What are the effects of the Roe Overturn today?

Then why don't they just propose a law to a compromise bill? That amount of time and ending late term NATIONWIDE would probably eventually pass. Me and you actually agree on the time lines.

This is a Wedge issue. And politicians WANT THE WEDGY. We just want a simple law that neither side gets all it wants but can agree to deal at POINT X.

Now the moment drives the issue completely to the other side. While in places like Illinois they just overturned partial birth abortion bans...............Imagine that.

The late term abortions though are not a very large percentage is my main beef with all of this.
It is like the pro gun rights argument. Slippery slope.

It seems to me that the way in which Roe was applied is a good basis for a federal law. Legal until viability (I could go with 15-16 weeks) then up to the states but always with an exception for mother’s life/health.

It is like the pro gun rights argument. Slippery slope.

It seems to me that the way in which Roe was applied is a good basis for a federal law. Legal until viability (I could go with 15-16 weeks) then up to the states but always with an exception for mother’s life/health.
Roe is not the same. 2nd Amendment is CRYSTAL CLEAR. The Right to Abortion doesn't exist in the Constitution.

Now the pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does............That right is denied to a baby when you kill the baby.

Roe is not the same. 2nd Amendment is CRYSTAL CLEAR. The Right to Abortion doesn't exist in the Constitution.

Now the pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does............That right is denied to a baby when you kill the baby.
No it isn’t “crystal clear” due to the first clause.

That right is also denied to to the mother when the state takes control of her body.

That right is also denied to to the mother when the state takes control of her body.
women are responsible for their bodies, if they are negligent they may become pregnant, that is not the responsibility of the federal government or the population in general.

That ignores the baby. And the argument of When life begins. Roe V Wade stated that they didn't decide that issue. And that the Legislative would have to decide that.

In 50 years HAVE THEY DONE SO........Why no they haven't. Roe v Wade ruled on PRIVACY and the 14th Amendment. But also ruled that if the baby is VIABLE then it will allow a BAN.

So CLEARLY those justices showed that a HUMAN LIFE is being taken after viability.

In this country that LIFE IS TAKEN NOW up to partial birth abortion. In Illinois they just allowed that again by overturning a law banning partial birth abortion.

Perhaps you can finally come to terms that late term is BARBARISM unless the life of the mother is at stake. And pass a LAW that neither side gets all they want.

15 weeks............NATIONWIDE........BAN PAST THAT POINT..........Both sides win that way and lose that way. That is why it is called compromise. But the left DOESN'T COMPROMISE and want ABORTION ON DEMAND FOREVER.

Same as now full abortion bans will occur in some states.

The extreme unpopularity of Trump's conservative Court grew in intensity today.

Following the shooting massacres in Buffalo and Uvalde as well as others, the Court expanded gun rights. One can now carry a loaded gun in plain view down Fifth Avenue in New York. What kind of person would want to do such a thing?

Following that fateful decision, the Court made an extremely unpopular decision today.

CNN explains, "The Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on Friday, holding that there is no longer a federal constitutional right to an abortion.

"The opinion is the most consequential Supreme Court decision in decades and will transform the landscape of women’s reproductive health in America.

"Going forward, abortion rights will be determined by states, unless Congress acts.  Already, nearly half of the states have or will pass laws that ban abortion while others have enacted strict measures regulating the procedure."

There are hundreds of reasons why this decision was a poor one, and many of them will become clear in the coming months as chaos reigns. Here are a few.

The Court argued that the right to an abortion is not in the Constitution. The enormous duplicity of this statement by the Supreme Court is egregious. The American people have hundreds of rights that are not enumerated in the Constitution. The statement is downright ludicrous, damaging the reputation of the Court.

This is the first time in its history that the Supreme Court has removed a fundamental right, the right of a woman to make her own decisions regarding her health and well-being.

The Court is imposing its religious view on the American people.

The Court determined that the government is in control of a woman's health when it involves a pregnancy. The woman and her doctor do not decide her fate. The state does.

Oklahoma has made abortion a criminal act, punishable by a prison term. If a woman from Oklahoma goes to New York where abortion is legal, can Oklahoma charge the person who performed the abortion?

The Court's obsession with its religious view on abortion overrode all other considerations.

This is Trump's legacy and the Republican Party is solely responsible. It will take a federal law to restore a woman's right to make health decisions. Keep that in mind when you vote in November. It will require 60 votes in the Senate to override Republican opposition to the legislation.

That statement begs the question, are you lying or just stupid? My money is on the latter. Joe can try reading a teleprompter and Kamala can do a sword swallowing act!

Last edited:
No I do not. In fact, very few people actually believe that. You’re all just deluding yourselves into thinking it is rooted in American leftwing politics.

Ask any immigrant that came to American to escape true Communism about that. You will be surprised to find out they they see the Democratic Party far too aligned with Communist principles for their liking.

That ignores the baby. And the argument of When life begins. Roe V Wade stated that they didn't decide that issue. And that the Legislative would have to decide that.

In 50 years HAVE THEY DONE SO........Why no they haven't. Roe v Wade ruled on PRIVACY and the 14th Amendment. But also ruled that if the baby is VIABLE then it will allow a BAN.

Didn’t they rule they would leave it up to the states to enact restrictions at that point? I have no problem with doing that.

So CLEARLY those justices showed that a HUMAN LIFE is being taken after viability.

For what reasons? What if there are severe fetal defects? Many are not detected until later in development.

In this country that LIFE IS TAKEN NOW up to partial birth abortion. In Illinois they just allowed that again by overturning a law banning partial birth abortion.

Partial birth abortion is not a medical term, it is a political one. Laws regarding medical procedures should be based on medicine not politics. So called “partial birth” abortions don’t mean the fetus is at the point of viability or ever will be viable. Sometimes it’s the only way to remove a fetus with severe defects, like hydrocephalus without damaging the mother. Are you going outlaw that? Isn’t it something that should be determined by the medical profession?

Perhaps you can finally come to terms that late term is BARBARISM unless the life of the mother is at stake. And pass a LAW that neither side gets all they want.
Well, certain guns are barbaric. How about some laws there? Number one killer of children now.

15 weeks............NATIONWIDE........BAN PAST THAT POINT..........Both sides win that way and lose that way. That is why it is called compromise. But the left DOESN'T COMPROMISE and want ABORTION ON DEMAND FOREVER.

Same as now full abortion bans will occur in some states.

Lol….I don’t see many on the right compromising either.

Louisiana has banned even ordering Plan B by mail. Planned parenthood of Wisconsin claims Plan B is illegal there now, same for Texas. Merrick Garland issued an advisory telling states not to ban Plan B but he has no real jurisdiction. And unlike you, I have read Thomas's opinion. Yes, everything from legal birth control to gay marriage is now on the block, at least according to him. Some of us knew he had no place on the court decades ago.
He is one of nine justices and no other justices agreed with his concurring opinion. Big f-ing deal!

women are responsible for their bodies, if they are negligent they may become pregnant, that is not the responsibility of the federal government or the population in general.
Indeed. Nor is it their business.

Didn’t they rule they would leave it up to the states to enact restrictions at that point? I have no problem with doing that.
Never said you did. I said you played a game with me on another thread where you played with words for a gotcha moment.

You want to ALLOW ABORTION ON DEMAND in blue states and THEN DEMAND RED STATES HAVE LIMITS.

Screw that. A compromise is when one side gives and takes in a solution. You have made it clear you want NO COMPROMISE from blue states..........So here we are today.

Oh well...........When your side goes back to being JFK Dems let us know...........til then NO COMPROMISE ANYMORE WITH YOU.

Never said you did. I said you played a game with me on another thread where you played with words for a gotcha moment.

You want to ALLOW ABORTION ON DEMAND in blue states and THEN DEMAND RED STATES HAVE LIMITS.

Screw that. A compromise is when one side gives and takes in a solution. You have made it clear you want NO COMPROMISE from blue states..........So here we are today.

Oh well...........When your side goes back to being JFK Dems let us know...........til then NO COMPROMISE ANYMORE WITH YOU.
I could support a ban after 16 weeks with following:

No requirements on the woman (multiple appointments, vaginal ultra sound, waiting periods) that could delay her.

Always an exception for mother’s life, health and severe fetal deformities.

Fair enough?

Partial birth abortion is not a medical term, it is a political one. Laws regarding medical procedures should be based on medicine not politics. So called “partial birth” abortions don’t mean the fetus is at the point of viability or ever will be viable. Sometimes it’s the only way to remove a fetus with severe defects, like hydrocephalus without damaging the mother. Are you going outlaw that? Isn’t it something that should be determined by the medical profession?
Illinois just allowed it. Overruled the older ban. And again you just keep SCREAMING THE SKY IS FALLING issues.

Hyper BS is all it is...............We don't go HEY MOTHER JUST DIE DOWN HERE...........That is BS. If the safey of the mother is there our state is not going to Keel Haul the Doc for saving her life.

That is RIDICULOUS.

Your side talks with a forked tongue.........many say we don't believe in late term abortion but but but but but it's FOR SAFETY..........BS......

Do a deal and give up your PRECIOUS LATE TERM ABORTION ON DEMAND and end this mess..........you don't want to end this CHAOS.........you will use it for votes......You don't care about the aborted babies ..............just the Wedge voting over this.

I could support a ban after 16 weeks with following:

No requirements on the woman (multiple appointments, vaginal ultra sound, waiting periods) that could delay her.

Always an exception for mother’s life, health and severe fetal deformities.

Fair enough?
NATION WIDE? NEW YORK. CALIFORNIA BANS AFTER 16 WEEKS??????????

Me and you have been here before.......And you played a game. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

There's nothing in the Constitution that would remotely validate such a ruling. Of course the same could be said for abortion and faghadist marriage.

Can you show me in the constitution where it says anything about individual self defense as the reason an individual's right to bear arms exists.....????

Forum List

Back