What are YOU doing to help stop terror?

Jun 12, 2007
East of the Pacific
One of the things that disgusts me the most about the "war" on terror concept is that nearly everyone, regardless of whether they're on the far right or the far left, seems to think that dealing with terrorism is someone else's problem.

Time to wake up.

Traveling halfway around the world to guard some billionaire's oil well isn't deterring terrorism. Slapping a silly looped ribbon sticker on the back of your SUV isn't deterring terrorism. Peace marches don't deter terrorism.

At the end of the day, terrorists operate only on an individual or cell level. Which means that the civilized world has to fight them on the same level. Remember those "neighborhood watch" programs? If you haven't already done so, stop watching Idol and get to know your neighbors, dang it! Get to know the people who work in your favorite supermarket, and the people you commute with. (Maybe even read my signature, while you're at it.)

America was built by doers, not by partisan cheerleaders. What are you doing?

This is one of the most brilliant, and best posts on this board/best posts ever!.

One of the things that disgusts me the most about the "war" on terror concept is that nearly everyone, regardless of whether they're on the far right or the far left, seems to think that dealing with terrorism is someone else's problem.

Time to wake up.

Traveling halfway around the world to guard some billionaire's oil well isn't deterring terrorism. Slapping a silly looped ribbon sticker on the back of your SUV isn't deterring terrorism. Peace marches don't deter terrorism.

At the end of the day, terrorists operate only on an individual or cell level. Which means that the civilized world has to fight them on the same level. Remember those "neighborhood watch" programs? If you haven't already done so, stop watching Idol and get to know your neighbors, dang it! Get to know the people who work in your favorite supermarket, and the people you commute with. (Maybe even read my signature, while you're at it.)

America was built by doers, not by partisan cheerleaders. What are you doing?

Thank You kindly, just so you know, i meant every word i said, I would BAN suv's and all cars that do not get atleast, 20 or 25 miles per gallon. and shhh, im a conservative :p

Not that SUVs have anything to do with terrorism, but you would ban them for what reason?

You're no more conservative than Porky Pig - you just go with whatever flow you hope will protect you when you open your face and say something stupid.

thats not true. They use more gas, then most cars. And oil pays for terrorism, so while you can say, any car can pay for terrorism, those cars support terrorism at a greater percentage. Also, I am a moderate conservative, and i go issue by issue, while you are a moron who can only name call, and has no significant points to make.

Not that SUVs have anything to do with terrorism, but you would ban them for what reason?

You're no more conservative than Porky Pig - you just go with whatever flow you hope will protect you when you open your face and say something stupid.

thats not true. They use more gas, then most cars. And oil pays for terrorism, so while you can say, any car can pay for terrorism, those cars support terrorism at a greater percentage. Also, I am a moderate conservative, and i go issue by issue, while you are a moron who can only name call, and has no significant points to make.

eek2.gif
Maybe bigger eyes will help that gibberish make sense.

Probably not tho.

Suvs use MORE gas then other cars. Therefore I would ban SUV's. Most conservatives would hate me for saying that.

Now, how about you make a point, other then a personal attack?

Suvs use MORE gas then other cars. Therefore I would ban SUV's. Most conservatives would hate me for saying that.

Now, how about you make a point, other then a personal attack?

You have no right to ban anything, and you certainly have no right to dictate to people what they should spend their money on.

Even if suvs are not banned, the gas mileage standards must be raised. Now, I am not the president, simply giving my opinion, I wouldnt cry, if suvs were banned because of their lousy gas mileage. We do need to stop being dependant on foreign oil, and stop using oil all together.

You have no right to ban anything, and you certainly have no right to dictate to people what they should spend their money on.

Acts, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you don't have enough influence to pass legislation to ban SUVs. If that's the case, would you be good enough to answer my original question about what you, personally, are doing?

Same goes for Shattered. Seems like she got lost on her way to the Taunting Arena.

I'll keep my FJ Cruiser, thank you very much.

As for what I'm doing to combat terrorism, not a God damned thing. Unless you consider getting up and going to work manufacturing parts which are then fed into our great military industrial complex five days a week combating terrorism. As for my neighbors, I know my neighbors, I don't like them. I don't like most people, hell, I don't even like my sister. I seem to have a low threshold of tolerance for the stupidity of the general public.

The truth is, my life has been relatively unchanged and untouched by this "war on terror." I'm not sure if this is because of where I live or my lifestyle.

I think we need some ideas, and we can do more hjmick.

I'll keep my FJ Cruiser, thank you very much.

As for what I'm doing to combat terrorism, not a God damned thing. Unless you consider getting up and going to work manufacturing parts which are then fed into our great military industrial complex five days a week combating terrorism. As for my neighbors, I know my neighbors, I don't like them. I don't like most people, hell, I don't even like my sister. I seem to have a low threshold of tolerance for the stupidity of the general public.

The truth is, my life has been relatively unchanged and untouched by this "war on terror." I'm not sure if this is because of where I live or my lifestyle.

Acts, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you don't have enough influence to pass legislation to ban SUVs. If that's the case, would you be good enough to answer my original question about what you, personally, are doing?

Same goes for Shattered. Seems like she got lost on her way to the Taunting Arena.

I don't watch Idol, I do know my neighbors, I do know the people that work in my local stores, and as a matter of fact, I do have one of those magnets somewhere.

So, welcome to the board.....again? Methinks you've been here before.

my town has neighborhood watch programs in place all over. My street has a block party every summer... and I socialize with several of my neighbors.

And I have never watched one single minute of American Idol.:lol:

Would you please actually answer the question?

I don't watch Idol, I do know my neighbors, I do know the people that work in my local stores, and as a matter of fact, I do have one of those magnets somewhere.

So, welcome to the board.....again? Methinks you've been here before.

Thank you maineman :). I can always count on you to answer the question.

my town has neighborhood watch programs in place all over. My street has a block party every summer... and I socialize with several of my neighbors.

And I have never watched one single minute of American Idol.:lol:

Forum List

Back