What are you listening to?

Thin Lizzy 1977

Angelo, was Thin Lizzie well known in the States?
Jailbreak, Boys are back in Town and a few others got tons of
radio time when I was growing up in NE Ohio......and I know they toured a lot and opened for a bunch of other bands. I saw them at the World Series of Rock in 1979 at Cleveland Stadium
with Scorpions, Aerosmith, Journey, Ted Nugent and ACDC....

Here's the poster from it I found online - Scorpions was a last-minute add-on I think.
1586585721594.png

Thin Lizzy 1977

radio time when I was growing up in NE Ohio......and I know they toured a lot and opened for a bunch of other bands. I saw them at the World Series of Rock in 1979 at Cleveland Stadium

Here's the poster from it I found online - Scorpions was a last-minute add-on I think.
View attachment 321985

Thanks Angelo. You know they were/are Irish?

I like Ted Nugent and Journey. I'd forgotten about them, till you reminded me.

Thin Lizzy 1977

View attachment 321985

Thanks Angelo. You know they were/are Irish?

I like Ted Nugent and Journey. I'd forgotten about them, till you reminded me.

Know who else was Irish, probably the most famous Irish band ever? The Beatles. Can't be sure about "Parkin" (Ringo) but Lennon, Harrison and McCartney all had roots in Ireland. They call Liverpool the "33rd County" of Ireland due to the heavy Irish emigration there.

Forum List

Back