD to the music of Frank Sinatra, by Willie Nelson, released in 2018. Willie is still in fine vocal form on this one. Essential album/CD to any fans of Willie OR Frank. Highly recommended.

Right now it's Close To The Edge by Yes. This is my favorite album/CD by the group, every musician on this recording is just amazing. The remastered CD sounds great. One of the best, if not THE best Progressive Rock album I've heard. HIGHLY recommended.

Forum List

Back