What are the odd quirks of your pet?

My little dog who sang to mattress commercials passed away tonight. He was 15 years old long hair chihuahua. One of a kind personality. Bye Mesha. RIP

Sorry to hear that. 15 years is a very long life for a dog. He must have been one feisty little guy!
He had slowed down a lot this past year. Seemed OK in the morning, but when I came home from work, he was just laying on his pillow with no energy at all. My wife said she thought there was something wrong with him. I picked him up and his head just flopped against me. He let out a little gasp and went limp. We took him to the vet right away, but he passed almost as soon as the vet saw him. He had an enlarged heart, and it finally gave out. It is always so hard to see an old friend pass on. His life really blessed our family. My wife would like to get another dog, but I'm not ready for it yet.

My little dog who sang to mattress commercials passed away tonight. He was 15 years old long hair chihuahua. One of a kind personality. Bye Mesha. RIP

Sorry to hear that. 15 years is a very long life for a dog. He must have been one feisty little guy!
He had slowed down a lot this past year. Seemed OK in the morning, but when I came home from work, he was just laying on his pillow with no energy at all. My wife said she thought there was something wrong with him. I picked him up and his head just flopped against me. He let out a little gasp and went limp. We took him to the vet right away, but he passed almost as soon as the vet saw him. He had an enlarged heart, and it finally gave out. It is always so hard to see an old friend pass on. His life really blessed our family. My wife would like to get another dog, but I'm not ready for it yet.
Sorry, Borillar.

Man, I am sorry. That's tough to handle.

I just noticed this today.... My dog either has a strange reverence or fear of guitars.
He has an obsession with fetch and return of the ball, normally I do not allow the ball inside the house because if it rolls under a sofa or cabinet he will make short work of it in trying to get to the ball, he would chew through a 4x4 to get to his ball. Not pretty.

today a mistake was made and the ball was allowed inside the house, though luckily it didn't roll under any furniture .... instead it rolled up against an acoustic guitar that was leaning up against the wall. It was brought to my attention when working outside, I heard the dog barking Non- stop and loud.... I go in the house and the ball is sitting right there for the taking, just touching the guitar but he wont get it with even his paw... ( mind you, this is the dog who knows how to open the sliding glass door) but he's sitting back 3 feet away mesmerized and barking. I tested it out and sure enough, when I move the guitar towards him he backs away...
course, it could be just his way of telling me I've been playing out of key..

Any one else have pets with strange behavior?

I had a dog when I was a kid that would take one piece of kibble out of her bowl and set it down right in front of her.she would do this after eating all of her food. God help you if you touched it. She also had this little food dance and bark she would do.
My Patterdale terrier does something similar to that. He'll take food from his dish and set up 'stashes' all around the living room. Only in chunks of three though, so its kind of weird. We are always finding three peices of food on the sofa, and often under a pillow. He's even taken to puting his little 'trio stash' next to the cats who bask in front of the space heater. lol

I got my old dog a year ago. He is now 14. He has no teeth. He has fistulas in his mouth open to his breathing passages. He coughs all the time and will sneeze out his food. He shows signs of terrific abuse. His leg was broken at some point and he was a bag of bones when I snatched him off death row. I did it because my beloved little girl had just passed and this was in her memory.

It took him almost two months before his tail even had a wag. He does not give any kisses but he loves to get them. He pees on his feet and has a chronic stinky infection in his ears. He has a number of smells that I got used to.

His quirk is that he buries his face between my breasts and nuzzles for an hour or more.

That's my main man.

Aww. I'm sorry. Poor little thing. It's good that you got to enjoy his cuteness for so many years.

When we get home, our dog absolutely has to have something in her mouth to greet us with. We assume it's kind of a "welcome home" gift, so she frantically races around the room, looking for something. Doggie snack, Chapstick, whatever. Cracks us up.
I'd much rather get a Chapstick gift than a bunch of bunny guts spread out all over the front porch.

I'd open up the door to go get the morning paper, look down and see all those bunny guts and a bunny eye staring up at me, yuck! Not the first thing to want to see/smell after waking up with a hangover.

At first I thought is was somebody harassing me in the dead of night. I also imagined that some dangerous whacko may have been trying to induce a voodoo curse on our household or something.

Then I found out that Wizard, my little cat, was doing it.

Before I got Wizard I was used to an occasional bird or mouse gift on the front porch, but never a big ol rabbit.

My cat sunny gets a boner and kicks his legs like he's riding a bike when he plays with his favorite toy, a piece of cellophane on a string.
IMG_6492.JPG

stolen milk is just as bad as given milk
No milk, but mine will appear from nowhere if cheese is on the table. She doesn't want Cheez Whiz, though. Connoisseur.

That’s because Cheez Whiz isn’t cheese. It’s not really food either. edible chemicals aren’t food.

My cat loves fresh baked muffins. I’ve ready articles that say cats won’t eat anything that isn’t protein. Really? My daughter has also a cat who loves fresh baking.

I brought home a bag of fresh muffins from the bakery and he was leaping at the bag like it was salmon cat treats.

His favourite muffins are lemon poppyseed. He also loves cranberry orange muffins from the local bakery. It’s bizarre.

stolen milk is just as bad as given milk
No milk, but mine will appear from nowhere if cheese is on the table. She doesn't want Cheez Whiz, though. Connoisseur.

That’s because Cheez Whiz isn’t cheese. It’s not really food either. edible chemicals aren’t food.

My cat loves fresh baked muffins. I’ve ready articles that say cats won’t eat anything that isn’t protein. Really? My daughter has also a cat who loves fresh baking.

I brought home a bag of fresh muffins from the bakery and he was leaping at the bag like it was salmon cat treats.

His favourite muffins are lemon poppyseed. He also loves cranberry orange muffins from the local bakery. It’s bizarre.

Hey, you aren't the only one with cats that like strange stuff.

BOTH my cats like beans and rice.

whenever my daughter leaves her room, our dog runs into her room and grabs her pillow

I bought my bunny a new toy (a dog toy), and he just loves it. He runs around with it in his mouth and shakes it around. It is so cute. Who knew that bunnies liked to run and around play like a puppy? :)

I bought my bunny a new toy (a dog toy), and he just loves it. He runs around with it in his mouth and shakes it around. It is so cute. Who knew that bunnies liked to run and around play like a puppy? :)

Some cats do as well. My littlest cat Lightning likes to chase his tail like a puppy, as well as play fetch and drag washcloths all around the house. One time, he took my glasses off of my nightstand and hid them in his little toy storage place. Took me an hour to find them.

And, if I'm bored, and Lightning is within arms reach, I grab his tail and wiggle it near his nose, and he thinks it's a cat toy.

I had a cat that liked to wrap itself around your neck like a chinchilla fur shawl. Like you were wearing a scarf.

Our neighbour’s cat - the black cat in my avatar picture, is my cat’s BFF. They’re about the same age. The black cat is a couple of months younger, I think, but they’ve been hanging out together since they were neutered and started going outside.

The black cat comes to my back door, and meows for Smudge to come out and play. She will often jump onto the kitchen window ledge and meow at the window if I don’t hear her at the door.

The crazy Siamese cat from across the street plays with squirrels. Sometimes he chases the squirrels. Then they switch and the squirrels chase him.

My cat always runs and hides inside my closet, when he hears the garbage truck coming...which happens once a week here.

I can't understand why he does that? :dunno:

My cat always runs and hides inside my closet, when he hears the garbage truck coming...which happens once a week here.

I can't understand why he does that? :dunno:

Most cats don't like loud noises. I know that if there are Harleys going down my street and the cats are outside, if they hear the Harleys, the first thing that they want is to get back in the house.

4th of July is hell on them as well.

Forum List

Back