What a Trump Supporter Expects from President Trump.

Illya. K. Makrus

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2016
Austin T.X.
I've been a Trump supporter pretty much since July 2015. I also worked as a volunteer for the campaign, mostly off-campus. Now the election is over, and I'm glad that my first vote is on the winning side. For the record, here's what I want from president Trump. If he gets most of these done, he will have my support for re-election.

Immigration
(1) Stop the illegals from pouring into America. It doesn't have to be a wall, and Mexico certainly doesn't have to pay for it with a check or something, but a stronger border is a must.
(2) No amnesty for future illegal immigrants. He doesn't have to deport those who are already here (except felons), but anyone who sneak into the US illegally in the future must be deported.
(3) No refugees until they can be vetted reliably.
(4) Defund sanctuary cities.

Healthcare Reform (ACA related)
(1) Get the premiums in control.
(2) Make sure the plans are actually usable (not crazy deductible, three-month wait, or 40-mile-away hospitals).

Economy
(1) Cut unnecessary regulations (especially on small businesses).
(2) Lower tax rate for small businesses and personal income, especially for middle class.
(3) Fair trade, as "free" as possible.
(4) Reasonable annual growth.
(5) Rebuild infrastructures (launch specific and tangible projects)

National Security and Military
(1) Strengthen our military.
(2) Weaken or destroy ISIS.
(3) Take care of our servicemen and veterans.

Public Safety
(1) Protect the citizens (support law enforcement) when thugs riot.
(2) Enforce existing gun laws

Good-to-haves
(1) Thoroughly investigate Clinton Foundation.
(2) Better international image of the US.
(3) Immigration programs that attract international talents.
(4) Promote gun-rights for law-abiding citizens.

Last edited:
He already took his rants about banning Muslims off his website. Trump is in over his head, and just beginning to find out how far over his head he is.

He already took his rants about banning Muslims off his website. Trump is in over his head, and just beginning to find out how far over his head he is.
Honestly I never thought he would implement that proposal. It was more like "I'd go this far to protect national security" kind of deal. If the country suffered from a severe terrorist attack by a Muslim from outside, he might do that, but given the current circumstances, he will not and should not.

I've been a Trump supporter pretty much since July 2015. I also worked as a volunteer for the campaign, mostly off-campus. Now the election is over, and I'm glad that my first vote is on the winning side. For the record, here's what I want from president Trump. If he gets most of these done, he will have my support for re-election.

Immigration
(1) Stop the illegals from pouring into America. It doesn't have to be a wall, and Mexico certainly doesn't have to pay for it with a check or something, but a stronger border is a must.
(2) No amnesty for future illegal immigrants. He doesn't have to deport those who are already here (except felons), but anyone who sneak into the US illegally in the future must be deported.

(2) Make sure the plans are actually usable (not crazy deductible, three-month wait, or 40-mile-away hospitals).

Economy
(2) Lower tax rate for small businesses and personal income, especially for middle class.

Public Safety

Good-to-haves

A lot of that is actually pretty reasonable and some elements could garner the support of both sides of the aisle.

Immigration

Economy

Public Safety

Good-to-haves

That is a great plan, Illya, we all hope it comes true .

Thank you so much for volunteering for Trump. You contributed to the victory too.

Immigration

Economy

Public Safety

Good-to-haves
That was a fantastic and well-organized list of demands and wants for the Trump administration given how young you are. I really think he will do most of those.

I wish my first presidential vote was for the winner.

Thank you so much for volunteering for Trump. You contributed to the victory too.
Well, volunteering turns out to be a pleasant excitement. The "excitement" part comes with the fact that you kind of have to work as a "secret agent", because you don't want to get into unnecessary troubles in days like this. There are hundreds of frustrated people protesting on campus, some of my friends included, and the only appropriate thing for me to do, I guess, is to tell them nothing about my "part-time job" and console them... It's a little weird...

Immigration

Economy

Public Safety

Good-to-haves
What about the Trump Foundation? No investigation? It's already received a "cease and desist" order. What do you think of that?

Besides, the Clinton Foundation has been investigated by the CIA, the FBI and Congressional investigators. What's next? Brick by brick?

Didn't see anything about education. Do you think Americans don't have "talents" or just Republicans don't have talents?

I agree with those points. I think he also owes the rust belt a concerted effort to bring jobs back in those areas. Good for you that you got involved and made a difference.

Immigration

Economy

Public Safety

Good-to-haves

Boy are you gonna blow a fuse when he fails to deliver on those promises.

Too much vague and "do what we've been doing except stronger, better, free-ier (is that a thing? Lol)

Despite being the opposition, I could get behind some of this.

For example these particular ones:

Immigration
(2) No amnesty for future illegal
immigrants. He doesn't have to deport those who are already here (except felons), but anyone who sneak into the US illegally in the future must be deported.​

To build a wall might - might - reduce illegal immigration, but the it will also fracture many border communitees, cut them off from each other, effect the small scale trade that goes on, impact the natural movement of wildlife and cost a lot of money. Hard not to imagine such a things as like a Berlin wall topped with gun towers aimed at civilians - legal, or illegal, most are not violent criminals.

I also agree with deporting felons. And with viewing those currently here differently than those not yet here. I support deporting over jailing them unless they've committed a crime other than being here illegally.

This too I could support - REFORM, not repeal.

Economy

#1 - depends on what you consider unnecessary.
#2 - I would support lowered tax rates for business across the board in order to be more competitive world wide. I would also like to see more things to encourage small business and small farmers rather than subsidizing the giants.
#5 - Totally. I supported this when Obama proposed it but Congress refused to fund it. Needs to be a national priority, maybe block grants to states who can make decisions on what projects.

I think our military is just fine in terms of strength, but #2 and #3, totally support.

Honestly I never thought he would implement that proposal. It was more like "I'd go this far to protect national security" kind of deal. If the country suffered from a severe terrorist attack by a Muslim from outside, he might do that, but given the current circumstances, he will not and should not.
That was one of his main promises.

Well, volunteering turns out to be a pleasant excitement. The "excitement" part comes with the fact that you kind of have to work as a "secret agent", because you don't want to get into unnecessary troubles in days like this. There are hundreds of frustrated people protesting on campus, some of my friends included, and the only appropriate thing for me to do, I guess, is to tell them nothing about my "part-time job" and console them... It's a little weird...

I have a friend who worked for the Obama election and relection committee in VA and it was an interesting and fun experience for her. Because it's a very red state, and politically volatile- it was a challenge for her. But she's a super sociable friendly person, and people liked talking with her and opening up - even if they didn't vote for him.

I agree with those points. I think he also owes the rust belt a concerted effort to bring jobs back in those areas. Good for you that you got involved and made a difference.
You say bring jobs back like they moved some where. Will, millions did. To China. And with the Chinese making $172 an month, those jobs will never come back.

But the vast majority of jobs were lost to automation. NOT moving overseas.

Outsourcing Not the Culprit in Manufacturing Job Loss | Automation World

Automation vs. Outsourcing

Trump knew that all the time. His minions are fools. They could have looked that up. But they want high paying jobs that require no skills. Stupid people.

What about the Trump Foundation? No investigation? It's already received a "cease and desist" order. What do you think of that?
I was under the impression that the investigation was reported in October and there was no follow-up ever since.

Besides, the Clinton Foundation has been investigated by the CIA, the FBI and Congressional investigators. What's next? Brick by brick?
The FBI investigation on Clinton Foundation is still going on. I hope Trump administration would fully support this investigation and help the FBI reach a responsible conclusion. Don't you?
Reince Priebus: FBI Is Still Investigating Clinton Foundation
FBI's Clinton Foundation investigation a ‘high priority' among some agents, sources say

Didn't see anything about education.
That means I don't have a specific "wish" with this respect. Perhaps because I'm pretty satisfied with my educational experiences. Although, I think it is a little weird that the political views of young people happens to be largely "liberal" in a country with such diversity of ideology.

Do you think Americans don't have "talents" or just Republicans?
I guess we all agree that immigration is a strength and hallmark of America. We can benefit from legal immigration, especially if the immigrants are "talented" and appreciate the core-values of America.

I have a friend who worked for the Obama election and relection committee in VA and it was an interesting and fun experience for her. Because it's a very red state, and politically volatile- it was a challenge for her. But she's a super sociable friendly person, and people liked talking with her and opening up - even if they didn't vote for him.
Yeah, most people are nice and reasonable (at least before the election day), but there are a few who tend to get very emotional. We have quite a few students going nuts yesterday. It's a lot better today though.

Immigration

Economy

Public Safety

Good-to-haves

Boy are you gonna blow a fuse when he fails to deliver on those promises.
Sure! If he fails to deliver most of these, I will have to see what the Democrats offer.

You say bring jobs back like they moved some where. Will, millions did. To China. And with the Chinese making $172 an month, those jobs will never come back.

But the vast majority of jobs were lost to automation. NOT moving overseas.

Outsourcing Not the Culprit in Manufacturing Job Loss | Automation World

Automation vs. Outsourcing

Trump knew that all the time. His minions are fools. They could have looked that up. But they want high paying jobs that require no skills. Stupid people.

Agree, that is one area where Trump's promises were pie in the sky - those jobs won't come back, and what little might come back won't be anywhere near the numbers needed due to automation.

But it's not entirely fair to say what I bolded. Manufacturing jobs were skilled labor - it just didn't need a college degree. It payed well and it could support a family. They aren't stupid - they are desperate. You can't raise a family on a McD's job. What Trump should do is work with the states on figuring out what sorts of new jobs they could attract, and train the workforce for those jobs. It's the same problem we have in my state only the mantra is the War Against Coal. We're a state with a heavy reliance on the energy industry and coal in particular provides very well paying jobs with out needing a college degree. That's just not going to come back the way it was. It's a finite resource, and while environmental regulations have taken some toll, a lot of it is also effected by the production of cheaper and cleaner natural gas. In addition, a lot of the coal that remains is harder to extract, more expensive, and the extraction is more environmentally damaging. So Trump is promising to bring it all back instead of talking about diversifying the industries in those areas, attracting new jobs, retraining the workforce. In all those areas Clinton's ideas were way ahead of Trumps but they were drowned out in the "War Against Coal" shouting.

Yeah, most people are nice and reasonable (at least before the election day), but there are a few who tend to get very emotional. We have quite a few students going nuts yesterday. It's a lot better today though.

Students? We had Trump voters going nuts. Or maybe you don't pay attention to the world around you?

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back