What are some of your favorite albums by Elton John?

I've loved a plethora of Elton's tunes...but one of my favorite albums is Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy and just about everything on it.

I love the tune Tower of Babel!.That's a gem.

Here's a pretty decent cover of Tower of Babel. Actually hard to find John doing this song live!

I like the songs "Take it in the ass" and "Swallow it with pride."

This line from Captain Fantastic always kind of had me wonder like "WTF??".

"While little dirt cowboys turned brown in their saddles
Sweet chocolate biscuits and red rosy apples in summer"

Like little GAY cowboys gyrating their brown bungholes in their saddles...little bungholes looking like SWEET CHOCOLATE BISCUITS... and their balls looking like rosy red apples in summer???? Ewwwww! :bang3:

Sometimes I wonder if Bernie wrote some lyrics to make it privately fun for Elton! :uhoh3:

But whatever... I STILL like the song...and as a matter of fact I can even play it pretty well on piano. :up:

I like the songs "Take it in the ass" and "Swallow it with pride."

This line from Captain Fantastic always kind of had me wonder like "WTF??".

"While little dirt cowboys turned brown in their saddles
Sweet chocolate biscuits and red rosy apples in summer"

Like little GAY cowboys gyrating their brown bungholes in their saddles...little bungholes looking like SWEET CHOCOLATE BISCUITS... and their balls looking like rosy red apples in summer???? Ewwwww! :bang3:

Sometimes I wonder if Bernie wrote some lyrics to make it privately fun for Elton! :uhoh3:

But whatever... I STILL like the song...and as a matter of fact I can even play it pretty well on piano. :up:
:thankusmile:

Madman Across The Water and that's about it, except for some individual songs here and there. His first two albums of Bernie's stuff were the best, can't remember the name of the other one, though; I was into Texas Roadhouse back then. Texas has far more than its share of great guitar players nobody has heard of outside Texas; many of them weren't into the touring 360 days a year for year you had to put in to be an 'Overnight Success' back then, they were quite content to stay local and have a life.

My favorites are - 1) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road 2) Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy 3) Tumbleweed Connection 4) Honky Chateau, and 5) Rock of the Westies

Great list imho. I agree with your top 4, just in slightly different order.

Captain Fantastic

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Tumbleweed Connection

Honky Chateau

Madman Across the Water

Elton John

Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player

Songs From the West Coast

Caribou

Rock of the Westies

The One

Blue Moves