What are You DOING???

I am an old, retired bastard, but I have stuff I do every week.

I drive a courtesy bus for "Seniors" (most of whom are younger than me) on Tuesdays. I bowl on Tuesday evenings, Fridays, and every other Sunday. This time of year I golf whenever the weather allows. I go to the gym three times a week. I go to church on Saturday evening. We join another couple for dinner out a couple times a week. Every other week I have lunch with a friend who still works.

Can't do NONE of that now. None of it. All bowling leagues have cancelled the remainder of their seasons, and the lanes are closed. Golf league is totally up in the air, and all the golf courses are closed (which I think is incredibly stupid). The shuttle bus is shut down indefinitely. Restaurants are closed. No more Mass on Saturday or Sunday. Gym is closed.

Today, I played on the internet for a couple hours. Took a LONG walk. Took a nap. Finished my Kindle-book. Ate. Ate again. Ate again. Took another nap. Did some push-ups. Listened to depressing news of my incredibly-shrinking retirement savings.

Not much fun.

I wish I knew when it was going to end.

What are YOU doing?

self quarantining

binge watching my favorite shows

re-reading my favorite books

playing my guitar

baking something every few days; cookies, brownies

eating hot and spicy soup (using a ghost pepper) for lunch and supper (and snacks) every day!

walking the dogs

posting brilliant and witty observations on message boards

Forum List

Back