What about the Proposed Jobs Bill do Repubs not like?

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
I'm just wondering what the objections are to the dems proposed Jobs bill? It's deficit neutral and seems to be designed to make an impact immediately.

Jobs Bill Overview

So, I was wondering which parts, specifically, those who are against it have the biggest issue with.

Well I suspected that much, but I wanted to actually hear some valid reasons from some of them. If there are no legitimate complaints, I'll have to assume that you're right.

How sad.

What about the Proposed Jobs Bill do Repubs not like?

The Republicans/Tea Party think that the nation hasn't suffered long enough - at least not long enough to vote them into power!

The taxing and spending parts.

Tell me, obama couldnt stimulate the economy with a bill that spends twice a smuch. Why on earth do any of you people think he will do it by spending half as much as he did last time and doing absolutely nothing more?

If he wants to spend more money he should tell Congress what he wants to cut to spend on it. Its what mature people do

Well I suspected that much, but I wanted to actually hear some valid reasons from some of them. If there are no legitimate complaints, I'll have to assume that you're right.

How sad.

Got ya. rdean is the only response you need to declare your viewpoint as the correct one.

One of these days it would be nice to have a discussion where you guys really want to have honest answers instead of this bullcrap.

I'm just wondering what the objections are to the dems proposed Jobs bill? It's deficit neutral and seems to be designed to make an impact immediately.

Jobs Bill Overview

So, I was wondering which parts, specifically, those who are against it have the biggest issue with.

You should ask the Democrats in the Senate since they are the ones holding it up. Actually I think it was voted down. Mainly by Democrats btw.

How about, it is a repetition of policies that have already failed to improve employment and have caused the downgrade of thsi country's debt and massive deficits?

Neg rep for your stupid pointless and inflammatory avatar.

The bill has nothing to do with jobs. Just because they call it a jobs bill doesn't make it one. It's about more taxing and more spending. That is probably the reason why DEMOCRATS voted against it. Just because obama said republicans stopped it, doesn't make that true either.

Jobs Bill Overview

It is not the federal role to fund local government. If you cheap bastards wont pay your firefighters and teachers it is on you.

How sad.

Got ya. rdean is the only response you need to declare your viewpoint as the correct one.

One of these days it would be nice to have a discussion where you guys really want to have honest answers instead of this bullcrap.

They are incapable of it. Here's the reason: Leftists KNOW they are right. Therefore the only legitimate reason anyone could oppose their views is racism, classism, elitism or something like that. IOW, exactly what they themselves are guilty of.

Jobs Bill Overview

"Jobs Bill" is a misnomer. It's actually stimulus3. Even the Democrats did want it, Don't make it sound like it was the Republicans. Reps wanted to vote on it right away, but Reid had to rewrite it first to make even palatable for the Dems.

Obama jobs bill: Dead legislatively, alive politically

"Democrats' sole proposal is to keep doing what hasn't worked, along with a massive tax hike that we know won't create jobs," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. "Why on earth would you support an approach that we already know won't work?"

The Republican-run House also objects to the size and scope of Obama's jobs bill. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said his colleagues will focus on their own jobs bill, which concentrates on removing unnecessary regulations over business people.

"I hope that the president will put the brakes on his campaign-style speeches and work with Congress on areas where there is bipartisan support to spur economic growth and get people back to work," Cantor said

"Democrats' sole proposal is to keep doing what hasn't worked, along with a massive tax hike that we know won't create jobs," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. "Why on earth would you support an approach that we already know won't work?"

The Republican-run House also objects to the size and scope of Obama's jobs bill. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said his colleagues will focus on their own jobs bill, which concentrates on removing unnecessary regulations over business people.

"I hope that the president will put the brakes on his campaign-style speeches and work with Congress on areas where there is bipartisan support to spur economic growth and get people back to work," Cantor said
Cantor is unfortunately whistling in the wind on that one. Obama could no more act in a bipartisan manner and quit demonizing the GOP than he could sprout wings and fly to the moon.

Fact is Obama's first stimulus never did as he claimed it did, so why would this one? If Obama's first stimulus really saved us then he wouldn't need another 450billion dollars to re:save us, right?

In a way Rtard is correct, people don't want it passed because it will help Obama, it floats the economy but does not fix it. It will get Obama to the GE and help his chances of winning only to once again drop the nation into a third recession after the money is gone, but the vote would have already been bought.

It's amazing that some people don't hold Obama accountable, he is spending more than Bush, has more wars than Bush and has divided the country more than Bush... all thing I'd say most people didn’t even think was possible back in 2008 when Obama first won.

Do you guys not like Bush because he was a horrible President or because he was a Republican? Maybe it’s possible that just like your answer to that Republican and many Democrats/independents don’t like Obama because he just like Bush is a horrible President… In fact he runs the country like Bush only dialed up quite a bit on the neocon meter.

Simple answer. I don't like this next stimulus because it adds to the deficit, adds to debt and in the end ultimately will make the problem worse just like Obama’s last stimulus did. Just like Bush's stimulus's did...

To the OP and the clowns in the first few posts.
The Democrats didn't allow a vote on it as they couldn't get enough Democrats who would stoop so low as to vote for yet another gargantuan waste of money.
The bill was doomed from day one...because it is not paid for, and all the jobs that it is supposed to create :)doubt:) are temporary in nature or city and state government jobs for cities and states that are already broke...and like above...would lay them back off as soon as the money ran out.

It is not a jobs bill...it is a "I hope this helps me get elected" bill.
This administration would not so much as blink an eye to spend a half $billion to help get re-elected.

To the OP and the clowns in the first few posts.
The Democrats didn't allow a vote on it as they couldn't get enough Democrats who would stoop so low as to vote for yet another gargantuan waste of money.
The bill was doomed from day one...because it is not paid for, and all the jobs that it is supposed to create :)doubt:) are temporary in nature or city and state government jobs for cities and states that are already broke...and like above...would lay them back off as soon as the money ran out.

It is not a jobs bill...it is a "I hope this helps me get elected" bill.
This administration would not so much as blink an eye to spend a half $billion to help get re-elected.

Thank you, said much better than me.

Obama will spend as much tax payer money for his reelection as he can.

Cantor is unfortunately whistling in the wind on that one. Obama could no more act in a bipartisan manner and quit demonizing the GOP than he could sprout wings and fly to the moon.

True. I wonder how much support he'll give to any element of the Republican alternative

Senate Republicans, having rejected President Barack Obama's jobs bill, offered a sweeping and largely repackaged plan of their own on Thursday
Their "Jobs Through Growth Act" features a fresh call for tax reform and cuts as well as a number of components previously proposed, but stalled in the Democratic-led Senate.

They include steps to: require a balanced budget; repeal Obama's overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system; lift prohibitions on offshore energy exploration and promote U.S. trade.

Forum List

Back