What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

NFBW wrote Do you Correll praise Mike Pence for upholding the Constitution when his partner on the losing presidential ticket did not? 21NOV28-POST#1121

Correll wrote: Are you trying to argue that Pence's job of certifying the vote was purely ceremonial and he had no actual power to NOT certify it? 21NOV27-POST#1106

NFBW wrote: I commend Mike Pence for refusing to follow orders from the outgoing Commander in Chief to torpedo the certified election results on Jan6 that were (all fifty ststes) in safe harbor since December 14. Do you Correll praise Mike Pence for upholding the Constitution when his partner on the losing presidential ticket did not. 21NOV26 -POST#1106

NFBW wrote: Do you @Correll believe that when it comes to legal law abiding US citizens that “AVM” all votes matter?

Last edited:
Correll wrote: Are you trying to argue that Pence's job of certifying the vote was purely ceremonial and he had no actual power to NOT certify it? 21NOV27-POST#1106

NFBW wrote: That is not an argument- that is Federal Election Law 21NOV27-POST#1120

“”” The safe harbor deadline, however, is something of a guarantee.

If, for example, a state legislature decided to send in its own slate, the law says the electors chosen by popular vote and certified by the governor must be counted by Congress from states that met the safe harbor deadline “””

Correll wrote: 1. Faun and you believe that fraud had not been proved. 21NOV27-POST#1110

NFBW wrote: Therefore it is not about what Faun and I believe or what DJT and his vigilsnte mob believed about election fraud on Jan6. You have no point. TRUMP LIED to that mob there was a way he could and should win. That lie made them afraid of losing their country and angry. He was inciting them.
The law says all fifty states’ elections were legit and certified and had to be counted on Jan6. There is no exemption for sore losers. 21NOV27-POST#1120

Show me the basis for your claim that Pence's role is purely ceremonial. Keep it concise, you weirdo.

NFBW wrote Do you Correll praise Mike Pence for upholding the Constitution when his partner on the losing presidential ticket did not? 21NOV28-POST#1121

NFBW wrote: I commend Mike Pence for refusing to follow orders from the outgoing Commander in Chief to torpedo the certified election results on Jan6 that were (all fifty ststes) in safe harbor since December 14. Do you Correll praise Mike Pence for upholding the Constitution when his partner on the losing presidential ticket did not. 21NOV26 -POST#1106

NFBW wrote: Do you @Correll believe that when it comes to legal law abiding US citizens that “AVM” all votes matter?

You seem to be trying to make the case that Pence's role in certifying the vote, is purely ceremonial.

I have asked you to clearly state that if that is your intent, or to explain if I got your intent wrong.

YOu keep NOT doing that.

I need to know the answer to that, before we move on to address any further points.

Correll wrote: Let's pretend for a second, that you are correct on the objective, factual reality of the case. 21NOV27-POST#1117

This following (bold) are lies, flat out, no holds barred, pure, unadulterated, intentional with a purpose lies. it is not a public disagreement between President Trump. What Trump told the Jan6 protesters and the violent OathKeepers militia types were lies. There are four indisputable lies (1 through 4) There are two lies (A & B) which should be considered lies at this point because no evidence of biter fraud had surfaced for over a yesr since the election and the preponderance of the evidence says there was no meaningful frsud., 21NOV27-POST#11

“”””” (1) States want to revote. (A) The states got defrauded, (B) They were given false information. (2) They voted on it. (3) Now they want to recertify. They want it back. (4) All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest” “””””

NFBW wrote: So what’s to pretend Correll ? You are unable to contend lies (1 through 4) with anything at all. It was not wishful thinking out loud. They are lies. 21NOV27-POST#11

(On the morning of Jan6 2021 VP Mike Pence wrote in a letter that he forwarded to Congress Correll this statement) Given the controversy surrounding this year’s election, some approach this year’s quadrennial tradition with great expectation, and others with dismissive disdain. Some believe that as Vice President, I should be able to accept or reject electoral votes unilaterally. Others believe that electoral votes should never be challenged in a Joint Session of Congress. - - - After a careful study of our Constitution, our laws, and our history, I believe neither view is correct. - - - The President is the chief executive officer of the Federal Government under our Constitution, possessing immense power to impact the lives of the American people. The Presidency belongs to the American people, and to them alone. When disputes concerning a presidential election arise, under Federal law, it is the people’s representatives who review the evidence and resolve disputes through a democratic process. - - - Our Founders were deeply skeptical of concentrations of power and created a Republic based on separation of powers and checks and balances under the Constitution of the United States. - - - Vesting the Vice President with unilateral authority to decide presidential contests would be entirely antithetical to that design. As a student of history who loves the Constitution and reveres its Framers, I do not believe that the Founders of our country intended to invest the Vice President with unilateral authority to decide which electoral votes should be counted during the Joint Session of Congress, and no Vice President in American history has ever asserted such authority. Instead, Vice Presidents presiding over Joint Sessions have uniformly followed the Electoral Count Act, conducting the proceedings in an orderly manner even where the count resulted in the defeat of their party or their own candidacy. 21NOV28-POST#1125

Below are excerpts for you Correll from the text of Vice President Mike Pence’s letter to the members of Congress and released by his office on Jan6 regarding his decision not to block attempts to count the Electoral College votes as requested by President Donald Trump. 21NOV28-POST#1126

As Supreme Court Justice Joseph Bradley wrote following the contentious election of 1876, “the powers of the President of the Senate are merely ministerial. .. He is not invested with any authority for making any investigation outside of the Joint Meeting of the two Houses … if any examination at all is to be gone into, or any judgment exercised in relation to the votes received, it must be performed and exercised by the two Houses

Below are excerpts for you Correll from the text of Vice President Mike Pence’s letter to the members of Congress and released by his office on Jan6 regarding his decision not to block attempts to count the Electoral College votes as requested by President Donald Trump. 21NOV28-POST#1127

More recently, as the former U.S. Court of Appeals Judge J. Michael Luttig observed, “[t]he only responsibility and power of the Vice President under the Constitution is to faithfully count the Electoral College votes as they have been cast,” adding “[t]he Constitution does not empower the Vice President to alter in any way the votes that have been cast, either by rejecting certain votes or otherwise.”

Correll wrote: 1. Is it not Pence's job to make that call himself? 21OCT16-POST#887 - - - 2. IF Pence believed that the ballots were fraudulent, is that not what SHOULD have happened? 21OCT16-POST#887

Below are excerpts for you Correll from the text of Vice President Mike Pence’s letter to the members of Congress and released by his office on Jan6 regarding his decision not to block attempts to count the Electoral College votes as requested by President Donald Trump. 21NOV28-POST#1128

It is my considered judgment that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not.

Last edited:
Correll wrote: 1. Is it not Pence's job to make that call himself? 21OCT16-POST#887 - - - 2. IF Pence believed that the ballots were fraudulent, is that not what SHOULD have happened? 21OCT16-POST#887

Below are excerpts for you Correll from the text of Vice President Mike Pence’s letter to the members of Congress and released by his office on Jan6 regarding his decision not to block attempts to count the Electoral College votes as requested by President Donald Trump. 21NOV28-POST#1129

While my role as presiding officer is largely ceremonial, the role of the Congress is much different, and the Electoral Count Act of 1887 establishes a clear procedure to address election controversies when they arise during the count of the vote of the Electoral College.

Last edited:

Below are excerpts for you Correll from the text of Vice President Mike Pence’s letter to the members of Congress and released by his office on Jan6 regarding his decision not to block attempts to count the Electoral College votes as requested by President Donald Trump. 21NOV28-POST#1130

Today it wi11 be my duty to preside when the Congress convenes in Joint Session to count the votes of the Electoral College, and I will do so to the best of my ability. I ask only that Representatives and Senators who will assemble before me approach this moment with the same sense of duty and an open mind, setting politics and personal interests aside, and do our part to faithfully discharge our duties under the Constitution. I also pray that we will do so with humility and faith, remembering the words of John Quincy Adams, who said, “Duty is ours; results are God’s.”

Four years ago, surrounded by my family, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, which ended with the words, “So help me God.” Today I want to assure the American people that I will keep the oath I made to them, and I will keep the oath I made to Almighty God. When the Joint Session of Congress convenes today, I will do my duty to see to it that we open the certificates of the Electors of the several states, we hear objections raised by Senators and Representatives, and we count the votes of the Electoral College for President and Vice President in a manner consistent with our Constitution, laws, and history. So Help Me God.

Michael R. Pence Vice President of the United States

Last edited:
You seem to be trying to make the case that Pence's role in certifying the vote, is purely ceremonial.

NFBW wrote: The case has been made for months. It 21NOV28-POST#1131

NFBW wrote: They were there in numbers (unarmed by law) to pressure Pence to steal it. 21MAR20-POST#301

January 6, 2021 8:17 a.m.: Trump tweets: "States want to correct their votes, which they now know were based on irregularities and fraud, plus corrupt process never received legislative approval. All Mike Pence has to do is send them back to the States, AND WE WIN. Do it Mike, this is a time for extreme courage!"

NFBW wrote: And then live to the crowd DJT reminds the mob what Pence had to do:

Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do, all this is, this is from the number one, or certainly one of the top, Constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We’re supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our Constitution, and protect our constitution. - - - States want to revote. The states got defrauded, They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people.”

djtqriot1 copied and pasted from https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-01-13/transcript-of-trumps-speech-at-rally-before-us-capitol-riot?context=amp

NFBW wrote: But Pence defied the President and IGNORED the angry crowd. At about 1 PM he issued this statement on his way to the Capitol

"my considered judgement that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not."

NFBW wrote: The brave Trumpism patriots stormed the Capitol to stop the steal themselves and hang Mike Pence as a traitor to Constitutional Trumpism
(DoD Memo) 1:26 p.m.: The Capitol Police orders the evacuation of the Capitol complex.

NFBW wrote They left their guns in Virginia but they had or found other weapons and the gallows set up to hang Mike Pence.

NFBW wrote: Are you Correll fervently trying to make a case that the indicted Oath Keepers are correct and Mike Pence was wrong? 21NOV28-POST#1132

PENCE Determines his Role to uphold the Constitution on Jan6: “”mp Today it wi11 be my duty to preside when the Congress convenes in Joint Session to count the votes of the Electoral College, and I will do so to the best of my ability. I ask only that Representatives and Senators who will assemble before me approach this moment with the same sense of duty and an open mind, setting politics and personal interests aside, and do our part to faithfully discharge our duties under the Constitution. I also pray that we will do so with humility and faith, remembering the words of John Quincy Adams, who said, “Duty is ours; results are God’s.”

Four years ago, surrounded by my family, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, which ended with the words, “So help me God.” Today I want to assure the American people that I will keep the oath I made to them, and I will keep the oath I made to Almighty God. When the Joint Session of Congress convenes today, I will do my duty to see to it that we open the certificates of the Electors of the several states, we hear objections raised by Senators and Representatives, and we count the votes of the Electoral College for President and Vice President in a manner consistent with our Constitution, laws, and history. So Help Me God.
Michael R. Pence Vice President of the United States
“”mpJ6

OATH KEEPERS indicted for their role in attacking Mike Pence for not doing what Correll wanted him to do: STOP the STEAL. Because peaceful protest Oldestyle outside the Capitol On Jan6 does not Stop the Steal if Pence refuses to defy the Constitution:

NFBW wrote: the Oath Keepers insurrectionists planned and conspired to corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding. The purpose of the conspiracy was to stop, delay, and hinder the certification of the Electoral College vote. The insurrectionists could not stop, delay, and hinder the Certification of the Electoral College vote.from outside 21OCT29-POST#765

32. From at least as early as November 3, 2020, through January 6, 2021, in the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the defendants, THOMAS CALDWELL, DONOVAN CROWL, JESSICA WATKINS, SANDRA PARKER, BENNIE PARKER, GRAYDON YOUNG, LAURA STEELE, KELLY MEGGS, CONNIE MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, ROBERTO MINUTA, JOSHUA JAMES, JOSEPH HACKETT, JASON DOLAN, and WILLIAM ISAACS, did knowingly combine, conspire, confederate, and agree with each other and others known and unknown, to commit an offense against the United States, namely, to corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding, that is, the Certification of the Electoral College vote, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1512(c)(2)

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost..../ebc31ab9-738b-42c5-8a2b-086b0ae568d1.#page=1

Purpose of the Conspiracy 33. The purpose of the conspiracy was to stop, delay, and hinder the Certification of the Electoral College vote

Last edited:
Correll wrote: Let's pretend for a second, that you are correct on the objective, factual reality of the case. 21NOV27-POST#1117

This following (bold) are lies, flat out, no holds barred, pure, unadulterated, intentional with a purpose lies. it is not a public disagreement between President Trump. What Trump told the Jan6 protesters and the violent OathKeepers militia types were lies. There are four indisputable lies (1 through 4) There are two lies (A & B) which should be considered lies at this point because no evidence of biter fraud had surfaced for over a yesr since the election and the preponderance of the evidence says there was no meaningful frsud., 21NOV27-POST#11

“”””” (1) States want to revote. (A) The states got defrauded, (B) They were given false information. (2) They voted on it. (3) Now they want to recertify. They want it back. (4) All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest” “””””

NFBW wrote: So what’s to pretend Correll ? You are unable to contend lies (1 through 4) with anything at all. It was not wishful thinking out loud. They are lies. 21NOV27-POST#11

What a loser you are, that you could not even address my point. Loser. Loser. Loser.

NotfooledbyW

Not. Sorry for triggering you with my question. I was not asking you what Pence said. I was asking what your intent was.

Are you claiming that Pence's role is purely ceremonial?

yes or no.

Correll wrote: Are you claiming that Pence's role is purely ceremonial? 21NOV27-POST#1134

NFBW wrote: Pence’s Jan6 letter to Congress is exactly what I am claiming. On Jan6 Pence’s role is as he says ‘mostly’ ceremonial to count the electors. He can’t send any back. 21NOV27-POST#1136

Correll wrote: Protest crowd. That you have to lie, shows that you know you are in the wrong 21NOV27-POST#1106

NFBW wrote: DJT’s Jan6 audience included the Oath Keepers THOMAS CALDWELL, DONOVAN CROWL, JESSICA WATKINS, SANDRA PARKER, BENNIE PARKER, GRAYDON YOUNG, LAURA STEELE, KELLY MEGGS, CONNIE MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, ROBERTO MINUTA, JOSHUA JAMES, JOSEPH HACKETT, JASON DOLAN, and WILLIAM ISAACS.

It is a fact that they are named as defendants against the following charges. 32. From at least as early as November 3, 2020, through January 6, 2021, in the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the defendants, did knowingly combine, conspire, confederate, and agree with each other and others known and unknown, to commit an offense against the United States, namely, to corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding, that is, the Certification of the Electoral College vote, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1512(c)(2)

These people conspired to commit an offense against the United States to corruptly obstruct the Certification of the Electoral College vote, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1512(c)(2)

Being aware of that conspiracy to take the law into their own fucking hands and their violent criminal activity on Jan6, I choose to call those unpatriotic assholes “Vigilantes” Correll calls that a lie. Correll therefore a desperate clueless moron. DJT told them these lies.

“”””” States want to revote. The states got defrauded, They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest” “”””” 21NOV28-POST#1136

Last edited:
@Correll wrote: 2. IF Pence believed that the ballots were fraudulent, is that not what SHOULD have happened? 21OCT16-POST#887

NFBW wrote: No. Pence told a crowd at the RR Library in June that what Correll asks - “there’s almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American” president. - - - On October 16 of this year it was over eleven months after Pence and DJT were soundly beaten in the 2020 election. That is a FACT, but Correll as his writing shows, continues to refuse to accept that fact. - - - Proof of Correll ’s living in that denial, is the question that is cited above and the answer, a resounding NO by former VP Mike Pence.

Pence, in remarks at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, June 25, 2021
“Now there are those in our party who believe that, in my position as presiding officer over the joint session, that I possessed the authority to reject or return electoral votes certified by the states, But the Constitution provides the vice president with no such authority before the joint session of Congress.
https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-gop-as-last-line-of-defense-for-constitution
And the truth is, there’s almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president. The presidency belongs to the American people and the American people alone.” 21NOV29-POST#1137

Last edited:
Correll wrote: Are you claiming that Pence's role is purely ceremonial? 21NOV27-POST#1134

NFBW wrote: Pence’s Jan6 letter to Congress is exactly what I am claiming. On Jan6 Pence’s role is as he says ‘mostly’ ceremonial to count the electors. He can’t send any back. 21NOV27-POST#1136

1. What the fuck is wrong with you? I did not ask you what Pence said. Seriously. Are you fucked in the head? An asshole? BOTH?

2. Ok, so you are claiming that Pence's role is "mostly ceremonial".

Here is something I want you to consider, and think about a little before you post.

I have no clue if you are correct about that. l have never read up on his role, or the rules surrounding it. It has never been relevant before.

How does that FACT, impact your... position on the 1/6 protests?

Correll wrote: Protest crowd. That you have to lie, shows that you know you are in the wrong 21NOV27-POST#1106

NFBW wrote: DJT’s Jan6 audience included the Oath Keepers THOMAS CALDWELL, DONOVAN CROWL, JESSICA WATKINS, SANDRA PARKER, BENNIE PARKER, GRAYDON YOUNG, LAURA STEELE, KELLY MEGGS, CONNIE MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, ROBERTO MINUTA, JOSHUA JAMES, JOSEPH HACKETT, JASON DOLAN, and WILLIAM ISAACS.

It is a fact that they are named as defendants against the following charges. 32. From at least as early as November 3, 2020, through January 6, 2021, in the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the defendants, did knowingly combine, conspire, confederate, and agree with each other and others known and unknown, to commit an offense against the United States, namely, to corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding, that is, the Certification of the Electoral College vote, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1512(c)(2)

These people conspired to commit an offense against the United States to corruptly obstruct the Certification of the Electoral College vote, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1512(c)(2)

Being aware of that conspiracy to take the law into their own fucking hands and their violent criminal activity on Jan6, I choose to call those unpatriotic assholes “Vigilantes” Correll calls that a lie. Correll therefore a desperate clueless moron. DJT told them these lies.

“”””” States want to revote. The states got defrauded, They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest” “”””” 21NOV28-POST#1136

There were thousands of people there that day. ONly a few hundred actually entered the Capitol, thus earing the name "rioters".

Thus, conflating the vast majority with the few that crossed the line, is A. incorrect and B. implies that you know your position is incorrect, or you would not be lying like this.

@Correll wrote: 2. IF Pence believed that the ballots were fraudulent, is that not what SHOULD have happened? 21OCT16-POST#887

NFBW wrote: No. Pence told a crowd at the RR Library in June that what Correll asks - “there’s almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American” president. - - - On October 16 of this year it was over eleven months after Pence and DJT were soundly beaten in the 2020 election. That is a FACT, but Correll as his writing shows, continues to refuse to accept that fact. - - - Proof of Correll ’s living in that denial, is the question that is cited above and the answer, a resounding NO by former VP Mike Pence.

Pence, in remarks at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, June 25, 2021
“Now there are those in our party who believe that, in my position as presiding officer over the joint session, that I possessed the authority to reject or return electoral votes certified by the states, But the Constitution provides the vice president with no such authority before the joint session of Congress.
https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-gop-as-last-line-of-defense-for-constitution
And the truth is, there’s almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president. The presidency belongs to the American people and the American people alone.” 21NOV29-POST#1137

But, that would not be Pence "choosing" the President. That would only be the beginning of the alternative process.

Thus, by your logic, since what he said was factually wrong, it is not.... does not matter...it is as he did not say it.

Forum List

Back