What are some of your favorite smells?

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
After stepping outside to enjoy a few minutes of the morning sun with coffee & a smoke, I was instantly reminded that spring really is here. I could smell the cottonwood trees. Sure the trees themselves are a PITA with shallow root systems that can break up concrete, and the seeds that make everything look white as snow...but that smell is heavenly to the senses.

Some of my favorite picks...

1. Cottonwood trees

2. Coffee

3. fresh mowed hay field.....lawn grass is good too, but hay is in a class by itself.

4. old fashioned Petunias...…...not the newer hybrid varieties, but the older ones. Usually the large single flowered and darker colored. IF you're lucky will have a wonderful scent that I wish they could bottle up as perfume or room freshener. I love petunias anyway, but when at the garden nursery I'm the one smelling them all to find the old scented varieties. Not an easy task nowadays since most available are the hybrids.

5. Toast.....makes me hungry everytime

6. Popcorn...…...but not burnt

7. Livestock farm.....even though it stinks and can be overwhelming really quick, there is something soothing about it. Years ago, I would have to take a drive thru local farming areas just to get a whiff. Going by the dairy farm at milking time would definitely make my eyes water, even with the windows rolled up, but afterward, I'd feel ready to tackle whatever was before me.

Soooooooo, what are some of your favorites?

Pretty much anything that ain't my dog Sam's fart. Holy crap I'm traumatized. Something's wrong with that lil goomer.

But I love my perfume.

Apple cinnamon candles/scents

James' shirts

Fresh cut grass

Strawberries

Last edited:
"Napalm in the morning" ... ha ha ha ha ... just joking ...

Marijuana is lawful here under State Law ... and I do enjoy that smell anytime ... just sitting at a tavern nursing a beer and some of the younger folks will come in just reeking of the stuff ... always brings a smile to my face ...

Good soil freshly turned ... smells like life and all manner of good vital things ...

Chocolate ...

I do think the smell of gasoline is above average, maybe not in my top ten, but not a smell I try to avoid ... and yes, napalm smells like gasoline, at least the way I make it ...

After stepping outside to enjoy a few minutes of the morning sun with coffee & a smoke, I was instantly reminded that spring really is here. I could smell the cottonwood trees. Sure the trees themselves are a PITA with shallow root systems that can break up concrete, and the seeds that make everything look white as snow...but that smell is heavenly to the senses.

1. Cottonwood trees

2. Coffee

3. fresh mowed hay field.....lawn grass is good too, but hay is in a class by itself.

4. old fashioned Petunias...…...not the newer hybrid varieties, but the older ones. Usually the large single flowered and darker colored. IF you're lucky will have a wonderful scent that I wish they could bottle up as perfume or room freshener. I love petunias anyway, but when at the garden nursery I'm the one smelling them all to find the old scented varieties. Not an easy task nowadays since most available are the hybrids.

7. Livestock farm.....even though it stinks and can be overwhelming really quick, there is something soothing about it. Years ago, I would have to take a drive thru local farming areas just to get a whiff. Going by the dairy farm at milking time would definitely make my eyes water, even with the windows rolled up, but afterward, I'd feel ready to tackle whatever was before me.

Leather...
Hoppes 9...
Spent powder...
Cilantro...
And many more...

"Napalm in the morning" ... ha ha ha ha ... just joking ...

Marijuana is lawful here under State Law ... and I do enjoy that smell anytime ... just sitting at a tavern nursing a beer and some of the younger folks will come in just reeking of the stuff ... always brings a smile to my face ...

Good soil freshly turned ... smells like life and all manner of good vital things ...

Chocolate ...

I do think the smell of gasoline is above average, maybe not in my top ten, but not a smell I try to avoid ... and yes, napalm smells like gasoline, at least the way I make it ...

I agree about the soil...….good healthy soil ready for planting.

I'm not too fond of gasoline.....but as a kid I loved the smell of lighter fluid that was used in lighters.

1. Cottonwood trees

2. Coffee

Mimosa blooms and Honeysuckle.

1. Cottonwood trees

2. Coffee

The scent of a woman

The scent of freedom

And don't even start me on coconuts or pantene shampoo

:)

1. Cottonwood trees

2. Coffee

Mimosa blooms and Honeysuckle.

I forgot. PJ and I always enjoy the fragrance of petrechor in the beginning of a spring or summer storm.

1586450589947.png

The smell of a tobacco shop with fresh coffee brewing.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back