What age did you feel your decline ??

I am 56 and still do the things I did when younger.
Still frame expensive homes climbing scary heights, waterskiing and downhill, snowmobiling, and long walks with the dog or hikes over rough terrain.
Since my 40's though I just feel it more.
I grunt every time I get up too.

There are friends the same age that can no longer do the things I still do. Forcing me to do things with the younger crowd.

I had a little set back over he last year and a half.

Turned out to be a thyroid problem. But that thyroid problem brought on three episodes of cardiac arrest and one episode of thyroid storm. I literally almost checked out a couple of times.

But...the thyroid problem was apparently something that I'd had for many years and never realized it in the form of hyperthyroidism. I just thought I was naturally fast paced in everything I did.

That's not really decline, per se. It was just a glitch in my body, specific to an organ.

Now, a year and a half later, after having the issue treated and monitored, I really feel like I'm twenty again. Seriously.

I'm going into the nuclear medicine wing on Monday for iodine radiation and that should technically resolve the hyperthyroidism once and for all. It was something I didn't really want to do and the main reason the endocrinologist studied the bouncing back between hypo and hyper over the last year, trying to find that sweet spot where the thyroid medicine kept the hormonal balance where it should be.

So the radiation seems to be the reslution. She's gonna just shrink it.

Ever notice how my demeanor changes in my postings? Sometimes I can be a real prick and other times I'm sugar and spice and just everything nice. Well, that's why. Hormonal imbalances brought on by the bouncing between hypo and hyper wreak havok on your mood. It's not really my nature to be a prick. Not at all.

As far as natural decline, though? Huh uh. Not yet. I can still do everything I could do thirty years ago. There for a while, I couldn't, but that was just a consequence of a specific, non-natural biological malfunction. For lack of a better term.

Last edited:
For me it was 60 but it was after a long set of health problems. My worn joints keep me from running, but over all my health is improving. A former employer of mine was in his 70s still jogged and played tennis. So I guess it how you take care of your self in younger years tells how healthy the body will be in older years.

I have to grab pussy in order to get it up now. Used to just wake up that way.

At age 71 I can now see the pattern of slow but steady decline in all of my physical faculties. For better or worse I engage in activities that can be measured - lifting weights, bike riding, golfing, and so on.

My little victories are the times when my decline can be slowed and I can still do what I was doing a year ago.

Forum List

Back