Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
What American accent do you have?

Your Result: The Inland North

85%
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

81%
The South

80%
The Midland

64%
The Northeast

60%
Philadelphia

37%
The West

6%
Boston

2%
North Central

Huh? Inland North?? Trust me, I am southern. Not twangy though. Wisconsin? Don't tell me I now sound like my hubby...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

85%
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

81%
The South

80%
The Midland

64%
The Northeast

60%
Philadelphia

37%
The West

6%
Boston

2%
North Central

Hey....everything is Coke to me! :lol: (actually it is)

LOL Okay but what else did it say?

Your Result: The Midland

90%
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
80%
Philadelphia

70%
The Northeast

70%
The Inland North

69%
The South

38%
Boston

33%
The West

15%
North Central

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

96%

64%
The Northeast

62%
The South

60%
The Midland

60%
Philadelphia

Lived in all these places

• Thanks
Your Result: The Midland 95%

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West 88%

Boston 69%

North Central 66%

The Inland North 41%

The South 35%

Philadelphia 33%

The Northeast 27%

I'm actually Northeast Ohio. Did grow up near Midland, Pennsylvania, lol.

That quiz didn't ask diverse enough questions.

• Thanks

85%

81%
The South

80%
The Midland

64%
The Northeast

60%
Philadelphia

37%
The West

6%
Boston

2%
North Central

When I want a soda/pop I too say I want a Coke. It was right on for me, Southern Indiana.

85%

81%
The South

80%
The Midland

64%
The Northeast

60%
Philadelphia

37%
The West

6%
Boston

2%
North Central

When I want a soda/pop I too say I want a Coke. It was right on for me, Southern Indiana.

Who ever came up with pop anyhow?

I have lived in Florida, Wisconsin, and Alaska, but the South is definitely home! ♥

85%

81%
The South

80%
The Midland

64%
The Northeast

60%
Philadelphia

37%
The West

6%
Boston

2%
North Central

Who ever came up with pop anyhow?
Off the top of my head I would say it comes from the sound the tab makes when it punctures the seal on a can. As to who came up with it?:dunno:

My in-laws call it pop, but hubby says Coke now. He's been around me too long..or in the south too long.

New Topics

Forum List

Back