What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I'm not talking about people who have been laid off and need money to pay their rent, etc. I'm talking about the majority of us who have not (yet) been hurt financially by the Great Lockdown. What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks - order more crap from Amazon/China? Leave it in the bank?

Seriously, what is the theory about printing more money and sending it to people who don't need to (or can't) buy anything right now? How, specifically, is this restoring the economy? (The Money Multiplier Effect doesn't apply if we don't spend it.) Are we really doing anything more than buying acquiescence from the general public?

I think there is a lot more going on here than merely taking precautions against a new viral strain. Life in America is going to be quite different than it was before this latest contagion. Some people can't wait for the coming New Order. What about you?

I'm not talking about people who have been laid off and need money to pay their rent, etc. I'm talking about the majority of us who have not (yet) been hurt financially by the Great Lockdown. What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks - order more crap from Amazon/China? Leave it in the bank?

Seriously, what is the theory about printing more money and sending it to people who don't need to (or can't) buy anything right now? How, specifically, is this restoring the economy? (The Money Multiplier Effect doesn't apply if we don't spend it.) Are we really doing anything more than buying acquiescence from the general public?

I think there is a lot more going on here than merely taking precautions against a new viral strain. Life in America is going to be quite different than it was before this latest contagion. Some people can't wait for the coming New Order. What about you?
Why does the government on a monthly basis pay people to stay home and not work? If you want to stop the waste then stop the waste, otherwise stop bitching and moaning and vote out the assholes who continue to provide the worthless liberal fucks a reason to be poor.

Life in America is going to be quite different than it was before this latest contagion.
In what way?

you could always use it to help your friends, family or neighbors that do need it,,,

It’s just enough to pay for my boat slip this summer.

Thank you St Trumpy! This kind act of generosity will not be forgotten come November.

If we had not funded the Kennedy Center just so they turn around and dump everyone. If we had done the 110 pages Pelosi was pushing it would have have been a lot higher.

But if you want just send me your check. I can find a way to help the economy. If you want to put it in the bank until spending it that is a great idea. Or you could keep it, give it to charity, give it to a campaign fund, give it to a family member. Lots of things you can do. Might even consider spending it on take out from small restaurant that could possibly go under being mostly closed down.
Just a few thoughts. I don't like the idea of putting more money on the government credit card but I don't like the idea of people losing their homes, jobs and business either. Could care less if we bailed out large corporations but we do need the jobs they provide

Life in America is going to be quite different than it was before this latest contagion.
In what way?

Not just in the US. We don't even know the global social, economic, and political consequences this pandemic is going to cause, because it hasn't even peaked yet.

But you can be pretty sure those changes are going to be extreme and will most likely last for decades. We're talking about entire countries' governments going belly up, shortages, riots, political instability, and wars.

In what way?

Not just in the US. We don't even know the global social, economic, and political consequences this pandemic is going to cause, because it hasn't even peaked yet.

But you can be pretty sure those changes are going to be extreme and will most likely last for decades. We're talking about entire countries' governments going belly up, shortages, riots, political instability, and wars.
What I personally am waiting for is say June or July if the economy picks up to where the unemployment numbers are down and the stock market is up into decent territory how many of the crazy left that were saying it was not Trump that produced a good economy will be on here saying what an amazing job Trump did to bring us back.

I know not going to happen they will be on to the next he's bad conspiracy theory.

If u don’t want it, donate it.

just a thought

In what way?

What I personally am waiting for is say June or July if the economy picks up to where the unemployment numbers are down and the stock market is up into decent territory how many of the crazy left that were saying it was not Trump that produced a good economy will be on here saying what an amazing job Trump did to bring us back.

I know not going to happen they will be on to the next he's bad conspiracy theory.

What ever happens, the President has a tough job ahead of him. I think he'll easily win reelection but it's not going to help with the leftards hammering him like they do. They'll probably try to come up with another BS impeachment too, the assholes.

You might want to set the money aside incase your city gets hit and closes down businesses. If your well off to the point where you can go a few months without working, then donate the money, or if you know someone who is being effected, perhaps a family member or friend in another state give them the money.

I have no idea what your income is but everyone isn't getting a check.

Exactly... That STIMULUS should have been RESERVED for the recovery... NOT at the height of the crisis.. ALL that money should have been laser focused on the unemployed... RIGHT ON!!!

BTW -- MINE is going to replace one of 3 HVAC systems that I need to upgrade... BUT -- I'd rather my daughter boyfriend got his unemployment sooner and more generously...

What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks?

Go to the Kennedy Center...

Or invest in some really cheap stocks that will rebound and sky-rocket once this is all over...

It is called a bribe.
Doing this, people will be so excited about their share to care about the fact 100's of $billions are going to foundations and lobbyist special interest.

Do what I will be doing, give it to someone who needs it. Mine is going to a long retired school teacher.

Do what I will be doing, give it to someone who needs it. Mine is going to a long retired school teacher.
I am not sure what we will do with ours.
For now, bank it in the unfortunate high chance the worse is yet to come, and we can use it then.
If this blows over and we don't use it.... I will probably donate it to Gary Sinise Foundation and maybe a few others.

I haven't decided, right now it is between a Sig Sauer P226 pistol or maybe a new exhaust for my Porsche

Forum List

Back